Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam

Beam Beam Helicopters Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default losing my mind

Hello Beamland. I hope you can help me.I have two issues with my Beam. I think i solved one of it.Which was my tail. I was really not happy with original tail parts.I replaced it with Tarot (trex 450) tail case and all parts. I left only blade grips and blades. The reason i changed it because pitch slider was leaving kinda burn mark on the shaft and it never moved smooth.Tail pitch lever also was like a spring and i had to leave the bolt loose enough to keep move smooth. Second issue is my Head vibration tha comming up always between 15 - 18 % of throttle.Then its going away and everything seems running well. I hope vedeo will help. Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards Crow. oops can`t upload the video. I will try to do it later.
Crow_00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Crow,

I share your pain with the E4 tail. It took me over a month to diagnose a bad tilt due to vibrations originating from the tail. I rebuilt the tail using new and donated Beam parts but I too bought the Tarot tail primarily as a back up. Stevemech warns that the Beam tail shafts are much better and suggests they be used with the Tarot tail. I also bought the Microheli tail pitch slider and it is wonderful. I will replace most Beam stock parts with upgrades next time a rebuild is needed.

As for your head, what dampeners are you using? A lot of us here have replaced the stock Beam O rings with head dampeners from Align or Trublood Engineering. I use the TE red ones and my head is rock solid and vibration free.
Gaui 200 V2 FBL 3GX (in process), Gaui X2 FBL BeastX, Align Trex 450 Pro 3GX, MSH Mini Protos MSH Brain , MA Furion 450 w/Beam FBL Head Mini Vbar (in process), Beam E4 V2 FBL Mini Vbar, 130X, nano CP X, 300X

Last edited by Carthagenj; 10-20-2012 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: Typos
Carthagenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello Carthagenj.Thank you for reaply.I will try the beam shaft but at the moment my tail is looking good. The only thing i battle is the little drift and rocking from side to side. Adding more or reduce the gain seems not helping. i guess i have fine tune up pitch rod. It crossed my mind about the dampeners. At the moment i am using the stock ones and i will use your sugestion and try other ones. On my Trex i used trublood dampeners and it was a good improvement.The vibration comes only when i put the main blades on. Without blades it looks and sounds fine to me ( i am still learning about all of this) I still have trouble to upload the video i will try to do it as soon as i can. Thanks again. Regards Crow.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am of the opinion that there will always be drift with our helis. I gave up trying to achieve perfection after I realized that I was spending way too much time building at the expense of flight time. I am now committed to spending more time in the air than on the bench!
Gaui 200 V2 FBL 3GX (in process), Gaui X2 FBL BeastX, Align Trex 450 Pro 3GX, MSH Mini Protos MSH Brain , MA Furion 450 w/Beam FBL Head Mini Vbar (in process), Beam E4 V2 FBL Mini Vbar, 130X, nano CP X, 300X
Carthagenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Totally agree.Lately i am spending alot of time at the bench and kinda start to forget how it feels like to take off. :-).
Old 10-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_00 View Post
Hello Carthagenj.Thank you for reaply.I will try the beam shaft but at the moment my tail is looking good. The only thing i battle is the little drift and rocking from side to side. Adding more or reduce the gain seems not helping. i guess i have fine tune up pitch rod. It crossed my mind about the dampeners. At the moment i am using the stock ones and i will use your sugestion and try other ones. On my Trex i used trublood dampeners and it was a good improvement.The vibration comes only when i put the main blades on. Without blades it looks and sounds fine to me ( i am still learning about all of this) I still have trouble to upload the video i will try to do it as soon as i can. Thanks again. Regards Crow.
What servo arm length are you using on the tail servo,it should be 8mm or less, that could be your problem.Try moving the link to 8mm, reset tail travel and turn the gain up a little.
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthagenj View Post
A lot of us here have replaced the stock Beam O rings with head dampeners from Align or Trublood Engineering. I use the TE red ones and my head is rock solid and vibration free.
Do you have links to these?

Thanx!
SurfCity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello guys. Thanks for reaply. I will check that settings. But that vibrations on the head still there. Only in one occasion i spooled her up and in the first two times there was no vibration and then it returned on next two. I have no idea what is happening.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Maybe your feathering shaft is slightly bent or your blades need balancing?
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi. I checked the servo length on tail servo and it is beween 7-8mm. At the moment i am using align DS-420. The Futaba-S9257 is 8mm maybe i will put that one on and check it again. I have checked averything on the heli many times got sick of taking it appart. I ballanced the blades and use a second pair of blades as well and the same affect. I made couple of tail pictures on the first picture will show ho the belt touches tail case and the second i filed a bit off from the top and the bottom (but only top on the picture) and the video of the head vibes maybe it will give more ideas of what is happening because my kettle is boiling LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9876.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	364166   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9878.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	364167  
Old 11-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have no idea why but it doesn`t let me to upload the video i will try again later. Sorry guys.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys! Finaly i uploaded the video. I hope it will help for you to see the problem. Thanks alot.
Attached Files
File Type: mov MOV00076(1).mov (2.01 MB, 98 views)
Old 11-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I held the throttle a bit longer on 19% of it so you could see the problem better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in