Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dragonus II series manuals

THIS IS PROBABLY NOT THE SAME MANUAL THAT CURRENTLY SHIPS WITH THE DRAGONUS II N-PLUS!
direct link http://www.rcer.com/download/DIIPlus-Manual.pdf
page I found it on http://www.rcer.com/support.htm

I was doing research on the Dragonus II N-PLUS as I had crashed my MX400 2 weeks ago. It had taken me a while to find a similar manual ... so I figured I would post this link in case someone else wanted to look at a manual that should be similar ...

I still think I will buy another Heli-Max mx400 cause money is tight and I had many hours of fun with my first one.. but the Dragonus has emerged as a possible item to look at ... along with the T-Rex 450SA :-)

hope this was of help... myself, I don't even think about buying anything until I have the manual in hand and at least flip through it ... that way you can cut down on the MY (_____) WON'T FIT! or I NEED TO BUY WHAT! factor :-)

pam-mo
pam-mo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default canopy ??

Just wanted some input on wether or not to trim the side of my Dragonous canopy, what are the pros and cons of it.
DX7/AR6200
iuam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuam View Post
Just wanted some input on wether or not to trim the side of my Dragonous canopy, what are the pros and cons of it.
whatever floats your boat.
Aberdeen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Tail Hub Failure.

On the Dragonus pro, the Tail rotor grips are held in by 2mX8mm screws. I highly recommend to replace these screws with 10mm long ones.
You may have to clean up the 2m threads in the hub.
Apply blue thread locker when installing the new 2mX10mm screws.

This will greatly strengthen the shaft that extends from the aluminum hub, to lessen the chances of having the heli ejecting a blade grip.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you see the videos?
Thanks, Jay
beeryboats is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found the videos! But I still have a question. The reason I bought the Dragonus is the adjustable head. I don't see in the instructions or the video where to mount the balls on the swing arm for a novice. I can see that there are at least three different possibilities. Can anyone help this newbie?
Thanks, Jay
Old 01-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, Bob did post the link showing the set-up of the balls. Is anyone going to finish the build videos? To say Bob's videos are a life saver are an understatement!
Old 01-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #68 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Go see the Dragonus Pro Elite build videos to finish it off..

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob,
Two questions: How tight should the center ball bushing be in the swash plate? It never did move very easy. And in the process of CAing the balls on the inner race, glue migrated idown the screw holes into the ball bushing. I got it loose with acetone, but it is still stiff. I'm done with the CA! It usually dries before I get the screw in anyway!

How far should the guiding pin hang down from the main rotor hub? Should it extend below the washout base? The swash plate will come up and hit the pin.

Thanks for your help. I could never build this thing using their instructions
Jay
Old 01-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, one more question. Is it worth the money to buy the new swash plate in aluminum? Plastic is $13 alum. is $31.

Thanks, Jay
Old 01-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Becarefull with acetone and plastic,
It tends to melt and fuse plastic together.
They have special CA debonder.
The stuff I use contains nitromethane and toluene, it's made by loctite, called X-NMS part number 76830.

If your going to buy a swash, for the extra bucks, i would go metal...
IMO, i am not much of a fan, screwing balls in to plastic..

After screwing balls in the mixing arms of my 600n, and having the arms split, shortly after assembly,(never powered)... I went metal everything,..
maybe i just had a bum part, who knows.. but these helis are way to dangerous to have a part fail suddenly, without any giving notice. Atleast when you going to crash, ussually, you have time to, "take cover"...

only time i whoild use a plastic part, like servo wheels/arms and such, only if the part is through bolted, loctited.

just my IMO.....

Anthony
Old 01-02-2008, 08:03 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberdeen View Post
On the Dragonus pro, the Tail rotor grips are held in by 2mX8mm screws. I highly recommend to replace these screws with 10mm long ones.
You may have to clean up the 2m threads in the hub.
Apply blue thread locker when installing the new 2mX10mm screws.

This will greatly strengthen the shaft that extends from the aluminum hub, to lessen the chances of having the heli ejecting a blade grip.
It is even better to use the new Stainless Steel Hub. I had a tail blade pull out of the hub, luckly while I was still on the ground. When I looked at the screw, it still had the alloy thread loctited onto it. I just upgraded to the all alloy tail but replace the hub with the new one.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dennis,

Do you have the part number for that SS hub?

Anthony
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Dennis,

Do you have the part number for that SS hub?

Anthony
Hi Anthony, I got mine from Arkinnovations who are local to me in Melbourne Oz, part number is R02TP072. It is listed on the web site under upgrades.

