Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #81 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Just got back from vacation and I will finally try Heim Joint's device on my 500 Kasama tail. I don't see how they would cause slop Chuck? Is the blade loose int he grip? Is that what your referring too?

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Bob, thanks for replying. I hope you had a nice vacation. No, what I was referring to/asking was, did Robin (A.K.A. Heim) have a set made up for the the Align metal tail blade grips like he has for the Kasama ones. (I'm assuming there might be a difference) He does, and I've ordered a set. I can't wait to try 'em myself. I've got most if not all of the 500 Align metal upgrades on my 500 from the stock kit. Such as replacing the plastic mixing and washout arms, replaced the nylon see saw with the newer metal one (now, my head IS in fact all metal...finally) and I've put on the new Align metal tail blade grips and pitch slider. I've also replaced the stock plastic paddles with the newer Align (white in color) carbon fiber paddles. I really like those. The only thing I haven't upgraded on my 500 is that I'm still running a a belt drive tail. I want to get the TT upgrade as soon as I have the moola. Also, I'm running the Scorpion HK-3026 V2 1600kv motor (running the 13T pinion) and absolutely love its power when coupled with an Outrage XP 6S 25C 3000mAh pack! IMO, the Outrage XP Li-Po packs are the only ones to get. They don't get near as hot as my other FlightPower ones do. I think I may have killed my FlightPower ones this past summer, by getting them too hot. But, they're very good as well, in my opinion. That's all. I just love my 500 and I owe my successful build of it to you, Mr. Bob 'Finless' White. I want to personally thank you for all that you do here on HeliFreak. My 700 kit arrived on Friday and I'm following along building it with your 700 build videos on here as well. I'm going to convert it to electric and run two 6S 5000mAh 25C packs (same ones I use on my 600) in series so that it'll be on 12S! I saw a guy fly one like this down in Sulphur, LA at the LARKS R/C club down there a few weekends ago and it was insane! Helifreak...the only place to be!

Chuck
Old 11-23-2008, 09:36 PM   #83 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Thanks Chuck! You sound like your having a HELL of a lot of fun! I am glad I could help...

Tested Heim Joints weights today and I gotta say... They worked great! Video at 11

Bob
Old 11-24-2008, 01:19 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Bob, hello everyone...

I have just finished building my 500, and during hover i noticed that when i raise the throttle the tail has to make quick adjustments, and when i lower the stick i does it again, it basically very difficult to fly the tail adjustments are very quick and agressive.

I tough this problem was the tennis racket effect, because im using the Kasama grips, so decided to buy the Chinese weight mod... I right know im so confused, i dont know whats the tennis racket effect, and i dont know how to solve this, i have tried increase the gyro setting and it does it more agressive and if i lower the gyro setting it does not work with the AVCS mode.

Can anyone help me find a solution ?
God bless
Thank you !
alf_flash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 01:20 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im really waiting to see the review on the CWM... Thank you Bob !
Old 11-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alf, are you sure you're running a straight curve? Changing rpm's make it a lot harder for the gyro to hold your tail.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the reply Bob, yes, I can't wait to try mine out as well when they arrive. I'll let everyone know on here as well what I think of 'em as well.

Chuck
Old 11-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Bob, i dont mean to rush you in any way, but when are we going to be able to watch the review on the CWM of Robin (Heim). Once again thank you for your great effort, and endless help. God Bless.

Laurens:
As you stated, im sure my problem is the throttle curve. Because the corrections made in the tail occur when RPMs are changed. Im not flying with Idle up, just hovering in the backyard and transitting the heli around here.
How can i set a correct curve....

Im running a GY401 with a 9257. And in order to keep the heli in the same rpms my curve right now is:

DX6i transmitter
0%, 50%, 75%, 90%, 100%

With this curve the heli works OK, but i feel im demanding a lot from motor and lipo just in hover.

Thank you !!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #89 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I JUST got done compressing and uploading the vid TONIGHT! So give me a few to make a post!

Bob
Old 11-25-2008, 02:58 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Bob. I really cant wait to watch this review...

I need to ask you one favor, can you please help me achieve a correct throttle curve in order to avoid drastic RPMs change, and help the gyro settle the tail correctly without correction or adjustments when RPMs change. Please Mr Finless, it the only thing i need to finally end the long long build in my 500.

Hope you have enjoyed your vacations. I love Hawaii, by any chance did you tried the Fish and chips they sell in Maui ? It by far the best i have ever eaten.

Anyway cheers from Mexico.
God Bless
Alfredo
Old 11-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think a good idea would be to use a small pinion, and then a throttle curve of 80 80 80 80 80 in idle up. This way the RPM won't change which makes it a bit easier for your governor to keep the tail steady.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
I JUST got done compressing and uploading the vid TONIGHT! So give me a few to make a post!

Bob

Bob, Thanks for trying out the weights. I have instructions that come with them but I didnt have them made when I sent yours. picture below of instructions.

HEIM JOINT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB250265a.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	70470  
HEIM JOINT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #93 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Oh and here is my review post

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=105189

Bob
Old 12-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello im having this problem with the kasama tail grips, i dont even know if this is a problem or its just normal slop... Its very hard to explain, thats why i decided to make a video... Im sorry for my english.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2O_CARjFD4

God Bless and please help me find a solution
Old 12-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #95 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Well first your tail is on the wrong side of the heli!

But what you have is a bad Kasama hub. If the set screw come a little loose then it is allowed to wobble and it will ream out the hole. You need to get a new Kasama hub.

Bob
Old 12-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Bob, no the tail is not wrong, i had to flip the video.... Lol thats why it seemd the tail is in the opposite site...

Ok about the issue im having, so you deffinitly think the hub is damaged? the strange thing is that the heli is almost brand new. Only 5 flights.

Do you think i should replace the thrust bearings also ?
Thank you for your support
Old 02-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default slop/nylocks

Regarding the issue of notchiness when the nylocks are too tight - this is reduced when the tail spins up and the bearings compress. So for a slop free setup, notchiness is your friend.
desert_flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

where can i get the kasama bearing for my trex 500?....
xxSLOANxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #99 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I get my Kasama stuff from GrandRC. He alsways seesm to have all the Kasama stuff.

Bob
Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bringing forward.
Stevendavis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in