Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #561 (permalink)
Registered Users

while that is why i made the video so that someone can look at the FM and see if all the options are set correct! and Thanks
knight2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #562 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro Flymentor

I have Flymentor installed on a CopterX 450 with Turnigy 9X tx is working well.
Few as the gyro to catch the tail has to Trimar the rudder to 72 right in tx.
What adjustment to be made in flymentor to reset the trim on tx?
rstelecon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #563 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flymentor kds goes up and down by itself

Dear Ivor
Many thanks for the great instructions which worked in all but one aspect on my first set up.
AC heli hovers great except it keeps rising and falling about four feet with no input from me.
Do you have any ideas?
Nabs1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #564 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstelecon View Post
I have Flymentor installed on a CopterX 450 with Turnigy 9X tx is working well.
Few as the gyro to catch the tail has to Trimar the rudder to 72 right in tx.
What adjustment to be made in flymentor to reset the trim on tx?
The simple answer is tail servo neutral under the servo tab, it will trim the servo in the same way as the TX does and is the correct way to do it.
But that is a lot of trim so you have not set the tail up correctly.
You need to set the tail mechanically so that with 0 trim the tail is in the position it was in with 72 trim.
Note the position the tail slider then set the trim on your TX to 0, then adjust the position of the tail by sliding the servo along the boom until it is in the position it was in when you were using 72 trim.
Then set tail servo travel under the tail gyro page so that it does not bind against the boom at full stick, if you do not do this you will damage the servo.
If you follow these instruction then you will only need to use a small amount of trim to hold the tail. Hope that helps.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #565 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs1 View Post
Dear Ivor
Many thanks for the great instructions which worked in all but one aspect on my first set up.
AC heli hovers great except it keeps rising and falling about four feet with no input from me.
Do you have any ideas?
FM has no control over throttle or pitch. Off the top of my head I would guess the problem is the ESC not holding a constant speed.
If you are able to hover without the aid of FM then switch it off to see if the problem is still there or not.
If you would like my Tel number just ask and I will PM it. I am assuming you are in the UK.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #566 (permalink)
Registered Users

followed you guide and it works awesome thanks!!!

have some fine tuning only a couple clicks of trim, 3 on elevator and a couple on the rutter, other than that it's good!

might mess with the balance gain a little, but i had it out, and a big gust of wind came at it's side and all it did was gain a little altitude
rigor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #567 (permalink)
Registered Users

ivor i have a question on tightening up the stick response it seems i have to move the stick almost half way on aleron, to get a response, maybe not that far...
is their a way to adjust that to make my inputs come in earlier?

elevator seems about right

thanks justin

blade 500 3d

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #568 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Trex 600 esp with Flymentor ?

Dear Ivor,

Thanks a lot for your infos about FM. Now I want to ask you, I have Trex 600 esp with FM. My radio is KDS K 7X II and there is no 3 position switch on that radio. I can use 7th ch. for shifting the mods for FM. Position 1.(green led) and 2.(green + red led) is this ok. I thing, I can't close the FM. My servos, 3 Align DS610 for swash and GP750 gyro with DS620 servo.
You know the servos are digital but I thing the FM not good with those servos. At last what will you say about trimming from radio for servos (swash). Thank you from now.
leo450 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #569 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default issue with my KDS flymentor

Hi, guys.

I am thankful for all the info you posted about FM.

I did all the connections as told in the first thread, but it goes mad when I connect the power.

Also I have the good and old TH9x, I set it Heli 1.

I put a small video about my problem.

I really hope someone can give me any help.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
ColdHearted7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #570 (permalink)
Registered Users

got in 6 hovers, 1 with some forward flight! with circles the first 3 flights sucked it was getting to many vibes and it was all over the place ... i was a nervous wreck! almost crashed it on the 3rd flight.. confidence at an all time low...
so i seen one of my isolators was tipping the gyro, (ear plug) lol so i pulled it out, and that was it!
i flew it around no problems, it was solid as a rock, and even got in a few half hearted circles and my confidence went way up it was also very windy today.

my align pu kit hope it works as good as the ear plugs, also put a piece of steel under the gyro to give it some weight, to not be so susceptible to the vibes.. the fm gyro,it is very light...

only adjustment i made was 54 on the balance gain and the obvious things all my servo centers in fm are 0

when i set up the gyro it was on one piece of sticky foam, and could not git it off the ground, and ordered the pu, then a buddy shadow recommended the ear plugs, but i didn't think it would work, that is what all the tape is about, i just stuck more on then, 2 ear plugs then, sticky tape, thin on both sides of the steel, and squished it together and it worked lol

best would be thin sticky tape under the earplugs lol

Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #571 (permalink)
Registered Users

hah figured it out lol
Old 09-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #572 (permalink)
Registered Users

well its over for me, lawn dart
Old 09-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #573 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
ivor i have a question on tightening up the stick response it seems i have to move the stick almost half way on aleron, to get a response, maybe not that far...
is their a way to adjust that to make my inputs come in earlier?

