Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2015, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wanting a new 700

I've currently got a goblin 700 logo 600sx and a trex 700 nitro. I only give this background as a way to say I'm not in a hurry to add another Heli to my feet. I absolutely love the 600sx and am interested n the 700xx. My question is this. Do we know anything about the new 700 coming or are the pics we have from rotor live all for now?

Has anyone owned both the goblin and 700xx who can compare the flight characteristics ? Should I build this or wait until the fall? I keep my helis for a long time and don't mind waiting a few months to make a decision. As always thanks for the feedback.
alexd1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2015, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had them both and larger on both sides.

logo 700 - 800 , goblin 700 - 770

My logo 700 with over 100 flights on 12s , then close to another 100 at 14s

Goblin 700 on 12 and 14s , and goblin 770 on 14s

My flying style is a little of everything. Big air 3d , 3d box flying , smack wanabee .

In my typical wanderings in the sky I frequently do a high speed pass to the right , roll / flip / piro while carrying speed , to make the transition back to start coming back , while maintaining some speed I like to throw the tail straight down and do a large tic toc walk back across.

The logo XX tail does this quite well. It will let out a good hum depending on the winds but I never felt it was at risk of blowing out.

The goblins are setup with larger tailblades , speed up pulley , and comp tail (+7.8mm to tail disk). I found they would struggle with the tail into the wind while carrying speed.
Goblin 770 had 25t tail , 120 blades on comp tail grips - 1950 rpm on head. This was a bit of a overspeeding of the tail setup. It produced a lot of vibes that drove the vbar nuts (silver by the way) . I spent days and days trying to figure out what was making such a racket on the tail. Turns out after a night of watching goblin youtube vids it's the "goblin growl" as its called.

So the quiet vote will be going to the logo XX.

Flight characteristics :

For the hardcore box smack flier , I'd go with the goblin. For an experiment I tried as hard as I could to smack box the goblin 770 in a 40' box. I will say the tail seemed much better in the box.

The logo is going to be the smoother flier choice. It will do smack also (see kyle's XFC vid from '13) and plenty of hard 3d also. Big air / big air 3d is a shining point for the logo's. I find that the logo's seem to "track" better in any given maneuver , kinda work with you to make you look better if that makes sense.

By comparison the trex 700n should be in the middle of the 'tracking / co-operation' level.

I feel the goblins have no mercy , if your not 100% on the ball , it will be obvious and easy to spot. Of course this agility is good for the smack fliers.

Auto's :

logo 800 and goblin 770. A blind monkey could auto these in all day long without issue.

Logo 700 kit form - edge 713 - I find the disk loading a slight bit on the high side. Not sure if I stretch out my auto's too long or what. Bumped up the collective to 14 degrees so I can do that last little poke before touchdown. It helped. But I still do regular pounder landings, but once in a while I'm smooth as silk. Still working on the sweet setdown trick.

Goblin 700 was good , I really didn't do many with 700 , but I felt it was typical of a 700. A little floatier than the 700n , but not by much.

But at the end of the day , I'm keeping the logo 700 and 800 and have the goblins up for sale. I do wish I could nail the landings on the 700 , but on 14s (4400) scorpion 4530-450 is just a awesome machine. I figure a couple hundred more auto's something will click.

The new logo 700 has been announced , being tested by team Mikado pilots , and isn't ready to be bought yet. Mikado will release it when it's ready. Mikado doesn't like to give out too many details or release dates. Just the way they do things. So the new 700 could be out tomorrow or next year , No one knows.
I have 2 700's (one 700 one stretched to 770) and I like what they're going for in the new 700 , but I'm definitely happy with them as is. When the new 700 comes out , it could be a good chance to snag a great heli for a good price, I'm sure they'll be a few folks looking to sell the 700XX for the new version.

Hope this helps some.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2015, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

wow thank you for the detailed response. I also do a bit of everything as far as flying style an a little smack wanabee here also.

I love the goblin growl and flying the Goblin certainly gets my heart pumping. I've got the head speed up at 2200 or so for the extremely quick response you get and I love flying it. I just feel like the Logo 600sx is more locked in and predictable for me but it's a much lighter machine. From what I'm reading here perhaps my problem is just that I need to turn it down 100 rpm and make it more docile. I don't have a problem with tracking in big air maneuvers and it fly's a perfect line for me hands off carrying some good speed. It screams in big loops but is very touchy to cyclic inputs while flying that fast big air style. I suppose the 700xx would not be so squirmy.

I love the video of Kyle flying those big 3d maneuvers.. wish I could fly like that!

I really wanted to rob the goblin of the electronics to put in a Logo 700 but I think I would really need to fly both back to back to really decide. Now I've got some thinking to do.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The goblin is a great "little" machine.
The Logo 700 XTREME is just that. Xtreme in every way. Big and Strong.
And with VBar and Vcontrol .......... Cant be beat.
Just my opinion. I do fly logo 600,700 800 and the goblin 700.
Logos are well built, trouble free and fly very well.
The Goblin is a new design that works well too love the belt sound in the carbon tail boom though.......... I do prefer the Logos none the less
D
Old 04-27-2015, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I'm currently obsessing over the 700xx. If I see one at the next event i go to in May it might be all over. I'll end up with both also
Old 04-28-2015, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with Deepak, coming from goblin and trex myself, I love to robust 700xx it's a great machine, you would not regret getting one
Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't own one but if I had the cash I'd probably buy this one, ($1750) try pricing out that setup at Mikado USA. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=661999 The 700xx seems to fly smoother than most others, I guessing it has something to do with the higher disk loading, side by side battery packs, and taller design. Just my opinion but the new plastic Logo 700 looks kind of lame to me.
Staub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for pointing that out. Pm sent to him
Old 05-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I went to joe nall and decided I had to try the 700xx after talking to a few people there. I'm going to try moving all the electronics from my goblin over and see what I think. I'll just need a new motor.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you need a stock 12s scorpion I have one here.

I changed up to a 14s 4400 setup on a scorpion 4530-450le.

Your going to love it , It's my goto heli , logged in 2 flights today , hoping for 3 more tomorrow.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2015, 03:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh thanks for the offer but I already placed the order!
Old 05-31-2015, 10:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

I've run the same power systems in my goblin 700 and 770 as I've run in my logo 700xx.
Logo has a better tail and more precise cyclic. Goblin has a much more efficient drivetrain and more collective response.
The same power system in the goblin felt like 30% more in flight performance, and got 1 minute more flight time.
The raptor e820 combines the best qualities of the xx and the goblin, without the weaknesses.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in