Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > X400 and MX400

X400 and MX400 Ark X400 and HeliMax MX400 Helicopters Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default looking for the best bang for the buck

so what's the difference between the t rex, and the mx 400, or mx 450? i assume the t rex, and the mx 450 are about the same animal. witch is realy the better heli? price of parts, quality, flying, and such. i'm leaning towards the mx400 due to the price. how much wind will they all fly in? that's important to me. the wind has been picking up in recent years. i don't have access to a gym, or other large area to fly in. i just bought a used hirobo shuttle plus, but want a e heli also. i currently am flying a blade cx2. nice toy witch is teaching me tail control, and radio control. that's why i bought it.

i'll probably be getting a blade cp pro, but i'm not realy impresed with e flites radio gear. too much like toy grade.

any and all input would be greatly appreciated.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

get the 400...it is easy to setup and is really a good heli to learn on..

I personally prefer the mx450xs over the 400 but for a first collective heli the 400 is probably the way to go..but if you feel comfortable I would suggest the 450xs..

as far as parts: some of the trex parts are compatible, but the helimax parts are available through tower at reasonable prices...

I would not waste your time with the blade cp...
darkside212 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

ya i've been debating on the cp pro since i got my cx2. i was 100% anti it for awhile till this upgrade showed it's face. there is a upgrade for the cp pro that makes it fly 100% better. you get super skids http://www.super-skids.com/ move the swash plate links to hole 2, and drill the hole to the proper size. add flat bottom after market blades, and the cp pro flies 100% better.

i like the 450, but if i'm going to spend $250 i may as well get a t rex
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah I think the CP is good for someone who wants plug and play....
I've flown them all and I HATE tail motor driven tails :p
Old 02-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I own an MX 450 XS. Almost ready to spin up. The only draw back is the phillips style screws. Which I replaced with the Align frame bag ones (2 needed). Watch for my review in upcoming days.
AMA #913061
"No you can't fly it"
Steeltoes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2007, 07:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

The T-Rex is all name...
All of the current mainstream heli's use the same technology and most of the parts come from the same factories in China.
One advantage to T-rex is LHS support although I'll not spend another $ at my LHS.

The Heli-max MX series shares many parts with the T-rex, "upgrades" can be done using T-Rex parts.

Quote:
By shaggybirdman:
NY Rebel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Rebel
The T-Rex is all name...
All of the current mainstream heli's use the same technology and most of the parts come from the same factories in China.
One advantage to T-rex is LHS support although I'll not spend another $ at my LHS.

The Heli-max MX series shares many parts with the T-rex, "upgrades" can be done using T-Rex parts.

Quote:
By shaggybirdman:
what did your lhs do to you?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

It was a great shop, then it changed ownership and the new owner acts like he's doing you a favor just by being there.
If there's one thing I won't tolerate from a vendor, it's arrogance. I'll carry my business somewhere else.
I grew up in a VERY rural town in the south, where the closest shop was over 30 miles away and they were happy to see you walk in the door.
In today's world, the next closest store is only a few keystrokes away.

Quote:
By shaggybirdman:

what did your lhs do to you?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

that would piss me off also, and i would do the same.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

shaggybirdman,
So... have you decided which you're going to go with yet?
I currently own a mx400 (not pro). I was considering upgrading to eCCPM and some CNC parts. But now, with the cost of the upgrades being over $160, I'm looking at getting the MX450 and having the two heli's. Of coarse, I'll have to figure in another set of flight electronics if I go that route... decisions, decisions...
Old 02-19-2007, 11:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Rebel
shaggybirdman,
So... have you decided which you're going to go with yet?
I currently own a mx400 (not pro). I was considering upgrading to eCCPM and some CNC parts. But now, with the cost of the upgrades being over $160, I'm looking at getting the MX450 and having the two heli's. Of coarse, I'll have to figure in another set of flight electronics if I go that route... decisions, decisions...
well i haven't totally decided. i have 2 options on a 450, but worse case scenario i'll be getting a 400. a 400 pro is like $245 minus $50 having a hobby shop get it for ya, so it would be $195. at least that's what my lhs tells me anyhow.

same here decisions, decisions...

i need a new mother board, and chip also, so i gotta weigh things carefully. just toasted a transistor on my 6xh. gotta get that fixed also, so i can't even get my hirobo shuttle off the ground.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

shaggybirdman,
Good luck with which ever you decide to get. I don't think you would be wrong with either choice.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

it will be my first... ummmm second single rotor heli. witchever gets in the air first. lol if i get the 450 i gotta get a new radio. my 6xh isn't ccmp, but i'll be getting either a dx7, or the new futaba 2.4 ghz radio in the near future. it seems thet there is only 2" differance in size between the 2 of them. not sure how much more wind the 450 will take over the 400, but i'm sure i'll be happy with either. my friend is getting a blade cp pro against my better judgment, but hey it's his money, and if/when he masters it he will be able to fly anything out there.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

haha..
both helis will handle the wind...

The main difference with the two helis is the cyclic response is much faster in the 450..
you can tame it down by limiting your throws in the swash arf settings...

and yeah I love my LHS but it is about 50 miles away ....they are always glad to see me (and other customers) I usually spend more time talking with the guys than I do shopping :p
Old 02-20-2007, 08:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside212
haha..
both helis will handle the wind...

The main difference with the two helis is the cyclic response is much faster in the 450..
you can tame it down by limiting your throws in the swash arf settings...

and yeah I love my LHS but it is about 50 miles away ....they are always glad to see me (and other customers) I usually spend more time talking with the guys than I do shopping :p
That's the kind of LHS I miss... The one that is there because they also love the hobby and not in just for the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggybirdman
if i get the 450 i gotta get a new radio. my 6xh isn't ccmp, but i'll be getting either a dx7, or the new futaba 2.4 ghz radio in the near future.
Radio expense is a consideration
I was fortunate and found a "Multiplex Cockpit MM" for cheap (I know it's old radio tech, but hey...it gets the job done) It has the latest software upgrades that enabled me to set up both eCCPM and mCCPM so I can fly multiple heli configurations with it.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think your biggest investment should be your Tx
Old 02-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'm just curious if the dx7 is realy better than the soon to release futaba 2.5 ghz radio.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would wait to see

Honestly for me there is only one decision 9C or better :p
Old 02-27-2007, 03:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i found the best bang for the buck.

Item number: 300084740751 on evil bay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in