Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #781 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califlyer818 View Post
Here is the video of the 808 key chain camera as promised enjoy!
looks like the dirt was too close a few times.
easier to deal with the cam mounted that way?
Scammer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #782 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpad View Post
Please tell us more - is the vibration constant at all RPM? The main gear and one-way bearing (OWB) relationship requires a little fiddling as it is easy to get the bearing crooked and cause the gear to wobble real bad, too.

Tell us a little more and we can help.
It is shaking the most just after i crack the throttle. Once it gets going a little. It will actually shake the whole heli violently for a second until more throttle is applied. After reading some, i have found that you should recess the main gear holes, and not over tighten the shaft bolt, etc. Seems to help but the shake at the beginning of spool up is still there.
Fast-Pitch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #783 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine has some too. If I spool in Normal it isn't bad, but if I spool in IU, it actually hops once. Crazy. I believe the hop has more to do with the way the ESC feeds power when spooling in IU than vibration caused by main gear wobble. Perhaps I should try another ESC....

Nevertheless, there is indeed some transient vibration present in these helis that seems be acceptable long-term...provided you've accomplished the recommended steps to reduce it.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #784 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scammer View Post
looks like the dirt was too close a few times.
easier to deal with the cam mounted that way?
Yes it sure was, the cam is easier to access. Tape comes right down the middle of the cam which separates both the keys and where the micro sd inserts in such a way that I can have easy access to both.
Califlyer818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #785 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well said screw it, ditched the training gear and decided lets go foward flight. Been using the mcpx extensivly, and its paid off!! Flew two awesome packs through the heli, had mostly just did tail in hoving now im flying around doin circuts Ect....having fun... What a blast!!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #786 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went through 8 packs back to back today for a total of about 45 minutes flight time.

Was doing some FFF, circuts, stall turns, piros, two loops and attempted some figure 8s... I have trouble keeping my forward momentum through the turns, I need to work on that.

Oddly enough I find forward flight to be much easier than hovering... I'm always a bit unstable when coming into a hover but I'm very smooth at circuts.
Inrover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #787 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default reprogrammed my FBL Beastx ar7200bx and wow!!

WOw what a difference now iam a nooob so this is new territory for me.lol

but it flips alot quicker and easier .. i love it.. guess iam getting better.. thats a good thing.. now i will crash harder....) better not.. .. ok it happens actually the reprogram was caused by a crash so worked out better sorta..lol

posting vid from my pro 450 not the sporty

Last edited by Indydrt; 05-16-2012 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: woops wrong thread...nevermind:)
Indydrt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #788 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did the maiden flight of my B450 45 minutes ago. I had enough after 2 minutes and landed. I then flew a second battery and had enough at 4 minutes and landed. Two successful flights and two successful landings. I now have a grand total of 6 minutes and 5 seconds of experience in this class of helicopter including two flights totaling 5 seconds and two less than successful landings in the B400.

This was my first CP experience beyond the mCPx. I felt like everything happened in slow motion and the closest thing I can think of to the B450 experience is driving my (former) 1996 Ford Taurus or my parent's 1970 Ford Ranch Wagon after the 100,000 mile point when everything underneath was good and loose and you could move the controls a lot before much happened.

I thank the person on helifreak that sold me his used B450 in December 2011. It took me this long to maiden it. I am smiling from ear to ear and celebrated with a cold beer. My two batteries are already charged for tomorrow.

I did not change a thing from downloaded DX8 settings or with the helicopter. I checked for damage, security of the bolts, checked for correct direction, checked for no binding, checked all servo throws, and checked for a level swash and went flying. I just eye balled everything. I've watched many setup videos.

I want to get a bunch more successful flights and landings without damage and then work on improving the setup of the helicopter.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #789 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Went through 12 packs, awesome day for flying. Sunny skies, 70 degrees , 3mph winds
All went well and came back in one piece.

Had to laugh, about 5 packs in a couple of big mean lookin bikers road up behind me and started watching. When i started doing some 3d and inverted hovering, they sounded like a couple little kids. WHAT? how the heck? Did you see that?!?!then started laughing, and "do it again" was pretty fun, and they had a good time watching too, trying to figure out how in the world it could hover upside down. After, sat around and BS'd with them for a while, and showed them how it worked. Was a good time.

Oh and installed my fusuno tail fins

Last edited by gixster; 05-16-2012 at 07:16 PM..
gixster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #790 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This morning I had 4 batteries all charged up and ready to go. All is going great until there is 10 seconds left on the timer of the last flight when I am cutting the grass inverted and the grass snatches my heli up.
The damage wasn't too bad. Took out the tail boom, feathering shaft and all three servo gears. The only thing I don't already have are the servo gears but I have decided to upgrade to metal geared servos. Every time the blades touch the ground all three servo gears strip. It is worse for me since I am running FBL.
I have decided to go with the Solar D654 servos from hobbypartz.com. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Also when it crashed the blade had a boom strike. It looks pretty cool!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #791 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ehhh weird day today.

So went to a new park with my buddy to fly his 7oo and 600 ..how nice ehh,
I get ready to fly the 450 sport with fbl and I forget to ck the gyro switch on my dx8
For some reason,,and the new pitch curve that aim not really used to yet and liftoff was way quick and spinning
Out of control and not time to even think about throttle hold and wam bam .. Second mainsaft this week..,lol. Boom I bent back from saturday crash..then I fly the 450 pro with three close calls. .i said forget today. Just one of those days. ..did somepOne make one of those signs yet that says" a bad day flying is better than being at work". Or something like that ..lol.
Plus the overcast grey day it was and drizzling ..ehh next time
Old 05-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #792 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I got my B450 put back together after my incident. Other than stripping all my servos I just needed a new tail boom, blades and a feathering shaft. I did a very brief test hover and everything was running smooth and seemed normal.

I ordered three of the Solar D654 servos from hobbypartz so when those get here I will put them in and give them a review.

Here is a picture of the boom strike when it crashed. It's scary how much damage even a 450 can do. Plus I was running fiberglass blades and a relatively low headspeed. I was cutting the grass inverted and it got sucked in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2165.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	317464  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #793 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought an Align 500e fuselage. Put most of it together lastnight and did a hovertest... I like it I know it's a "3d" but I really like the scale look. I may have to pick up another 450 3d[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Champy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #794 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks really good!

How does it fly?
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #795 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is very nice. Not the power horse it was but I like the scale fuselage
I may look into the 440 motor upgrade from E-Flite and some larger mah lipos for a longer run time. Stunt mode really drains the lipos quick... maybe 5mins on a TP 2250 65c. I'll get a video soon... a better one than what I have now
Champy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #796 (permalink)
Registered Users

How was it to install? It looks really good.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #797 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed a new blaze canopy and black landing gear. I think the red and black color scheme looks nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	250 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	78
Size:	505.3 KB
ID:	317729  

Last edited by HRPuffnstuff; 05-18-2012 at 07:44 PM..
HRPuffnstuff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #798 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No pics?!?
I believe that violates forum rules!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #799 (permalink)
Registered Users

That fueslage looks really clean How does it handle inverted?
Califlyer818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #800 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered an X.
Soundlzrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in