Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Futaba Radios

2.4G Futaba Radios Futaba 2.4G Radio Help and support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

With all the arguments going on at one of the flying field I fly at, with guys arguing and complaining about other radios voice alerts talking at the same time, I feel really good about using an earbud with my 14SG.

JMO,
-Doug
dvelez3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

LifeCycle, you can set a vibration and tone just as you mentioned. For the speaker I use a small rechargeable iphone speaker, and clip it to the handle. I can't speak to the question about t/s-fhss other than I've got no problems with it. Range is not an issue at all. I've seen a video of s-fhss getting to 3000 meters on an fpv flight... I take that with a grain of salt. There are not too many at my field that fly futaba so I don't worry about that either, but I'm sure it will be fine even with a few others flying. I've never come across a "s-fhss is bad" thread.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plug in your earphone but only put in/on/over one ear. You can still easily hear your machine and the voice comes through just fine in the one ear and you don't have to interfere with anybody else.

-Barry
bdfox1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone hear of a firm ware update yet? I know its new but I really wish I could inhibit the throttle hold pitch curve. I prefer to not use a hold curve and use the curve of whichever flight mode I'm in. (Normal or idle1 etc)

Last edited by Hexperience; 05-19-2014 at 10:59 PM..
Hexperience is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Anyone hear of a firm ware update yet? I know its new but I really wish I could inhibit the throttle hold pitch curve. I prefer to not use a hold curve and use the curve of whichever flight mode I'm in. (Normal or idle1 etc)
Page 137 of the manual shows how to inhibit the pitch curves, even for throttle hold. Hope it helps.

Lynx Heli Innovations Team Pilot | Southwest PR RC Crew
ericcolon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, but it doesn't seem to actually inhibit the hold curve. Try it and see if it works for you.?
Whether it's set to inh or not it takes effect in hold.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah... so it does "inhibit" the hold curve but it only makes it a straight -100 to +100 curve. It doesn't use whatever the current curve is. I sent an email to Futaba support, but never heard anything back.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 10j

I have the 10j. Fits nice in my hands.im a thumb flyer. Programing is easy.and i really like the little joystick to search thru the menu alot more than the one on the 14sg.hated how the 14sg menus turned on when i was flying when my palm grazed over it. Sfhss seems fast and connected...only thing is the vibration is only for low tx battery alarm. Wish it was for the timer too. Im hoping its fixed in a firmware update. And maybe some voice for radio functions not just telemetry
iheliflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need to program in your curve for throttle hold.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want to have the pitch curve be the same as the flight mode I'm in. So if I'm in normal mode and hit TH the curve stays normal, if I'm in idle 1 it uses the idle 1 curve. If I'm just spooling up in normal and hit TH with the pitch curve set to inhibit it instantly goes from a couple of degrees of negative pitch to full negative pitch. All I want is when the TH is set to inhibit that is doesn't do anything to the curve.

Sent from my Note3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2014, 03:20 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
I just bought a Futaba 10J and was wondering if the stock Futaba charger is intelligent to charge the NI-MH 6V 1800mA stock battery?
There is a green led on the charger when charging the Tx battery, does the charger automatically stop charging and the green light off?

Thank's
Mini VBAR, KST BLS915 HV cyclic, BLS905X HV tail
isidore16 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

No. I believe all wall wart chargers that come with any Futaba systems are dumb chargers. No lights will go off when charging is done. You have to keep track of the approximate time it has been charging.
R/C junkie for the past 25 years and counting...
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 01:40 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank's Kingmeow.
I don't understand why Futaba includes NI-MH (or Life) batteries in their radio and provides an old and unapropriate charger.
Best way I think is to not use this dumb charger and charge my Tx battery with my own multicharger.
Mini VBAR, KST BLS915 HV cyclic, BLS905X HV tail
isidore16 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by isidore16 View Post
Best way I think is to not use this dumb charger and charge my Tx battery with my own multicharger.
Correct! I'm not sure with the modern radios (I have an 8FGS that I switched to lipo) but the older ones that I have, the included charger is set at the C/10 charging rate. So in theory you can keep that thing connected charging for days and it won't really harm the NiMH or Nicads.

Check the output of the charger to see if this is the case. My old Futabas use 500 mAh nicads for the Tx and the charger puts out 50 mA. That's a C/10 rate.

Since it is charging at such a low rate there's no need to include a more sophisticated (e.g, more cost) peak detection charger.

I would see if you can convert your J to lipo and then use your normal flight pack charger. But, put a piece of tape over the charger hole in the Tx in case someone plugs the regular charger in and you have a lipo in the unit. I know you will know that but your friends may not.
R/C junkie for the past 25 years and counting...
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still don't understand why everyone want to put different batteries in this radio. I guess that's why they made it so you could. I ONLY use AA's, get approximately 15hrs TX time with a set and always keep a spare 8-pack (in case someone else needs some too) in my TX case.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:47 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use a lipo in mine, faster charging, lasts longer and puts out 7v on the trainer jack which I use with external modules.

But yes I have to open the battery compartment to charge.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What lipo are you using?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Blue Thunder 700 RCHN #365
G500,E5 12s,600np dfc, t500 dfc beater
Jackass1277 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gens ace 2s 4000 tx pack. But I did have to make a small cut in the case for it to fit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in