Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2015, 07:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setting gyro gain on JR9303

I'm using my new (used) JR9303 with a 6-channel receiver, and I'm aware of the fact that I cannot use the gyro menu in the TX because it uses channel 7 for that purpose, so I have to use the gear channel and travel adjust instead. So far, so good - no big deal.
However, I only fly in HH mode, and to top it off, I never change my gyro gain in flight. So, what I would like to do is assign the same gain setting no matter what the switch position, but travel adjust insists that the lower limit is a negative number. I just want to avoid that I inadvertently hit that switch and end up in rate mode, either on take-off or during flight.
I know there must be a workaround using mixes or whatever, but I haven't found the right thread yet.
If someone can either walk me through this or point me to a thread where this is explained step-by-step would be awesome!
Thanks a lot!!!
getsuyoubi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2015, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would have to look at our 9505 and see for sure but I think you could go into the device manager and reasign the gyro to channel 5. I think you can do that but I am not sure and am at work now so I can't check till later
Old 07-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

This appears in the 9303, X9303, and X9503.

I would select Channel 7 in Device Select for use with Gyro sense, then run a mix from channel 7 to channel five (and disable the "Gear" switch).

I did this for a friend once a few years ago and he was able to use the "Gyro Sense" menu without any issues. You can then set all of the gyro gains in the "Gyro Sense" menu to be the same, so you won't disturb your gyro settings by hitting switches inadvertently.

I also just did this with my old, Park Zone BNF Stinson, so that I could use the Flap Switch switch on the existing 5 channel Rx to control the flaps, instead of the Gear switch on my 11X (mixed the Flap Channel to Channel 5-I am standardizing the controls on all of my airplanes so that all the Flaps are on the same 3-Position Switch).

Bob O. had posted a good work-around to this issue quite a while back, as well.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys, really appreciate the input!
Part of my problem is certainly the fact that I just got this radio yesterday, and coming from a DX6i I still need to wrap my head around this entire mixing business. Step-by-step instructions would be really great at this point. I'm sure in the end it'll all seem straightforward, but at the moment I'm kind of lost.
Thanks again!!!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried some more, but I still don't get it. I'm using Mixer #3, setting AUX2 as the master and GEAR as the slave. My GYRO SENS values are 68% for both switch positions, because that's what I want all the time. What values do I have to use for POS0 and POS1 in the mixer then? Right now I don't see those 68% on the GEAR channel in the MONITOR; any values I put in at POS0 or POS1 just get added and/or subtracted from +/- 100%. I thought I have to use 0% there, so nothing gets added to the 68% coming from AUX2, but that's apparently not how it works. In that case, GEAR just shows +/- 100%, because I'm not adding anything by mixing.
I must be doing this all wrong. Please help!
Old 07-29-2015, 03:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally found Bob O.'s video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Pt...93dwUJSyr8ftVw

Thanks again guys!
Old 07-30-2015, 12:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you got it resolved, sir!

Bob O. definitely knows his stuff!
Old 07-30-2015, 12:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

That video should be made a sticky IMHO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in