Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone have Vbar file for Fury55

Hi guys,

Looking for some help with my Furry 55. Running Vbar with YS56 and Spectrum sensor.
I am having problems with the throttle pulsing. Running combined mode.
This is my first nitro, been flying a 450Pro till now. Really impressed with thev Fury. So much fun to fly. Just need to figure this governor issue.

Tried the Vbar forum with no luck.

Thanks
Tommy
ttheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

please elaborate. I run the same setup but with an os 55. It shouldnt matter about the engine. WHat throttle servo? I can almost gaurantee you that the throttle servo is bad or is not getting correct voltage. I had pulsing when the voltage was too low,
First replace the throttle servo and then run a straight power source. If you get correct power and the servo is tested good on another system than the vbar unit may be defective
*Perspective is key*
jgalen0025 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Please post the vbar log file.
HeathH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am running Align 610 servo for the throttle. I am using a 2 cell lipo, connected to a Scott Grey Reactor. Running @ 6V.

What are you guys running for throttle servo?

Thanks for looking into this.
Attached Files
File Type: vbr Fury55log.vbr (5.4 KB, 67 views)
Old 05-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttheli View Post
I am running Align 610 servo for the throttle. I am using a 2 cell lipo, connected to a Scott Grey Reactor. Running @ 6V.

What are you guys running for throttle servo?

Thanks for looking into this.

You have to eliminate simple possibilites FIRST. Eliminate the regulator and run a straight power source. I dont know how many times guys swear there reg is doing its job but trust me check it, i have seen so many failures from all brands of regulators that range from 20 dollars to 200 dollars.
Switch out servo or try the servo on another setup. The 610 is a little slow for a throttle servo but should
The align 610 can be run straight off of 2s lipo contrary to manufacturer says (me and several other PROs at my feild do it with no ill effects)
I cant view vbar logs bc it takes special software and mr mel IS MIA until further notice
Is there any certain times or cicumstances that it does this pulsing? Please Elaborate on specifics if you want to get this solved.
*Perspective is key*
jgalen0025 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default re

Ok, a pulsing throttle could be a few different things.
First, the sensors usually like 6 to 8volts of power. The V-bar gov output is only 3.3. you can fix this by removing the red sensor wire from the connector and running to any opened servo port on the front of the Vbar. This will supply a full 6volts to the sensor.

Second. Make sure your sensor is reading a stable head speed. The Spectrum back plate sensor does not work with YS engines that have steel inside the back plate. You can remove the blades and hook the heli up to the V-bar software. Start her up and give your motor some throttle. When the motor levels out you should get a fairly steady head speed reading under the main gov menu. If not then your sensor is giving you trouble. If you’re motor is running ruff then your rpms will vary a little more.

third is your gain settings. I will post my Furry 55 5.1 vbr file for you to look at. The gain settings will be the same. I did very little to the governor settings. My OS55 likes the stock settings.

Fourth, there is the % Min gov setting under the expert governor menu. If this is set to low, your motor will shut off in flight. I needs to be at least 20 points higher than your low throttle endpoint setting in the V-bar’s governor II setup menu. You may need to change this setting to reduce your surging issue

Fifth, I have no idea what “combined mode means” can you explain this please.

Sixth, make sure you do not set up the governor to run in normal mode. If you do the motor will eventually hot start on you. Not a fun thing to deal with. Make sure the Governor setting in your transmitter is set to 0 for normal mode. This will disable the governor.

Seventh, make sure you use silicon or shoe goo to glue all the satellite connections I place, they are very susceptible to vibration damage on nitro helis. This also applies to the servo connections to your V-bar. I just had my first repair work in 75 flieghts on my Furry 55 last weekend because of a satellite failure. 220 later she is back in business. The heli is extremely tough. I had mine glued and they still failed…

And last, if you have not already done so, please watch Mr Mel’s nitro governor setup video. It will make your setup 100 times easier and avoid an expensive repair.

Hope you get her flying soon, I love mine.
Attached Files
File Type: vbr MA FURY 55 NITRO.vbr (5.5 KB, 73 views)
whittb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default one more

Yet another possibility….

A poorly tuned motor can also cause the governor to serge. Since you are new to nitro, get some help form a local nitro flyer. They will be able to help you break in your motor and tune it properly without damaging it. It is not uncommon for a new motor to shut off in flight during the break in/tuning process, a nice set of 620’s will make your Furry 55 auto very well and give you some extra lift. The 600’s are much less forgiving.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys.

Been at work, and haven't had much time to follow up.

Thanks for all the tips, I have a lot to check when I get home. Ill be back home on the 20. for some more testing.

When it comes to the sensor, what would be a better sensor for the YS? I am thinking of ordering one while at work just to have one incase the spectrum is causing this.
I will test it like you suggested whittb. I already run at power from the servo side with the same problem.

I will try and cut out the voltage regulator as you suggested jgalen. I run a futaba 9254 for the tail, so Ill get a step down. Would also clean up the machine if I can run everything on 7.2.
Maybe I should use the 9254 as throttle and buy a high voltage for the tail?

Combined mode is new in the software 5.2.5. Thought it was a software issue at first, so I tried it. Think it works more like an electric gov then. Think Ill go back to the old way. Kinda liked having control over the throttle in normal mode. Do you guys tune the motor with the gov off? I think I have it tuned ok, but would be nice if I could find someone close to confirm for sure.

Ill put some shoe goo on the connections. Found them loose on some of the servos.

Cant wait to get home to figure this out. In the mean time Ill watch more of MrMel's videos and read up on this.
Love the way this machine flies. Just the size compared to my 450 was a big change. Flies on rails, and the quality is just impressing.

Thanks again guys. Got a lot more to check now. Good to get some feedback, since I am by myself out here trying to figure this out.

Tommy T
Old 06-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

ttheli,

I am running the VBAR Gov with an aerospire sensor. The sensor needs to be bent at the tip to read the magnets. I run the OS 55. It shouldnt be that much of a difference. I also run the combined mode. I find the combined mode to be much simpler. After you complete the normal gov setup, Throttle curves Normal 0 47 91 91 91 Idle1 91 91 91 91 91 1900HS Idle2 93 93 93 93 93 2150HS I believe the requested head speed needs to be achieved at half stick in normal mode for gov to kick in.

V/R
BigQ951 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default re

I did not realize there was another version available so soon. I stumbled on it last night while installing my silverline sensor. Eventually I will upgrade my governor to the combined mode, but the old two channel mode has served m very well to date.

Hope you get her running soon
Old 06-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys,

Thought Id give you guys an update.
Thanks for your help. Been playing with the set up on my time off here. Got a lot of good information from you guys.
Redid my set up. went back to two channel for now. Had to drop the gov gain all the way to 33. Works really well now. Very happy with the Fury and the vbar right now.

I still have a bit of a tail wag, just wondering what could cause that?
Tail holds very well in climbs, rolls, loops. But in a hover it slowly wags.Not to big of a deal I guess. I run idle 1 at 1900 and idle2 at 2100.

Again, thank you very much for your help

ttheli
Old 06-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail mag in hover is usually caused by too much “I” gain. You will find this setting under the tail expert menu. 5 point down at a time until it stops.

Your governor gain is extremely low. Mine is good at 50 to 60. I would try to increase this up slowly until the motor starts to surge again. then back off a little.

The two channel setup works so well for me that I have decided not to change it. Don’t fix what is not broken….
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool, I will try that in the morning. Hopefully the weather holds.

Thanks
ttheli

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in