Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo Xxtreme - Set-up

I want to set up my Logo Xxtreme as below but not sure which Cyclic n Rudder servos would be best suited...?
I prefer to use Futaba or JR Servos.

Kosmik 160HV ESC
5.1V Cyclic n Rudder (not HV set-up)
Fut. 12FGH, Tx/Rx FASST 2.4g
Edge 753 FBL Main Blades (I see Kyle is using them now, presume for more Agility)
Scorpion HK 5035-380 XXtreme edition
VStabi "Blueline" 5.2 Pro Edition

Thank you...
Eric O. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
TdB
Registered Users

Cyclic servo's at 5.1 V too?
JR 8917 HV (can be run at lower voltage, better gears than 8717)
JR 8900G

Tim
Old 04-04-2012, 03:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You do want to give hundreds of euros extra out on a Kosmik, but why do you save maybe 150 bucks by not going with HV servos wich are much stronger and better suited for the XXtreme?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Specially since Kosmik can do HV out of the BEC directly.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Go with Futaba BLS157HV for cyclic and BLS256HV for tail, using the HV output on the Kosmic.
heli21 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thanks

Its not that im trying to save money on Servos... Its just I want to run a clean set-up without any additional reciever battery. Thats good advice about the better HV servo gears n just run them at 5.1V.
Yes I want to run cyclic, rudder n power my reciever all straight from the Kosmik ESC. R the suggested servos still valid...? As an indicator, what sort of Torque n Speed should I b targeting for the Cyclic n Rudder servos...?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The suggestions so far on this thread about servos is all good, so I'll pass on offering redundant information.

You said you plan on running 753mm blades, as Kyle ran them sometimes in 2011. That's both a good thing and a bad thing. But understand the smaller disc is not the answer to all things.

Here goes another one of my long explanations

The smaller disc jumps the disc loading up pretty good, and you've got to really know you like a higher disc loaded heli for the combo to work for you. Kyle used the combo for competition purposes (like at 3D Masters), where the flights by the rules are short.

But in order for the smaller disc to perform well, you're got to increase both the head speed and the collective range, both of which eat significantly into your flight time. The music and freestyle rounds at the 3D Masters are a max of three minutes, and Kyle used most of a 5100 mah pack in those three minutes. The smaller disc is kind-of on the fringe of where you want to be with such a large heli.

Kyle is back to running the 813mm disc, and quite frankly, the 813mm disc offers the best blend of disc loading, performance and flight times. The XXtreme's size and weight of being an 800 class heli, prevents it from being as "quick" as a smaller 600 or 700 class, and going with the 753mm blades won't make that happen either. The heli is somewhat more agile with the smaller disc, but in the end, the positives hardly out weigh the negatives.

Here's a recent video (just a few weeks ago at the Rotor Live show in Germany...flights were restricted to 3 minutes), of Kyle flying the XXtreme using the stock 813mm blades, 1800 head speed, and +/- 12 degrees of collective. It's a great flying machine, has plenty of performance, but it will never be (and was never intended to be), comparable to a smaller, lighter, high head speed hot 700 class machine, even if you want to install 753mm blades and accept the shorter flight times.

Rotor live 2012 - Kyle Dahl Freestyle Contest SemiFinal - Logo XXtreme (3 min 58 sec)

Hope this helps with your decision about the smaller or larger disc. I say stick with the 813's.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I'm running 813 blades on my Xxtreme. One thing I'm realising on the Xxtreme is it won't change directions no way as good as say for instance the Logo 600. I thought about changing the blades out for a set of 753's but to be honest I'll stick with the 813's for the time being. I'm learning as the flights go on that this machine has huge benefits to its size and mannerisms with this setup as discribed by Dave above. Controls, stops and planted-ness is second to none

For info I'm running a set of MKS 950 on the cyclics and MKS 980 on the tail. All running at 8v from a HBEC. It's a great setup

Cheers

Mattie
Geegar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default thanks again

Really appreciate the info.
I'm sold on d Servos and at HV.
Will stick wt 813 blades, tks Dave.
So from what I read, ill need a Fut. Fasst SBus receiver to handle th HV so I don't need a step-down or separate receiver bat...???
Is that right...
Tks
Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

@Mattie, werent those the HBL's? I have the HBL980 for my xx's tail too.