//Dennis.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Dennis,
thank you for the Link.

big problem i have here is:

I seems RCER “forgot” to add this Part to be sold separately;
Part number # R01A012 “Flap Damper”
It the Aluminum spacer that goes on the feathering shaft between the Head and Blade Grip.

And yes I launched a tail grip,. right in to the Main blades, then measley 3mm feathering shaft SNAPPED, launching the mainblades, with the linkages still attached at about 2800 rpms. At first i thought a plastic bag hit the blades,
but after looking at the main blades you can see the tail grip hit the blades...
The whole heli is a total loss. it is cheaper to buy a new kit. KICKER is:
My carbon blades are PERFECT!

Now i see that part i mentioned above is NOT AVAILABLE SEPERATE.
only if you PURCHASE the MAIN GRIPS! They must be freaking crazy!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
Hi Anthony, I got mine from Arkinnovations who are local to me in Melbourne Oz, part number is R02TP072. It is listed on the web site under upgrades.

//Dennis.
seems like these guys have some good upgrades, any word as to when some US locations might start carrying these parts. I had a tail grip go as well but it was due to a loose screw but I am always thinking if it will happen again. Pretty scary if you are hovering in front you. How long is delivery to US with Arkinnovations?
DX7/AR6200
Old 01-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

What other upgrades do you guys recommend from Arkinnovations, I will be ordering the angled battery tray, and the SS tail hub.
DX7/AR6200
Old 01-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I called RCER in Tiawan, but we could not understand each other.,
I tried to email with pics, no responce. I tied to fax them, but for some reason the Fax number is off a number or so..
Its kind a fustrating not to be able to get a simple part after spending several thousands on a product.

I am at a point now, willing to pay someone to call RCER that can speak thier language, and explain to them, they “forgot” to add this Part to be sold separately;
Part number # R01A012 “Flap Damper", and have them send me a bag of these things..

What really got me ticked is the good old hobby shop who loves to wack my card, several g's so eagerly, and take thier sweet ass time processing my refunds. I am about ready to do an audit of how much they owe me, and "force" a refund on them.

Does anybody know if there is a USA dist for RCER? or these shops go direct?
I tried Pm'ing the so called "Rcer field rep", moosemanty, for some advice, and get no responce. lol, some rep!...

Should of stuck with Align only.. I got 2 trex 500's on the way, and it been the LONGEST 2 day delivery, EVER! hummm

Old 01-03-2008, 10:51 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I called RCER in Tiawan, but we could not understand each other.,
I tried to email with pics, no responce. I tied to fax them, but for some reason the Fax number is off a number or so..
Its kind a fustrating not to be able to get a simple part after spending several thousands on a product.

I am at a point now, willing to pay someone to call RCER that can speak thier language, and explain to them, they “forgot” to add this Part to be sold separately;
Part number # R01A012 “Flap Damper", and have them send me a bag of these things..

What really got me ticked is the good old hobby shop who loves to wack my card, several g's so eagerly, and take thier sweet ass time processing my refunds. I am about ready to do an audit of how much they owe me, and "force" a refund on them.

Does anybody know if there is a USA dist for RCER? or these shops go direct?
I tried Pm'ing the so called "Rcer field rep", moosemanty, for some advice, and get no responce. lol, some rep!...

Should of stuck with Align only.. I got 2 trex 500's on the way, and it been the LONGEST 2 day delivery, EVER! hummm
Hey Aberdeen,

You tried getting a hold of Heli Direct, they are good folks to deal with and they carry the whole Rcer product. I never did understand why they can't sell those spacers individually. Moosemanty is ususally pretty good on replies, you post at rcgroups.com, check this thread out http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631550

I think I will persue this issue as well, that is crazy having to buy the whole grip for such a small but important part. We might have to go to a mechine shop and get some made, probably not cost effective.
DX7/AR6200
Old 01-04-2008, 01:13 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuam View Post
What other upgrades do you guys recommend from Arkinnovations, I will be ordering the angled battery tray, and the SS tail hub.
There are a few other bits that he has but didn't recomend for me as I am still learning.

1. Thrust race for the main blade grips - some people are trying this on the rcgroups forum
2. ss balls to replace the alloy ones - alloys are fine but over time wear
3. Thicker composite frames (1.5mm) - great upgrade if you need to replace your frames, need shorter alloy posts as well I think

Of course he has all of the standard alloy and carbon bits off the top of the line Dragonus as well if you have one of the lower versions like me. I am slowly upgrading to alloy but won't worry with the carbon yet.

//Dennis.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in