Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
The point of focused "stress" in the power delivery system to the tail, is at the point where the TT has to be "sped-up" from the lower speed of the main gear. So you have in most designs the larger main gear trying to drive and "speed-up" a smaller TT front drive gear. And sure enough, that's quite often where tail drive gears strip...at the interface between the main gear and the TT front drive gear.
Interesting. I wonder if they considered using a second motor/ESC combo for the tail drive the way the Maxi Joker 3 DD does.

Daniel
dswitkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswitkin View Post
Interesting. I wonder if they considered using a second motor/ESC combo for the tail drive the way the Maxi Joker 3 DD does.

Daniel
Just like my Honey Bee FP! And the mCP x!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing's for sure, atleast they gave us decent photo's to drool over for 5 month's lol Seem's like for awhile there were no photo's of the fusion 50.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think this heli would do best with 750 size main blades. 800 kind of looses any agility. And 12s setups almost overpower 700s. I am not sure if they make 750s but I would imagine this being the ideal for 3d setup.
johnpotter82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone notice on Mikado's website the little picture in the top right corner of the logo 600 sitting next to the XXtreme?
Old 03-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep

It's big, that's for sure. It's definitely a "break from the norm" (-:

Speaking of the size impression when you first fly it, here's a quote I pulled off one of my e-mails from a German Team Mikado member, (mis-spelled English and weird sentence structure reflecting his broken English and all), describing to me his first time flying the heli.

"Its ohhhhhhhh, wouw! Man what a heli. Never flown such a big heli so dynamically and powerful like this one." And, "It needs some time to get used to it, the power system is stunnigly effective" And, "So be prepared, to get the shock "

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
Yep

It's big, that's for sure. It's definitely a "break from the norm" (-:

Speaking of the size impression when you first fly it, here's a quote I pulled off one of my e-mails from a German Team Mikado member, (mis-spelled English and weird sentence structure reflecting his broken English and all), describing to me his first time flying the heli.

"Its ohhhhhhhh, wouw! Man what a heli. Never flown such a big heli so dynamically and powerful like this one." And, "It needs some time to get used to it, the power system is stunnigly effective" And, "So be prepared, to get the shock "

(-: Dave

I mean, it's big, but compared to the Faifa, Trex700e, Avant's .90's, I think it will come close in size, but more so tall, to me, the logo 600 in the corner picture on there website need's be be bigger to really tell the difference, it looks tall.

I figured there would be more excitement over this chopper than this. I'll be honest, I want one pretty bad. Just playing the waiting game. Any word on a price of this helicopter?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No price, no date nothing since presentation... nice to hear that at least there was someone flying it. Hopefully we'll see it in the air soon. Waiting is always the hardest part...
-Klaus
Old 03-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where is the german papparatzi? Someone hide in the bushes of the mikado field!
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I figured there would be more excitement over this chopper than this. I'll be honest, I want one pretty bad. Just playing the waiting game. Any word on a price of this helicopter?
There is a lot of exitment for this heli. It's just that all that excitement has been spread over a long time, no one has seen the completed heli and the potential sales base seems to be dwindling as the potential cost of ownership hits home for some.

Lots of love, by a few, for an extended period of time = less love per minute
Jays200 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in