Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Sands View Post
No problem dude! Anything I can do to share the happiness I felt when I finally fixed it
So here's what I did on this fine Sunday concerning the 3GX and my 450.
After examining where the ball links were at on the cyclic, I found that the alerion links were on the third hole (12.5mm exactly) from the inside of the servo arm, and the links were at 90. I found that the Elev link was on wrong, so I moved it to the second hole also. I left the 3gx pots at 10 oclock, re-setup the gyro, and took it out. It was ALOT better but was still a bit jumpy in a hover, but not as bad as it was.
So I moved all three balls in one more hole, so now they are abut 9.95mm out from the inside of the servo arm. I re-leveled the swash, resetup the 3gx, and now it flys really well. No more wobble on hard stops, and it seems to correct itslelf a bit better.

Thanx for all the help...
jcwing123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I raised my elev. and ail. flip/roll rates 15 points to 65 and it made a huge difference. I still think it's slower than the stock settings on v2.1, but better. I will likely go to 70 or 75.

My collective seems really slow also. When trying to do fast flips and rolls. I find myself making wide vs. tight flips. I really had to be attentive to the position of the heli, because my muscle memory was geared with the 2.1 setup. It does seem to fly smoother, but I definitely need a faster collective. Not sure what setting to adjust for this in 3gx, other than collective pitch acceleration. If that's it what's a good starting point to try and match the 2.1 setup?

If I shut off the cyclic ring, will that modify any flight characteristics?

Has anyone tried adjusting the flight condition setting?

I also found my right rudder to be slower than left. It says I can increase the anti-torque compensation. However, my 3gx is mounted upside down and it says normal in the software, but flies ok. If I change this, will it make my heli uncontrollable if it's wrong?
richord is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear jcwing!

Richord: if it's mounted upside down and says normal next to that setting in the software, then it's already adding more rudder feel to the wrong direction. In the software, just change that dropdown next to the setting to reverse (it might say upside down, cant remember)

then go fly it. If it still doesn't feel like enough right rudder, then start increasing it
Old 05-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. Thanks. I will give it a shot. Hopefully that fixes the little bit of tail wag I get once and a while. I have my HH gain on aux 2 set to 52. I'm using a DX7 w/sat. only and I believe if I go under 50 on the gain in the TX it will default to rate mode.

Do you use any collective acceleration?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's the same as the DX8, than -100-0 is rate mode, and above zero to 00 is HH

A super easy way to tell is put your gain at like 30. The LED on top of the 3gx turns red when it's in rate mode. So just lower t until it turns red, then you'll know that's when it switches over to rate mode. Wags during forward flight are too high a gain 90% of the time. wag during hover can be rudder locking gain too high, or a faster wag during hover can be your tail linkage is too stiff and not moving freely

I don't use any of the acceleration settings, they're the huge power draw options and I'm not using an external BEC. Flies great without it. Collective being "slow" could mean you didn't set up very much collective pitch range during DIR setup. When doing dir setup, did you make sure to set up 12 degrees (or more if desired) collective and 8 degrees of cyclic?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If it's the same as the DX8, than -100-0 is rate mode, and above zero to 00 is HH

A super easy way to tell is put your gain at like 30. The LED on top of the 3gx turns red when it's in rate mode. So just lower t until it turns red, then you'll know that's when it switches over to rate mode. Wags during forward flight are too high a gain 90% of the time. wag during hover can be rudder locking gain too high, or a faster wag during hover can be your tail linkage is too stiff and not moving freely

I don't use any of the acceleration settings, they're the huge power draw options and I'm not using an external BEC. Flies great without it. Collective being "slow" could mean you didn't set up very much collective pitch range during DIR setup. When doing dir setup, did you make sure to set up 12 degrees (or more if desired) collective and 8 degrees of cyclic?
Yes. I have 13 degrees collective and 8 cyclic. It's pretty much the same as what it was with v2.1. I just double checked it and cycled through the setup because it was still good.

I still have the cyclic ring on. But that wouldn't restrict the collective, right?

After looking through the 3gx software, the one thing I did not do is setup the throttle/governor with v3.1. This may be why my collective seems a little sluggish. I will try this tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

definitely do that. Make sure to not have throttle hold on, and have linear throttle and pitch curve when doing it. (so unplug your motor)

I would also turn off cyclic ring, and be sure to check outside of DIR mode that it doesn't bind when giving it max sticks
Old 05-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
definitely do that. Make sure to not have throttle hold on, and have linear throttle and pitch curve when doing it. (so unplug your motor)

I would also turn off cyclic ring, and be sure to check outside of DIR mode that it doesn't bind when giving it max sticks
I have not removed the cyclic ring yet. Will have to give it a shot. I have my flips and rolls going pretty good now. Still not as fast as 2.1 but maybe that's a good thing. I still have some room to increase it if I choose.

Pitch up/down still seems a little sluggish but not bad. I don't see the tendency as of yet to tilt back as it did in v2.1. That is the great news...

The only thing I can't seem to do yet is get the tail to lock in rock solid. Pitch pumps seem to move the tail about 5 degrees (nose goes left) when going from a hover to max. throttle/pitch. More gain on the gyro helps but then adds more wag when doing a full speed pyro and coming to a quick stop. Didn't notice the issue in v2.1.

I'm learning tic-tocs and this seems to be problematic when going back and forth a few times.

I will have to try that setting in the software to compensate I guess.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

for the tail yawing on pitch pumps, in the software increase tail collective precomp. i had to increase it quite a bit to get it to stop doing that
Old 05-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
for the tail yawing on pitch pumps, in the software increase tail collective precomp. i had to increase it quite a bit to get it to stop doing that
This seemed to help.

Got my roll rates going good, but I still need to get my pitch to move faster...

Does the flight condition control option adjust collective only or cyclic and collective response?

I noticed that there is a Rudder locking gain adjustment that is separate from the actual gain for the rudder that's adjusted in the TX. The description states that it makes the heli fly straighter but too high a value will make the tail oscillate during hovering.

Now my tail doesn't oscillate during a hover, but I still have that bounce when I piro and stop.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in