Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problem with 3gx V4 update

Hi, I have just downloaded the update, installed in my PC, reboot the PC, linked PC with 3gx, and start upgrade from V3.1 to V4. I have experience updating this controller because I updated it previously twice.

When upgrade is Finished, I turn off and then turn on the 3gx and... it do not boot.

The 3gx system do not starts. Is dead. I have not lights on in 3gx controller.

someone knows how I can do for reboot the 3gx controller?
agsaz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try these.

http://ms.align.com.tw/3g_update/3GX_Q&A.pdf

http://ms.align.com.tw/3g_update/3GX_Update_V1.pdf
Trex :- 450SE V2 retired, 250SC retired, 450 PRO fbled Airwolfed, 500 ESP fbled Airwolfed, 250DFC, 450DFC, 500DFC, 800DFC. M690l, MR25P - Futaba/Align. Blade :- 4003D retired,CX2, MQX, 350QX v3 - spektrum. 4503D, 450X - spektrum/Savox.
jimmanyk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks you for the reply. I have tried this in with two different computers but don't solves the problem. 3GX do not initializes. All leds are off.
Any other thing to try?
Regards
Old 12-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have 3GX connected to a receiver or satellite that is bound to the transmitter?
nameci is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameci View Post
Do you have 3GX connected to a receiver or satellite that is bound to the transmitter?
+1 - pulled cable,

Connection problem ?. Power, Sbus, receiver. Faulty/failed USB 3G adapter. Broken connector - plug or socket.
Trex :- 450SE V2 retired, 250SC retired, 450 PRO fbled Airwolfed, 500 ESP fbled Airwolfed, 250DFC, 450DFC, 500DFC, 800DFC. M690l, MR25P - Futaba/Align. Blade :- 4003D retired,CX2, MQX, 350QX v3 - spektrum. 4503D, 450X - spektrum/Savox.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I have not explained well. The 3GX is mounted on my heli and "ready to fly". I fly my heli normally.
I decide to revise the 3GX settings before flying. I see a new version of firmware. I decide to install it.
The update process ends normally. I get the message "Update completed" and the progress bar reaches 100%.
All 3GX LEDs are off. I find it strange. I turn off the BEC, switch on again ..... and nothing the 3GX is dead.

I know the firmware upgrade procedure perfectly. I've done it before. The heli is "ready to fly", would fly today. Everything is connected and running as usual.

The impression I have is that the upgrade procedure to version 4.0 has burned my 3GX. Beware of unnecessary updates.

Does anyone know anything else I can do?

thank you very much
Old 12-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys, this is the situation. I just revised all wires.

Align reply:

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for choosing Align products.

You can find the “3GX Q&A” in the bottom left, then press the “Problem solving for failure in 3GX update” for more introduction as below:
http://ms.align.com.tw/3g_update/3GX_Update_V1.pdf

Also you can log on to our website to get more 3GX information as below:
http://www.align.com.tw/alignhtml/3g...3gx_update.php

Thank you so much.
Best regards,

My reply:

Hi Lena. In both links i have the same solution, update to version 1.0.

It might be a good solution. My problem is that i tried it a lot of times, installing the software in three differents computers, and always have the same result.

The software try install the firmware but the result is "update failure" because the 3GX is like it were not power on. In all time, all leds are off.

The 3GX, just before the update worked perfectly, I connected it with your software to salvagurdar my setup, and just update it following their instructions and advice and no longer works. It is completely dead. Does absolutely nothing.

I need to get a solution. My full helicopter, including the 3GX has less than one year and, due an upgrade, that supposedly makes it better, no longer works.

I welcome your news. Receive a greeting

Ok, that is all.

Thanks

Last edited by Bob O; 12-21-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Old 12-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it's a either bad connection or a dead 3GX.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried to rebind the receiver to the transmitter? Is the receiver seeing the power?
Old 12-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsaz View Post
Ok, I have not explained well. The 3GX is mounted on my heli and "ready to fly". I fly my heli normally.
I decide to revise the 3GX settings before flying. I see a new version of firmware. I decide to install it.
The update process ends normally. I get the message "Update completed" and the progress bar reaches 100%.
All 3GX LEDs are off. I find it strange. I turn off the BEC, switch on again ..... and nothing the 3GX is dead.

I know the firmware upgrade procedure perfectly. I've done it before. The heli is "ready to fly", would fly today. Everything is connected and running as usual.

The impression I have is that the upgrade procedure to version 4.0 has burned my 3GX. Beware of unnecessary updates.

Does anyone know anything else I can do?

thank you very much
Did you let 3GX reset itself after the update or did you cut the power before 3GX reset itself the update?

If you did, you will need to go through the instruction that jimmanyk and Align rep gave you. Revert it back to V1 and reflash up to V4.0
Old 12-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, the 3GX do not reset itself after the update. As did nothing, all leds off, I turned it off, without it restarted.

The second part of your post I do not understand well "instruction that jimmanyk and Align rep gave you" What is jimmanyk?

I'm from Spain y my English is not too good.

I followed Align instrucctions to revert the update to V1.0, but the software said "Loading..." and "Update Failed" all times.

The 3GX do not have lights on in any time.

Please, somebody knows any solution in this case. Align did not give me another solution.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry.... jimmanyk is a user name. I am sorry.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only things it could be are :- dead/bricked 3GX, no power, no signal/s. Or combination of 2 or more.

Can you get a voltage reading on the power pins of a servo on the 3GX?. Will it power up from a 6V RX battery pack?.

Also :-

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=562247 - but not Futaba - standard receiver setup. Though possible hope!.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The power connection is from the BEC to 3GX directly and from 3GX out to the receiver. This connection is the recommended in the manual żI think?. In any case I have been flying with this configuration. The green light in the receiver means that the power arrives to 3GX , because current passes through the 3GX to the receiver, and that the receiver is bound to the transmitter. In any case, in order to reject this possibility, I will recheck all connections and I will check the power with a tester.

I will inform at the evening.

Thanks and regards.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally, all is correct. Power, connections... 3GX is dead due a update failure.

I am going to send to Align for tecnical service.

Beware with unnecessary updates and with version 4.0

Thanks for all and... Merry Christmas!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in