Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #2021 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by plight View Post
Do these videos apply to the trex 450 Sport? Is SE the same heli as a Sport?

It's close enough for things like frames, serovs, tail, etc. Use the 450 Pro for head and other stuff that is common to that.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #2022 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
It's close enough for things like frames, serovs, tail, etc. Use the 450 Pro for head and other stuff that is common to that.

Bob
Sorry to bother you again with this question, but I just need to be sure it's ok for the esc to be set at 6.0volts even though my servo is rated for 4.8v. It's a futaba 9257. I'm pretty sure you had said you had done that and never had an issue, without using a step down. I really don't need the speed as I am just a scale flier at this point
Thanks
Doug
helinut2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #2023 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Early on when that servo came out some people reported issues at 6V. However the majority of folks I know are running that servo on a "regulated" 6V on 450's and 500's including myself. The early issues may have been something else at that time.

Bob
Old 04-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #2024 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks
sd0606204 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #2025 (permalink)
Registered Users

A BIG THX for your Instructions from Germany!
DerSandman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 03:37 AM   #2026 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi finless, sorry to bother you. may I know the tutorial for esc setup. I am a newbie here and thus require help. thanks
frenchfry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #2027 (permalink)
Registered Users

welcome aboard frenchfry
Bob has an entire page set-up for everything you would ever want to know about building and setting up a 450, 500, 250 or many other heli's. Here is a link to the 450

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373
helinut2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #2028 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pitch and throttle points reversed?

Hi Bob,

As many people have said before, your videos are great for setting up a heli correctly. I have struggled in the past and let other people do most of the setup on my heli's. I have not had any heli's for the last couple of years and just bought a second-hand T-Rex 450 GF with some alu upgrades and I am now checking the heli with the help of your videos.

I just went through your Pitch/Throttle video and was trying to setup my radio but something strange is going on. I have a Futaba Field Force 9 (T9CP Super). Mode 2.

My Pitch and Throttle Points are reversed, so at low throttle the graph starts at point 5, at full throttle/pitch it is at point 1.

Other settings:
Aileron Normal
Elevator Normal
Throttle Normal
Pitch Reversed

Swash AFR

AIL +50%
ELE +50%
Pitch-50%

The swash plate reacts correctly to all inputs.

Did I do something wrong?
MadDuc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #2029 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi pilot's! Can I download all of this videos on other sites (maybe torrent's)? It is not good downloading speed from helifreak.com

Last edited by Alchi; 05-18-2010 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: spellcheck
Alchi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #2030 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchi View Post
Hi pilot's! Can I download all of this videos on other sites (maybe torrent's)? It is not good downloading speed from helifreak.com
Pretty much no... it's never going to be great where you're at. I usually save the videos and watch them later.
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #2031 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks !
yesil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #2032 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks so much Bob,for your time,effort and willingness to help, I have seen a lot of stuff on the internet for help in setting up T-Rex models and clones etc. but your work has been done so well, the guessing is gone.

Thankyou!

Matt
HKUSER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #2033 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks
toroscu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #2034 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thank you very much !

Those videos are great, that's the help I was looking for.
Thank you very much for you time and clear explanation.
Sao Paulo - Brazil
win8ca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #2035 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok, i know this has probably been asked before. but ive looked and couldnt really find my exact set of circumstances. anyways...

stock 450sev2 with s9650 and 401 on the tail. switches on gyro are all set right, delay to 0, and limit is set appropriately. trim and subtrim on rudder at 0. any mixing is off. gyro gain is +50 in hh and -70 in normal, but i never fly in normal. i plug in the battery, let the gyro initialize, but when i get it in the air, i cannot stop the nose from drifting to the right. if i increase the gain, the nose drift slows and almost stops at around 70-75 or so, but the heli headshakes severely with any rudder input. on the bench, in hh mode at +50 gain, the tail holds at full deflection when in input right or left rudder. the servo horn is as close to centered as i could get, and the ball is as close to the output shaft as i could get. is there a reccomended distance to mount the ball away from the shaft?

anything im missing here?

thanks

rob
guitarherowanab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #2036 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still finding these videos useful and a nice refresher when reviving my trex. Thanks Finless.
inode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2010, 07:17 AM   #2037 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by inode View Post
Still finding these videos useful and a nice refresher when reviving my trex. Thanks Finless.
Same here, just went thru reprograming my esc. Again, another thanks, Andy
Old 09-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #2038 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob,
This is my first ever CP heli, although I had tried FP mini heli a few years ago. only got to hover and side in hover. Then stopped after I burnt the tail rotor motor esc thru sheer stupidity.

Recently got the heli itch again so ordered the CopterX 450SE, not knowing what I was getting myself into!

When I opened the box, and saw the heli was not fully assembled (thought that was what being 95% (or 97%) assembled as advertised on the sales site meant) ... and I was sitting there wondering where do I begin?

Then I saw some references to Finless Bob Videos which are supposed to help us learn all about building and setting up a heli.

When I found your vids, man, did I find your vids! They answered almost every question I had about building and setting up my heli!

Thanks a million.

I am sure if I follow your vids faithfully, my heli will fly as good as everyone says his does. I am a bit of a slow builder, and have yet to finish building the heli.

I play your vid on my pc and build at the same time. When your video says "do this", I put the vid on pause, do it and then restart the vid for the next step. It is almost as good as having you right here in my room, guiding me along. Your vids are very clear and concise, picture quality is excellent, making it easy to understand, even though I had never built a CP heli before.

I am slowly reading this thread all the way from post #1 and am now on page46.
I am learning a lot just by reading answers to questions being asked.
DL8698 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #2039 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have only read up to page 48 and am slowly reading everything.

Was just wondering where I can find the video for the Futaba 7 setup. I have a Futaba 9 CAP, which I understand sets up similar to the Futaba 7. On Page 1 I find the Futaba 9z, but the screen menu looks quite different from the Futaba 9.

Apologies if this question have been asked beyond page 48.
DL8698 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #2040 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

On the link called Heli skills and setup 101 I have some of the early 450 setup vids using a 7C. Servo setup CCPM setup #1 and #2 for instance.

Also see my 10C videos as the screens there are very much like the 9C (more than like the 7C).

Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in