Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Snjbird,

First i wanna say thanx for the super review's on all the blades you've tested so far, keep up the good work we sure bennefit all your test's here.

What do you think of the Ms Composit Champion Carbon 325 Main Blades on a 450 pro?
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/comp...mm-p-9718.html
Any change that you will test those?
Thanx so far..

Friendly Regards Dennis.... ( from the cold and rainy Netherlands )

Last edited by ThaDJ; 10-23-2010 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: forgot the link sorry...
ThaDJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So it has been a few weeks with these TP blades and I'm just loving these things! I'm no 3D pilot but I can certainly tell the difference between these, the stock Aligns and the cheap-o stealth CF blades. More pop, less flex and dam are they snappy... Love the way they look too, that black fade and white tips, pretty pretty...
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes I still think the Thunder Power Blades are close to, if not the best blades. I have not flown the MS composite blades on a 450, I flew a set of their larger blades on a friends 600. the ones you listed are like 63.00 USD
Old 10-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #144 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by snjbird View Post
Yes I still think the Thunder Power Blades are close to, if not the best blades. I have not flown the MS composite blades on a 450, I flew a set of their larger blades on a friends 600. the ones you listed are like 63.00 USD
I think the MS blades would be a lot more popular if they were good. I have flown MS 325mm night blades and they're okay ... But slow on cyclic and not much collective. However, these are night blades and most fly different than comparable "daytime" blades.
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

$63.00 is 7 pairs of the 3D pro blades...

I have a box full of 325ish blades, and they all have some merit. Most expensive blades in the box are the Radix @ 45.00 retail, and mid 20s Cosflawed...

But I don't think the Radix are the best for my style of flying, but other would disagree.

The cheapest blades I have are from RC Heli Partz, they were 7.50 and they work OK, good enough for low practice, as I am still flying into the ground on occasion. I figure I can save the "good" blades for a time when I am hitting the ground less
Old 10-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #146 (permalink)
HF Support

Personally I tend to go for the 'expensive' blades on my helis. I find that the cheaper blades flutter most of the time, and load up the head. I got some $30 Cermark 425mm blades for my T500, and they flutter like crazy despite being pretty stiff. Worth it if you are still crashing into the ground, but I'll take my Radix 430 on V-Bar!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

SNJbird,

You are doing great work here.

I would like to add my experiences, as limited as they might be. My flying style is smooth to moderate 3D with some big smooth maneuvers mixed in.

When I first got my pro, it was used and had Radix on it. I flew them as long as I could, but the inevitable happened. I had nothing to compare them to and thought the heli flew great.

After crashing I purchased a set of G5's and 2 sets of Stealth blades.
http://www.helidirect.com/sbm325323k...is-p-20028.hdx

Upon rebuild I flew around 40 flights on the stealth blades with NO complaints. They felt quite similar to the Radix blades in my opinion. They were light, quick on cyclic and there was alot of collective available. However, I have never gotten the blades to track perfectly (though I haven't gone to the extent of balancing the blades, just flew them stock)

This weekend I decided to try the G5s to see if they would stay in track, i.e., if my tracking issues were a result of the blade or some bent head piece. I have to say, I was impressed w/ the G5 blades for what they are. The blades were very smooth and predictable in the air and therefore made the heli feel more locked in and "bigger" in a sense. These blades also surprised me in the Autorotation category. It's my thoughts that since the blades are heavier, they take longer to slow down and carry inertia well through the Auto. I had much more hang time on these blades than I imagined I would gain just from switching blades.

Despite the benefits of the G5's, I don't believe I'll keep them on the heli as they DO NOT have the same speed as the Stealth or Radix blades. I like their presence in the air both in feel and their sound, but I would have to go to a larger pinion on my setup to get them to fly the way I like my heli flying and I would loose lots of energy to that compromise.

I will be going back to the Stealth blades as I have 2 pairs, they are very snappy blades and they are just plain CHEAP! I really can't tell much difference between them and the Radix, except in the $18 v.s. $45 price tags.

I hope this helps anyone out there looking at any of these three blades.

