Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

My two Nanos got RKH swashes today. Original plastic swash can be glued with CA glue if broken but I am lazy...

Quality and flight characteristics are great. I was using MH swashes on mCP X.

I have chosen RKH this time due to free worldwide shipping.

Sippment from Vietnam was fast. I ordered them on 23rd Feb and received them on 6th Mar.

Now my Nanos are even more crash resistant and comparing to plastic swash alu has much less flex and is more rigid.

Only disadvantege is gain in weight. For me acceptable sacrifice in this case.

I do reccomend RKH swash for Nano.

Last edited by utrinque; 03-08-2013 at 01:11 PM..
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got a RKH alu Nano frame on order, will the MicroHeli alu swash fit (with rear anti-rotation bracket)?

Or do I need the Lynx?
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
Got a RKH alu Nano frame on order, will the MicroHeli alu swash fit (with rear anti-rotation bracket)?

Or do I need the Lynx?

The Microheli swashplate will work on the Rakon frame, but you have to do a little work. The rear Anti-Rotation swash pin and guide will not work. You will have to use the Rakon side AR guide and glue a pin to the side of the MH swashplate.

Fortunately, Rakon frames come with an extra carbon frame support rod that fits perfectly into the side of the Microheli swashplate and then gets glued for the AR pin. Then you will have to use the derim/plastic AR guide from Rakon on the side of the frame. Plastic against carbon slides better than carbon against carbon so use the plastic Rakon AR guide.

Do that or get the Rakon swashplate. I believe the Lynx swashplate will work better than the MH one, but the Rakon swashplate will work the best. Ebay has Rakon swashes if they are out.
JEBSi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've used Rakon stuff successfully on other helis but am less impressed with it on the nano. I have a Rakon nano swash and it's actually quite fragile - I've had several (throttle hold) crashes result in bent swash arms which throws the blade tracking right out. Sure I bend them back, but I'm sure that's weakening the alloy and one day they will just snap.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RKH Swash Fail

After 2 flights my Rakon swash on a Nano CPX has broken off a ball on the lower plate on a light impact crash. I was surprised as the stock plastic swash seems more durable and survived numerous impacts into the same bush in my yard.

I have 2 full RKH equipt SR120s and up till now liked the products. The Nano swash is a disappointment though. Wow Hobbies finally got back to me and offered a credit if I sent it in. They suggested another brand and I agree...time to try a Lynx. 30 days downtime sending it back and waiting for a replacement (I am in Canada) in prime flying season is a downer though.

Rakon Heli after 3 days still has not even replied to my email.

Just ordered a Lynx swash from HeliDirect as I need to get back flying quickly.
Maybe I got a bad one metal quality wise. Sounds like other people are finding the metal quality soft too.

I would stay away from this swash brand and go another route.

Sean
Bushtripper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushtripper View Post
After 2 flights my Rakon swash on a Nano CPX has broken off a ball on the lower plate on a light impact crash. I was surprised as the stock plastic swash seems more durable and survived numerous impacts into the same bush in my yard.

I have 2 full RKH equipt SR120s and up till now liked the products. The Nano swash is a disappointment though. Wow Hobbies finally got back to me and offered a credit if I sent it in. They suggested another brand and I agree...time to try a Lynx. 30 days downtime sending it back and waiting for a replacement (I am in Canada) in prime flying season is a downer though.

Rakon Heli after 3 days still has not even replied to my email.

Just ordered a Lynx swash from HeliDirect as I need to get back flying quickly.
Maybe I got a bad one metal quality wise. Sounds like other people are finding the metal quality soft too.

I would stay away from this swash brand and go another route.

Sean
I am also in canada and feel your pain but have you tried rotorquest? They are fast and great to deal with. If I make an order before friday I get the parts the next day in the mail or I can arrange for pick up if needed.

Also try the MH swash i have them on both my nanos and have never had a problem. Onlything I do it make sure the balls are tight before I install it.

IMO this is the only upgrade the nano needs ( other then maybe a BL kit or better skids)
Old 06-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey VooDoo,
Thanks for the heads up on RotorQuest. I was not aware of a Canadian heli store that can get aftermarket upgrades. Speed counts in the middle of flying season!

I did check the balls before installation and they were tight. I guess its a metal quality issue. The rest of my RKH bling has worked well on other birds and outperformed the plastic stock parts.

On a post on Run Ryder a guy stated a quality set of main bearings toned down the "wobble" some Nanos have, mine included. With a set of abec 5 ceramic bearings from Bocca and a fully oringed top end (with RKH swash/head/grips) 90% of the wobble is gone.

Now if only I could find a slightly stiffer set of oring dampers for the head. Tried my orange silcone orings but the inside diameter is too big.

I have progressed as a pilot more on the Nano is 3 months than 2 years on a sim.
What a blast to fly!
Sean
Bushtripper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in