elevator seems about right

thanks justin

blade 500 3d

[IMG][/IMG]
Are you sure you do not have aileron expo set on your TX.
If all settings except balancer gain is set at default settings the system works like this in flight.
Elevator gain is set at 7 that means it is 70% of aileron gain because less gain is needed on elevator. Adjustable on the advance page but not normally adjusted.
When the stick is centred FM is using the full amount of balancer gain that you have
set on the advance page. If you move the stick aileron, elevator or both the gains starts reducing and at about 30% stick gain is at 0. At this point FM is off until you start to move the stick in the other direction. Again this is adjustable on the advance page ( stick override ) but again this is not normally adjusted.
On the bench stick/servo travel should as it was before fitting FM. There is nothing in the software that would reduce travel around centre stick but there is in the TX. expo.
Hope that gives you some idea of what may be causing your problem don't forget to check TX expo.

Last edited by Ivor Hill; 09-01-2013 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: added more
Old 09-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #574 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
well its over for me, lawn dart
Sorry to hear that. It may not have been the reason for your crash but the mount is to flexible the gyro will lag behind if the heli changes direction quickly.
If you use a mount that is so flexible you need to pull it down a bit with some tape or something to stop the gyro from moving around.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #575 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo450 View Post
Dear Ivor,

Thanks a lot for your infos about FM. Now I want to ask you, I have Trex 600 esp with FM. My radio is KDS K 7X II and there is no 3 position switch on that radio. I can use 7th ch. for shifting the mods for FM. Position 1.(green led) and 2.(green + red led) is this ok. I thing, I can't close the FM. My servos, 3 Align DS610 for swash and GP750 gyro with DS620 servo.
You know the servos are digital but I thing the FM not good with those servos. At last what will you say about trimming from radio for servos (swash). Thank you from now.
You can select any 2 of the 3 modes with a 2 way switch. This is done by adjusting the values of end points ( travels ) on the channel you are using this is also where you set the gain values. A zero value is FM off, a + value is FM in position mode and a - value is FM is balance mode So if you hold the stick one way and set a value of + 50 gain would be 50 and FM would be in position mode. if you reduce the value to 0 then FM would be off.
Hold the stick the other way and set the value at 50 and gain will be set at - 50 gain and FM will be in balance mode, reduce the gain to 0 and FM will be off. So you can set any 2 of the 3 settings. Hope that is clear.
But first you should set up adjust and test fly using the software settings with the blue wire disconnected.
Only a small amount of TX trim should be used. The swash should be set by using the servo neutrals in the Helibal or hand held controller.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #576 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdHearted7 View Post
Hi, guys.

I am thankful for all the info you posted about FM.

I did all the connections as told in the first thread, but it goes mad when I connect the power.

Also I have the good and old TH9x, I set it Heli 1.

I put a small video about my problem.

I really hope someone can give me any help.
Sorry but the video tells me little. The best advice I can give you is to disconnect FM and check that the heli works ok without it, if it does then start again. Be sure that it is wired correctly. The FM LED should be flashing green.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #577 (permalink)
Registered Users

i crashed it last week well set it down and contacted a pipe destroying the blades, so i replaced the blades and installed the flymentor,

due to my inexperience the main shaft was bent unknown to me...

so anyway that is probably y i had to go to great lengths to get the flymentor happy in the vibes department, so learned a valuable lesson

after a fupa

pull all shafts and check them for true save you the trouble, mine was bent bad, not visible until removed

got all the parts ordered, it was only a 110 bucks, it was the 3 batteries i bought that ran the bill up

if i would've had more elevator correction, it might of been ok, in the gain.

so ill have to look into that, ill post a vid of the movement i have as of now which isn't much good on aleron id say elevator is 10%

carnage vid
main shaft is bent

Old 09-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #578 (permalink)
Registered Users

delete please

Last edited by rigor; 09-02-2013 at 09:52 AM..
Old 09-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #579 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is a vid of how much correction it does, elevator i would like a little more, but don't know what to change, thanks justin

ok so i took pics of all my set up pages in order

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

tail gyro gain is controlled by tx,
is their something i can change, when i give it pitch/trottle, the tail kicks to the left i have the gyro gain as hi as i can go, before i get tail wag?
i noticed the advanced settings for the gyro in the heliball, but im a noob if i slowly give it pitch it stays but if i give it 3 deg at once it blows the tail out, about 40 deg any ideas

i have a spectrum dx6i, new model selected only changes were made to the pitch curve, and throttle curve, and gyro gain. no expos...

Last edited by rigor; 09-01-2013 at 10:13 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #580 (permalink)
Registered Users

That FM is doing little or nothing. Is the blue wire connected ?. Are you sure the gyro plug is connected the right way around ?. There is little or no movement when you tip the heli but you have reduced the balancer gain to 54 this will make it worst, put it back to 70. What colour is the FM LED ?.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in