Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if another company made him a better offer. I hope we get the full story soon. I still hope there is a fusion 90 in the works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I SURE hope they won't stop support for the 550! That's the only two helis I have right now... and until the Fusion 90 if all goes according to plan.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
I SURE hope they won't stop support for the 550! That's the only two helis I have right now... and until the Fusion 90 if all goes according to plan.
or us lowly G5 types...
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

WHY would they stop supporting products that they SELL ? Is that not the point of the company ? to sell products it makes ?

I dont think thats a concern.

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not think Charley leaving impacts whether or not Outrage will support the existing line of products, but perhaps the reasons for which he chose to leave, however, could. Further, it's left me asking what is happening at Outrage? Obviously, Charley's reasons for leaving are his business, but it still begs the question, what's happening? The most iconic person for the company has left. Even though he wasn't the owner, to many Outrage has been synonimous with Charley Stephens.

I'm only the consumer of the product. I love my 550, and when the opportunity of a bigger EP like the Fusion was announced, I was stoked! I then got sick of waiting a year from the time the Fusion 50 was shown at Orlando last year until the recent introduction. I guess this isn't solely the domain of Outrage. How long was it the Avant eAurora was delayed?

I wish to offend no one, but I'm just not thrilled with the way things are headed until I see evidence to the contrary.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Part of the reason why the Fusion felt like it took so long to be released is because Charley always kept us in the loop as far as his designs and prototypes were concerned. Instead of simply releasing the kits when they were ready he would give us little teasers along the way.

I consider Charley a friend (and I hope he considers me one), I owe him and many others at Outrage a lot when they took an innocent and relatively inexperienced Capi on as a rep. Charley is simply too talented to not land on his feet, I won't worry about him, but I am greatly interested to see where he ends up.

Outrage has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few years, transforming from a small company (felt like a family, which is why you see such loyalty towards Charley) into a Company that is biting on the coat-tails of the big boys. Outrage will continue to grow, I have a feeling we won't see a huge change in the direction Outrage takes.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I sure do hope everyone is right, and maybe when the time is right, the big C himself will pop in to end the speculation and maybe provide some insight into the future, if he has any.

Hint.
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder which way the Compass points on this one? Just sayin'... LOL! I don't know anything!

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all, I would like to say that Charley is a good guy and I wish him the best. But just because a designer leaves a company that does not mean that the designs leave with them or that there is not other designs we have not seen yet. Although Charley has contributed alot, Outrage is more than just one man and I am sure that there is a plan for the future. As long as they keep making a quality product and the top notch customer service I will continue to support them. As for the Fusion series, I would not worry, with an April release date I would think that the kit is pretty much a done deal and at this point they are probably dotting the i's and crossing the t's.
Tone
Team Lynx
tS8103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

April?????
Fusion 50 9080/9088 Beast X
Velocity 50n 9080/9088 VbarSAB Goblin 9180/9188 Kontronik helijive Coming soon
AnTi Taco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default april???

fusion 50 is a couple of weeks away.......................u meant feb rite??????

yeah we all know he was just the designer but he was to most of us the face of outrage ,if u had a question pm charlie ,be patient and he'll answer. no wut do u do?????????

Last edited by statton1; 01-12-2011 at 03:28 PM..
statton1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Outrage will most likely revive the forums on their website and provide customer support that way.

As for the O550 and G5, they might revamp them and we might see Fusion 30 and Fusion 450 at some point. Until then, I would expect they will continue to provide us with parts as they make more money selling parts than selling kits.

I'm also sure that Pete has got enough O550 parts to support all of us for a while
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree its not going to change the quality/support of any of the finished products like Fusion 50, V90, O550.

My impression was that he was the guy behind all of the designs. Going forward it will be interesting to see what happens. My big concern is that this feels a lot like a Steve Jobs vs Apple situation. Sometimes one man can make all the difference in a company/product. I don't want to wait 5 years for the "real" Fusion 90.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sort of like Dominic said...Outrage has gone from an "underdog" small company to one of the big players in the hobby during Charley's tenure. Stunning designs of maximum performance. I am sure grateful for the awesome support I received on my 550 here. Same goes to the other reps and flyers of Outrage. I still dig the helis. I have sure enjoyed mine. I hope Outrage continues and all the best to Charlie.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

Does anybody know what Charley is doing today? Did he start his own company, maybe?
Possibly go elsewhere? His name will come up somewhere. Charley did build OutRage to where they are today.
FlyNHelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 02:00 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

^Doesn't he already own rotorworkz???

This does not really surprise me if what I've been hearing over the past couple weeks about the owners of Outrage is true. I love my 550 and I have yet to even fly it. No need for revamping it it's a great heli as is, maybe a little different canopy shape more pointy, but I think the fugly lightning bolt canopy and the odd shape is pretty iconic. (like the shape but not the colors so much).
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC

Last edited by lazor 22; 01-11-2011 at 03:32 AM..
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 03:11 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Charlie is the owner of Rotorworkz and that is how he got his start designing helicopters by making chassis conversions for the T-Rex 600E. If you look closely the Rotorworkz logo is on the Outrage frames.

I still have a T-Rex 600E with his Rotorworkz HFX Extreme conversion on it and it's one of my favorite flying helicopters. Now the Rotorworkz site has not been updated in a very long time and I have no idea if it's still alive. I got the impression once he got going at Outage RC it went to the very back burner if not dead.

My guess is Charlie has graduated to much bigger and better things than Rotorworkz since Outrage RC and will land somewhere else big soon.

As for Outrage, they need another main designer and quick. The Facebook post was saving face, it's obvious they are worried.
Solo Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 03:37 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, I love the RotorWorkz face

Old 01-11-2011, 04:28 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wouldn't it be cool if Charley founded "Phoenix" Helicopters? Frankly, I'd buy any helicopter he's involved in after Outrage. Among other parts, the man designed the most perfect tail assembly ever. I've never met the man, but I truly wish him well, no matter what happens.

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 04:39 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
Frankly, I'd buy any helicopter he's involved in after Outrage.
+1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in