Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default N640 comparison

I accidentally came across the n640 and wanted to see how it compares to some of the other helis out there. Has anyone flown other brands in the same class. I have searched around on the forums and can't seem to find a lot of info. Currently I fly raptor's and have a gaui nx4 on the way. I would really like to hear some thoughts on the n640 compared to others. Pros and cons. The n640 seems to be priced really well.
joallen001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anybody? Surely someone has flown this and say a trex 700 or Thunder Tiger x4?
Old 11-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have owned and or flown all kinds of machines and different brands. I started the hobby 10 years ago with a Kyosho Nexus, moved up to a JR Vigor, then Century predator (still have it), an Align 600N, all kinds of electrics...honestly I have lost count...and I have helped friends with their machines, anything from the Aurora, Align 700N, down to the trex450. They all have the ups and downs.

Honestly, un biased (I would not recommend if I did not like it), I believe the N640 sets the new standard.

First impressions on the build were great, and after some time on the heli, I have fallen in love with it. It has pretty much become my primary machine I grab first when I go flying...which says a lot since I have flown mainly 90's for the last 8 years.

The heli is still being broken in, but based on my experiences with other century products, I expect to have this one in the air for the long term with little to no maintenance. The drive and tail on it is stronger then what is on the 90. The head and tail components have been in use and have been proven for many years.

So far this machine has been maintenance free. I have had more trouble with the motors then the heli!

See the posts I made in the following thread for more detail. I love this machine! Depending on my xmas bonus I may pick up its electric brother.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=460349
Furious Predator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are the 9252's holding up well on the cyclic? Any others you would recommend?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

In this video, we're using Savox SC-1252MG servos.
Century Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, on the century mufflers. There are two options on the silent power mufflers. They appear to be different sizes and one has a muffler extension with it. Which one is recommended n640. CN3038A and CN3038B
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have used both styles.

Power from what I observed appears to be about the same, but the smaller one is lighter. So if you want to keep weight down, I would personally choose the smaller one.

So far the 9252's are holding out great, no complaints. Great performance...better then expected to be honest. I thought at the beginning I would use them just to get going and change them later on, but I have not felt this need.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the comments. Any other items I should pick up from heli-world for the n640? Seeing as everything is on sale!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am using 640mm main blades, that is with an OS55. If you run a 50 motor I would recommend 610/620 main blades at the most. It will still run ok on 640's, but you can be a little more aggressive on the collective with shorter blades.

95mm tail blades with well for it.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Picked up one yesterday. Heli-world had 40% off. I am not sure if the sale is still on. Wouldn't hurt to call and see if anyone is interested. Great deal I couldn't pass up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in