Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Frenzy Gear Stripping video

i kept on flying, then it gets worst

TZ Frenzy Stripping Gears (0 min 50 sec)

Old 07-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow!! did the screws come loose or somthing??
Old 07-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's the exact sound I heard when mine stripped too.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

no nothing came lose, and the gear spacing was perfect from the factory and was still is when i landed, i think it's just a weak gear

we need some 85T delrin gears for the frenzy
Old 07-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Brian, how many flights did you have on it before it stripped? Mine stripped out on the second flight so I thought it was due to bottom bearing block falling off. If what you say is true about perfect gear mesh then there is definitely an issue with the gears. The first frenzy I bought never had a problem with the main gear yet and its still going strong after six gallons of fuel.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

mine stripped after the 1st gallon

and it is the problem with the pinion, Amain and TZ is working on a new pinion at this moment that will mesh up with the main gear better and prevent strippage
Old 03-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know this is bringing back an old thread, but I have recently bought a frenzy as my first heli to learn on.. so far it has stripped 2 main gears (the original one and a raptor 50 one)

A mate put me onto this forum as he had read this about them.

Any info on this new pinion that should fix the problem?
BigMike78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
BC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I dont know of any new pinion. IMO it is gear alignment and mesh more then anything.
Are your gears too tight or too loose?
I run the raptor 8.7:1 gearing, not as a fix for gear stripping but for headspeed/engine rpm preference.
BC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi BC..

The first one it stripped was the original that came with the heli.. my mate that is teaching me checked it and reset it, it lasted for the 6 or so hovering practice flights.. on the first moving flight it stripped at around half throttle (not in stunt mode yet)...

The second gear was the raptor part as we thought it was just poor quality plastic on the first one.. it lasted another hover check flight and another moving flight (I dumb thumbed that one on landing but the gear was fine). I set up this gear the way I was shown and it was checked by another heli pilot who said it was ok... on its second flight it stripped as we were landing the heli...

The new pinion I was asking about was the one mentioned in the post above my first post.

I have ordered more main gears and another pinion from hobbyking and will change it anyway to see if that does anything.. Just getting frustrated as so far this heli has only survived one flight each weekend.. and 2 of those are cos of stripped gears.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
BC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry to hear of the problems. I can understand the frustration. I have heard of a few gear stripping problems but it is not an epidemic. Good to hear you have some experienced pilots to help you out, they might be thinking this is a terrible model but I know its not.
I hope your new gears fix the problem. I wonder if your pinion could be out of round? Try and check that.
BC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you have to use the raptor pinion and cut 6mm off of the end, and the raptor main gear and youll be good to go
Old 03-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys

I had heard about using the rappy pinion and cutting some off.. I will see how this new one from hobby king goes and if it does it again i will def go to the rappy stuff..

my main concern is that its gonna strip it up high and trash the motor and electrics and stuff.. so far I have been lucky and got away with minimal damage when it has gone...

The aim is to use this one till I am comfortable with flying heli's then go onto a trex 600 ...

Gotta get more then 1 flight a week out of this one first though
Old 05-31-2010, 02:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thinking of getting one of these helis, but before I do I am wandering if the "stripping main gear" isues has been resolved, if so what is the fix?

Aloha,
Les
MolokaiBoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, the kits now come with an updated pinion that meshes better. I've only replaced one main gear in nearly 150 flights.
Frenzy 50 with SK-360, AR7100R, BLS451, Edge FBL Blades, Spartan DS 760.Frenzy 90 with SK-720, AR7100R, BLS451, OS 91 HZ-PS. ELY-Q Vision 90 with BeastX, AR7100R, BLS451, OS 91 HZ-R, Radix FBL. JR X9303
heartnspirit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in