Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 4G3 Constant CW Yaw

Yeah this seems to be the opposite problem then everybody else has been having
It's like my tail motor is working too good. Tried adjusting the gyro mixing on both the controller and on the RX, plus my rudder trim all the way to the left and still it wants to spin CW. I even tried upping the throttle curves to increase head speed a bit bit still nothing. I got one of the earlier models with the wk-2601 TX. Any idea why my Tail would be running in apparent over drive
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

The mix screw on the RX isn't for the gyro, it is what adjusts the ratio of power going to each motor.
The easiest way to find the minimum setting for the tail, is to power up with the main motor unplugged, then increase throttle until the tail just starts to spin. Then turn the mix pot anti-clockwise slowly, and the tail will begin to slow down. Keep turning the screw, and when the tail suddenly speeds up, you have just passed the minimum setting and gone to maximum, so turn it back a fraction.

I've adjusted pots on these 4 in 1s several times with the helis powered up, but I've always used the plastic screwdriver that comes in the box with the heli.

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 07:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
Hi,

The mix screw on the RX isn't for the gyro, it is what adjusts the ratio of power going to each motor.
The easiest way to find the minimum setting for the tail, is to power up with the main motor unplugged, then increase throttle until the tail just starts to spin. Then turn the mix pot anti-clockwise slowly, and the tail will begin to slow down. Keep turning the screw, and when the tail suddenly speeds up, you have just passed the minimum setting and gone to maximum, so turn it back a fraction.

I've adjusted pots on these 4 in 1s several times with the helis powered up, but I've always used the plastic screwdriver that comes in the box with the heli.

Dusty
Would this apply to the RX2423 that's on my 180D?
Correy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks Dusty. I'll try that today and see if I can get it adjusted properly
Old 06-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correy View Post
Would this apply to the RX2423 that's on my 180D?
Do you mean can you adjust the 'sensitive' and 'extent' pots while the heli is powered up? If so, yes you can adjust the extent pot and see the effect it has. You can even adjust it while you hold the cyclic stick in any direction and see it's effect on the cyclic servos as you turn the pot.

I'm not so sure about the 'sensitive' pot. While you can probably adjust it with the heli powered up, I don't know if the heli will have to re-initialise or not before the change takes effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkaos View Post
Thanks Dusty. I'll try that today and see if I can get it adjusted properly
Best of luck

Dusty
Old 06-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah tried that today...it seems that there is something wrong with the RX since no matter how much I turned the mix pot the tail rotor neither sped up or slowed down...perhaps that is the problem
Old 06-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was the tail spinning as slowly as possible without actually stopping, while you made the adjustment?

Dusty
Old 06-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The tail never actually ran slowly seemed to go from stop to fast and nothing in between. Let me try again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in