Problem with HV servos is they will give crap performance when used under anything but 6v.
Kosmik bec has option for HV output.. why not use it together with a nice set of HV, it surely will be better than HV's or non HV's on 5.1volt....
Old 04-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

Yes they are the HBL980 and HBL950 HV servo's
Geegar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fut. Fasst Rx on HV

I'll do that... run the servos on HV out of the Kosmik to get the performance.
Still not sure abt d Rx in HV... has anyone used Fut. Fasst Rx on HV straight out of their ESC without step-down or separate Receiver pack...?
Tks
Old 04-05-2012, 04:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric O. View Post
I'll do that... run the servos on HV out of the Kosmik to get the performance.
Still not sure abt d Rx in HV... has anyone used Fut. Fasst Rx on HV straight out of their ESC without step-down or separate Receiver pack...?
Tks
Yes haven't had or heardnof any problems.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, 6203SB is rated to 8.4V, and I think all of the other SB receivers are rated to same.

I'm using a WR BEC set to 7.4V with no stepdowns anywhere. VBar, 6203SB, 157's, 256 all run on the 7.4V and work really well.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo Xxtreme - Battery Size - mAh

I like to run my Helis really light for the punchy feel but also the float. ie my Logo 600, 12s set-up, I series 2x 2650mAh 45C bats, 600 Blades at 2200 hs - total flight weight is 3.37kg. I only fly for 4.10min. (still register 3.78v per cell after flight)
What would b the smallest 7S Bats in terms of mAh and C that would give me a safe 4.10min on the Xxtreme.
This is a recent clip of a flight I did... Not really hard or soft 3D..
Mr Smooth Flying Mikado in Tampines Singapore (4 min 31 sec)

Thanks guys.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I would go with Thunder Power 7s 5000mAh, they are the lightest out of the 7s 5000 (as far as I know) and I can get just about 4 minutes of 3D out of them.

The XXtreme already fly's really really light, I would not want to make it any lighter.

Rob
heli21 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ Eric O.

I watched the vid of your flying, and you've got a very fluid style, with not much hard collective pumping going on. Lots of skill on presentation, and very smooth.

Now as stated, the XXtreme feels pretty light on the disc even with 5000mah class packs. I have a set of TP4400's that make the heli even lighter, but there's not a whole bunch of difference in how the machine flies using either pack. On such a large machine, the weigh difference between the two packs just kind-of gets lost in the overall picture.

Based on seeing your fluid and smooth flying style, I'd say you can get the same level of performance using 1600 head speed on the XXtreme...which sounds slow I know. But things like head speed and performance with the larger machine doesn't translate over from previous experiences with smaller helis.

At any rate, you'll get 4:10 minutes no problem with the way you're flying, probably much more, especially if you are happy with the performance you'll get @ 1600.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thank u all so much...

I really appreciate all the valuable information u have given me and the time you have taken to explain the technical aspects to correct me n put me on the right path.
Looking forward to flying with the set-up as per your guidance.
Regards Eric
Old 06-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric O. View Post
I want to set up my Logo Xxtreme as below but not sure which Cyclic n Rudder servos would be best suited...?
I prefer to use Futaba or JR Servos.

Kosmik 160HV ESC
5.1V Cyclic n Rudder (not HV set-up)
Fut. 12FGH, Tx/Rx FASST 2.4g
Edge 753 FBL Main Blades (I see Kyle is using them now, presume for more Agility)
Scorpion HK 5035-380 XXtreme edition
VStabi "Blueline" 5.2 Pro Edition

Thank you...
Hi Guys,

I'm really keen to get one of these awesome looking machines but coming from nitro it will be my first big electric heli and wondered if you might be able to answer a couple of 'novice electric' questions please. I have searched everywhere so my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

I'm of a different opinion to Eric and happy to go with a 2s lipo flight pack and will definitely go for HV servos (either the recommended Savox or the BLS157HV).

My questions are;
With a flight pack/HV servos is there still a need for a BEC?
I'm thinking just satellites off the V Bar so no need for a dedicated Rx. How do I get power from the flight pack to the V Bar?
And does anyone have a wiring diagram to suit as I can't find one anywhere online.

Thanks in advance guys. Can't wait to get underway!
macpass is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

You can find the wiring diagram in this link.

http://shop.mikado-heli.de/LOGO-800-...&c=6211&p=6211

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in