P.S. I'm not affiliated w/ helidirect or Stealth blades in any way and hope I'm in the right in posting a link to the blades. It's more for the photo to differentiate between these blades and others out there.
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
Personally I tend to go for the 'expensive' blades on my helis. I find that the cheaper blades flutter most of the time, and load up the head. I got some $30 Cermark 425mm blades for my T500, and they flutter like crazy despite being pretty stiff. Worth it if you are still crashing into the ground, but I'll take my Radix 430 on V-Bar!
I do stick with top name blades on my larger helis, Align Radix, Rotor Tech, Edge, and SAB.

But on the 450 I have found that the "cheap" blades make for a good value, and seem to work very well. Now that being said, not all cheap blades are created equal
Old 11-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #149 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
I do stick with top name blades on my larger helis, Align Radix, Rotor Tech, Edge, and SAB.

But on the 450 I have found that the "cheap" blades make for a good value, and seem to work very well. Now that being said, not all cheap blades are created equal
I agree, but when I had my 450 ... I got spoiled with the TP 337s. After that, I couldn't fly anything else
Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have purchased many sets of Stealth and Pro 3D blades (430mm). In my opinion, they are not worth it. They are hardly ever straight. They always needs tons of packing tape to balance them. They fly ok if you're just puttering around. But I much prefer the SABs, MS Composites, Edge FBL, G5 Pro etc.

I would take the Cermark Chameleon blades every time over the Stealth and Pro 3D. The Chameleons are stiffer, straight, CG matches, and sometimes only require a tiny bit of tape to balance. The finish quality is not that good (neither are the Stealth and Pro 3D). I don't get the flutter that someone posted about.

And best of all, if you buy them in 3's or 5's, they come out to being only $16 a pair. BTW, these Chameleon blades have FBL characteristics.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been using these for some time and they are very good. I run v high headspeed. I just put a pair of the strealths on and my initial impression is they are very good. Weight was off by about .04 approx. My fav blades are the TP, but at less than 1/2 the price, these are mighty close.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking to get my first 450 soon. Getting a trex 450 sport. The question is: 325 or 335 blades? Getting some align woodies. Should I want higher HS with the 325s? Also, from hole to tip the 325 are 315 and 335s are 325..... hmmmmm
ExtensionChord is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

At a safe HS the 335 align woodies are very stable blades and makes the 450 easier to fly IMO
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

safe HS being 2800rpm roughly? i'm looking to get a 2221-8 motor but idk what pinion would get me that with 3595kv... i'll go find out
ExtensionChord is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
At a safe HS the 335 align woodies are very stable blades and makes the 450 easier to fly IMO
after hovering and some slow ff, woodies suck imo.
tacomaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtensionChord View Post
Looking to get my first 450 soon. Getting a trex 450 sport. The question is: 325 or 335 blades? Getting some align woodies. Should I want higher HS with the 325s? Also, from hole to tip the 325 are 315 and 335s are 325..... hmmmmm
Most 325 blades actually come in at 315mm. The 335's also have some discrepancies. But what you do gain is disc size and that creates a much more stable heli. I used to think the shorter blades would be easier to learn on but in actuality it is the exact opposite. I just ordered in my 335's last week but am seriously thinking about moving up into 350's this summer. These (350s) probably wont work with the stock sport motor and certainly not with the stock tail boom. Just sayin. bigger is better.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hey I have been through $3500.00worth of batteries, since I started this deal, that is a fair chunk of change! And I know what works and what does not now because of keeping track of them Now I have just under $600.00 worth of batteries that I can fly all day with and never fire up a nitro, if I want!
This thread is a great help.

Ever think about a thread on all the lipos you've tried and the results. I for one would be very interested. I need to replace my lipos on my 450 sport.
Fierce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Top work, thanks for posting that reveiw. Deserves sticky status.

The differences are amazing, especially the weights!

Growndefekt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Been flying FBL... I'll post some findings later...
Old 07-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

SNJ, when you get the time, do post up results in he FBL arena. Come Tuesday, I'll be putting together a 450 Pro V2 w/ 3Gx and it comes w/ 46g a pair Align 3G blades. I'd like o hear thoughts on other blade options as well for FBL!
As always, continue the god work.
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in