Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Multiplex FunCopter

Multiplex FunCopter Multiplex FunCopter Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Going to buy one...quick questions first

Hi all,
New to this forum but not new to heli's...I've owned more than I care to say, most flew me not the other way around. Anyway I plan to order the ARF from my LHS tomorrow, I was wondering if I should order a few extra parts along with the Heli? Which parts should I have extra? Any advice would be welcome. Also will a E-Flite G110 Gyro be enough to hold the tail? not looking for perfection just a solid feeling tail that I can control.
Any other advice that you may have would be great, I'm very excited to own this machine, looks like it's perfect for my type of flying.

Thanks in advance
70 Mach 1
70 Mach 1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the G110 is going to be a little light, a gy401 knockoff or a gy401 will be better.

I don't think the telebee will hold either.

if you're flying in cold, I see you're in MN, then get some main blades, tail blades because they get a little brittle in cold.

also get a gear set.

other than that, it's pretty sollid.

I have broken the following:
boom - 2x
flybar 1x
swash 2x
rotor head 1x
main shaft 1x
teeter 1x

granted most of the damage came from a single crash
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't waste your time with the G110. I did that and am now waiting for something better to arrive on the next slow boat from china, in this case a $12 HK401B.

The G110 would only hold if I used the outer hole on the t/r servo horn and I cranked up the gain to 125% (100% gain with 125% gyro "travel") on a DX6i. The problem with this is the servo can now drive into the hard stops of the pitch slider, which may knock the collet loose and leave you without tail rotor control.

xspare is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 Mach 1 View Post
Hi all,
New to this forum but not new to heli's...I've owned more than I care to say, most flew me not the other way around. Anyway I plan to order the ARF from my LHS tomorrow, I was wondering if I should order a few extra parts along with the Heli? Which parts should I have extra? Any advice would be welcome. Also will a E-Flite G110 Gyro be enough to hold the tail? not looking for perfection just a solid feeling tail that I can control.
Any other advice that you may have would be great, I'm very excited to own this machine, looks like it's perfect for my type of flying.

Thanks in advance
70 Mach 1
I think you should also consider the RR version (rx ready). This comes with a pretty good set of electronics already installed. Later, you upgrade the tail servo to a digital Hitec HSG 5084 and it will hold your tail a little better. But the stock one will be fine to start out with imho.

If you still want to start off with the Arf version then you will need a better gyro than your old Eflite one. A fut401 works very well, but a bit expensive (~$130). Also you'll need 3x Hitec HS-81 servos (or 2xhs81's and a hsg5084 on the tail) and a +40 amp speed controller (the hobyking 60amp plush esc works pretty well). Depends how much of these you already have, but I think if you add it all up, you'll find that the RR version is pretty good value.

Also, like ATC says, get an extra pack of gearset spares. I've only managed to strip one of these in a crash because I did not cut the throttle soon enough. This is the only item I managed to break so far.

I also suggest adding ~ a 1" extension (nothing fancy, plastic, ply, or CF will all do) to the vertical tail fin. This will help keep the tail blades out of the dirt/grass and reduce the risk of striping the tail gear, or breaking a tail blade.

Use a lighter 3s-2650 mahr pack (instead of their recommended 3s 3000-3200 packs). Together with training gear (I use 2x6mm 700mm long wooden dowels with plastic golf practice balls on the ends, nytied to the landing gear) these will give you ~10min of hover practise.

Lastly, use the threaded pitch links, not the fixed-length ones that are already installed. You'll find you can track the blades better with these and this will help reduce vibration and thus also improve the tail response as well.

Most important; Have fun with this heli. That's why it's called the Funcopter lol!

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey everyone! Sorry it took so long to reply, thanks for all the information, you all are very helpful. I ended up buying the kit from my LHS (Thanks Jeremy @ Sky Hobby) Love this Bird! While I was there I picked up a used JR G500T Gyro...seems to work pretty good, one thing I noticed is how nice this thing flies and how quiet it is, it is so much easier to fly than the CP 450's I've owned, the tail isn't as tight as the other's but I didn't expect it would be being it's a FP. Being in Minnesota it's pretty cold right now so I have to stick to just a little flying in a crowded warehouse and my garage..I did take it outside and ran a pack through it but then I whimped out from the cold (8 degrees) if we get some warm days I will take it out some more but my first impressions are very good on this machine, this is a keeper. thanks again!
70 Mach 1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which FC to buy.

I've decided to buy a FC, but being fairly new to the hobby I'm a little confused by the different variables or options that are offered. Can somebody please explain the differences between the RR and the Heli Kit models? I would like to be able to just open-and-fly without having to do to much to it.

Thanks!
Macymastiff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

on the RR (ready to run) version you will need:
transmitter
receiver
battery

on the ARF (almost ready to fly) version you will need:
(3) servos (2 for cyclic 1 for tail)
gyro
esc
transmitter
receiver
battery

my advise, get the ARF, in my opinion the RR components are not very good.

servos: (3) HS82mg
gyro gy240, gy401, hk250 or the hk 401 clone (hk - hobbyking)
esc - hk blue 40a
battery 2200mah to 3000mah 3s or 2200mah 4s 25c for either one

mods/tips are here on my site
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive been looking to get a FC to set up for FPV. I am an experienced heli builder and pilot, so thats not a problem. What i cant seem to figure out is why it appears the v2 is only available as RR, but Has a better motor. I would rather get the ARF kit and choose my own electronics, but i want the more powerful motor because of the extra weight i will he adding with FPV gear. Looks like my only option is to get the kit and buy the motor upgrade, but then im not liking the total price. Anyone have suggestions? Im thinking my hest bet is to keep my eyes peeled for a used one to offset the extra 50$ ill have to spend to get the better motor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse spelling and/or grammar issues. My thumbs are huge from all this RC flying.
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@corrosionate sent you a pm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in