Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default just got my new fury 55

hi guys i just got a fury 55 i just got back into this hobby i left it when i was 18 now i'm 23 this will be my second build i only built a trex 450 the rest my dad did it...but since i'm getting older and becoming a aircraft maintenance tech in college my questions are this

will the build be easier for a novice builder like me?
what type of engine should i have?
what type of muffler should i get?
what type of gyro and servos?
freakadeek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is from the fury 55 manuel
http://www.miniatureaircraftusa.com/manuals/fury55manual2.pdf
Quote:
Other required components:

The X-Cell Fury 55 is an airframe kit. To complete the model, several other items are required but are not
included with the kit. There are many choices for these other required components, and any competent hobby
retailer with R/C helicopter experience will be happy to make suggestions. You will need:
1. Engine, “50” size (there are various sizes available that are considered “50” size, all will work in the
Fury 55.
2. Helicopter style muffler suited to the engine you choose.
3. Cyclic servos (Miniature Aircraft USA recommends high quality cyclic servos with no less than
80 oz. in. of torque).
4. Throttle servo (Miniature Aircraft USA recommends a high quality ball bearing servo)
5. Main rotor blades of 600-620mm in length.
6. R/C helicopter transmitter with at least 6 channels, and eCCPM capabilities.
7. R/C helicopter gyro (Miniature Aircraft USA recommends a “heading hold style gyro).
8. R/C helicopter starting and fueling equipment.
9. R/C helicopter engine governor (optional).

The fury 55 is easy to bliid, just follow the manuel, and maybe take a look at some of the building videos on MA's homwpage

http://www.miniatureaircraftusa.com/...=100&Itemid=77

Engine;
Well i think any 50 or 55 engine will do the job.
If you buy a novarossi you need some other engine side frames
http://www.heliwholesaler.com/128-28...nfo/MA128-28N/

I use the OS55 and the Funtech B320 muffler - runs great
Other uses the YS56 with hatori, outrage or others (i cant comment on that since i haven't tried it)

Servos
Well I use 8717 but many other servos will also do the job. ex. Futaba bls451, Align etc.
I use CSM gyro with Futaba BLS251. But again; there is alot of other gyro that will do the job.
Maybe choose a gyro that others in your Club is using, then it is easier to get help.
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy for ya...
keep us posted on the build & good luck.

aerosmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the only thing to look out for when building is how much you clamp the boom at the block and support. If tightened to much it will crush the thin wall tube and can break in flight if you throw it around hard. Other than that I would change the spindle to the 'one piece' design. The old C-Clip design is a PITA.

OS55 is an easy to tune egine, but leaves power to be desired if compared to a YS56.
The YS is a powerhouse for sure.

The heli is very fast and stable with Curtis Stickbangers but they auto like crap.

Servos are personal preference and what funds allow. Ive been flying a trex700N with the align servos for about 6 gallons without issues and feel pretty good.

Can't comment much on gyros, but my Fury felt excellent with a Solid-G

Balancing the fan is reccomended, but I dont really think a must..

Good luck! This is a nice smooth locked in machine.
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in