Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default This NOOB is finally ready and wating...

So I picked up a new 300x from my LHS for a good price days after it was discontinued. I am currently learning slow hovering piros on my nano cpx and am awaiting a laptop to run realflight on so the learning cuve is still quite steep for me. IN THE MEAN TIME, I was able to play with the 300x by addressing common issues. Lynx frame stiffener, Scorpion 2208-24 with a 12t pinion, Align DS425m on the tail, zip ties on the skids , the BeastX remounted with the grey tape (I opted for stock position, looks better to me and happier with the CG), and got the tail blades balanced (that took longer than I expected). NOW if the snow in western PA would go away,,, who am I kidding I just want it to stop. I guess I will just have to stare at it and keep at my Nano....
TheBBW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I'm waiting for winter to break as well.

It's been way too long. It should be in the 30's by mid-week, so I'll be flying for sure!!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pittsburgh has been uncovered!!! The snow is gone. Charged up a battery yesterday. Had everything set up as every indicator told me to set things up (this included changing the value on the F menu, which I rechecked several times). Outside I went in to my side yard. My goal was a simple one, get it airborne. As I spooled up, the spinning began, spin, spin, spin.. SHUT IT OFF, back inside. Checked everything against Bob Lund's videos. Back outside FOR MORE SPINNING, This time a skid got caught on something costing me the wooden blades and a blade grip. There was muttering and grumbling for the rest of the night.
Fixed everything, put my carbon blades on, and for yucks and giggle I changed the F menu so that the leading edge of the tail blade went the same way as the tail. You guessed it. Beautiful hover. Now I can get on with REALLY breaking some parts ( I mean flying the heli )
Matthew
Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Way to go Matt,
Im a total NOBB as well, I LOVE my 300x, & have about 20 flights, hovering and up,dwn sides and back, I've got up to about 50 ft but have yet to turn her around (SCARED TO) I have only had MINOR crashes, Just little things, blage grips and such, I did break a main shaft so I got a Lynx shaft, Also installed a Lynx OWB and just flew 3 batts with it, It's really smoothe. If you dont have one, GET ONEYou wont be sorry. I also got a 500 3D which I also have about 10 flights on her doing the same stuff, NO CRASHES with her yet (WHY DID I SAY THAT) It's so true that the bigger birds are actually easier to fly since theres more weight and there very stable. Iv'e learned so much since Oct when I started this heli thing. Like I reported in another post After 4 months and not knowing SQUAT the other day I found mysely with a laptop hooked up to a GRYO and a progranibg card connected to an ESC, And actually knew what I was doing, and thats totaly because of ALL the Freaks here that have helped me so much.

Maby I will try a turn around next month

EDIT: HEY, Everyone move here to Texas, we can pretty much FLY all year long
Old 02-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Food-wrap your FBL controller and snow-fly it! Just make sure to blow any remaining water off and re-lube all bearings afterwards.
My Blade 300X Flight #1440 Snow Flying with P2632 12T (4 min 20 sec)
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hanging my head, I feel shame
Old 02-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
Food-wrap your FBL controller and snow-fly it! Just make sure to blow any remaining water off and re-lube all bearings afterwards.
My Blade 300X Flight #1440 Snow Flying with P2632 12T - YouTube
You're a trip! Who else would come up with that idea. However, I have to pass. After 15 years, I'm too acclimated to Georgia's warm weather. I'm not used to the Winter in Bavaria anymore. I'm currently waiting for the winds to calm down. Temperatures are acceptable at the moment.
DX9, DX6i, Blade Nano CP X, ZYX "Blade" 130X, Blade 180 CFX, Blade 230S, Blade 300X, Blade 450 3D (about 2 b FBL; have the parts, not the time), Blade 180QX, Blade 230S V2, Convergence, Mini Convergence.
Neunerball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBBW View Post
Hanging my head, I feel shame
What he said! Think I`ll put all my helis back in the box and go watch TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by franknsled; 02-25-2014 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: Deep, soul numbing embarassment!!!!
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in