Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Full RX Wiring Diagrams

Enjoy!

Rick

Last edited by rdlohr; 04-29-2014 at 06:07 PM..
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 06:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perfect!!
apper001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Old 04-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks great. One point to add would be what to do with BEC that has 2 power wires.

Option 1
Both power wires connected to the 3SX, one in servo port 4 and one in USB programming port. I'd recommend the use of a y-harness (make sure the y-harness wire is at least same awg as the power wire) to make it easy to plug in the programming without having to remove the power wire.

Option 2
One power wire can go to 3SX servo port 4 and the other to an open Rx port. The power will be fed to the 3SX through the cable loom as needed. This option is convenient for internal BEC, as master wire (with throttle) could go to Rx while slave goes to port 4.

Personally, I recommend option 1. It's always best practice to have the power source closest to the greatest demand with the fewest connections in between, and with today's HV standard servos, you can pull a lot of amperage.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post
Looks great. One point to add would be what to do with BEC that has 2 power wires.

Option 1
Both power wires connected to the 3SX, one in servo port 4 and one in USB programming port. I'd recommend the use of a y-harness (make sure the y-harness wire is at least same awg as the power wire) to make it easy to plug in the programming without having to remove the power wire.

Option 2
One power wire can go to 3SX servo port 4 and the other to an open Rx port. The power will be fed to the 3SX through the cable loom as needed. This option is convenient for internal BEC, as master wire (with throttle) could go to Rx while slave goes to port 4.

Personally, I recommend option 1. It's always best practice to have the power source closest to the greatest demand with the fewest connections in between, and with today's HV standard servos, you can pull a lot of amperage.
I like it. I added some text next to the programming adapter. Thanks.
Rick
Old 09-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, not gonna screw around with this on my Goblin anymore, too expensive. Picked up a new Graupner MZ-24 that came with two receivers, a 12 channel which is currently feeding the 3x in my Goblin, and a 6 channel that I want to put in my Blade 450x with another BD-3X, my thought is it can be done if I sacrifice in flight gyro tuning?
I see every schematic above is showing an eight channel receiver but I really don't need in flight tuning, until I get the hang of all the gyro parameters.
All of this is a huge leap forward coming from Spektrum stuff, finally figured out the menus in the new tx (what an awesome system from Graupner)
I guess the real question is, is six channels enough?
Using the sum system it looks like it will work, am I wrong?
Getting ready to cut the AR7200 from the 450 now, which will be the last of the E-flight electronics, all servos, speed control and motor have already been upgraded to more reliable components.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The ppm system still perplexes me, went ahead with the wiring loom, now I have the head wire with no place to go, thinking since gyros are adjustable through the computer I don't REALLY need it, or the grey wire for that matter but that one is currently residing in channel five.
Anyone else skipping the whole "in flight tuning" thing?
I really want to use the 450 for a test bed to learn this system, the first test with full voltage on my servos in the Goblin taught me the hard way what the amber light on the demon means, did the chicken dance on spool up, tipped over and trashed the blades. Damage was minimal other than that, couple scratches on my pretty canopy. Should have dialed the gains back a bit, but hell, live and learn.
Second crash wasn't related to the demon, dialed the gyros down and she was a bit sluggish but the bell crank base had the hole for the crank tapped a bit loose and the crank decided to fly off about two minutes into the flight, tried to autorotate and would have made it except she went out of sight over a little hill, I panicked and set her down hard about three feet off the ground, broke the landing gear and trashed the mains and tail blades on that one but no damage to any of the mechanicals.
The adjustability in the demon gyros seems very flexible, offering many options, but I would rather play around with them on a eight hundred dollar bird rather than a four thousand dollar beast.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align Trex 600 DFC with a BD3sx ESC/BEC wiring?

I hav set my bd3sx up on a Trex 500 DFC and 450 DFC no problems. Both these had esc with Bec included. My 600 however has a bec and a esc. I have connected my wiring with the bec to port 4. Is it safe for the esc to plug straight into my throttle on my Spektrum AR 8000 RX. Or would the voltage be too high?

As in Diagram 3....

I don't feel like starting a fire I'm my heli!
Flyfun10 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfun10 View Post
Is it safe for the esc to plug straight into my throttle on my Spektrum AR 8000 RX. Or would the voltage be too high?
That is the way it should be, yes. You just need to make sure the ESC does not also have a BEC. What ESC do you have (exact model number) and what voltage is your BEC set for?
Old 12-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Castle ICE2 HV 80 Brushless ESC
6A External BEC w/ 5.1V Two-way Step-down voltage regulator X1

what do ya think rhodesengr?
Old 12-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Castle ICE2 HV 80 Brushless ESC
6A External BEC w/ 5.1V Two-way Step-down voltage regulator X1

what do ya think rhodesengr?
The castle HV ESC's do not have internal BEC's so just plug the ESC cable into your RX.

You didn't post what voltage your BEC is set to.

Why use the Align BEC instead of something like the Castle BEC Pro which you can set to any voltage you want. Do you need two voltages from the Align BEC? Are you running both 6V cyclics and a 5.1V tail servo?
Old 12-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 600 DFC with BD3sx no motor?

I have finally tried to fly my Trex today...ESC beeps but no motor?
Servos are all working properly... and ESC beeps so power is getting through..I can't seem to enter programming mode on the Castle ESC either..

The voltage is all stock for BEC and servos so don't need to adjust anything...

I think the below quote from the Bavarian Demon 3sx manuel may be needed?

"Alternatively, if available, the ESC or throttle servo can remain at the reseiver‘s throttle port. Activating this feature is done via PC software."

I cannot find this adjustment anywhere in the PC software?

OKOKOK My throttle travel settings had to be lowered until my ESC kicked in!!
Old 12-21-2014, 12:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
"Alternatively, if available, the ESC or throttle servo can remain at the reseiver‘s throttle port. Activating this feature is done via PC software."

I cannot find this adjustment anywhere in the PC software?
I understand your confusion. I think they mean using SBUS. To use SBUS, you have to activate that in software. That statement is in the paragraph about using SBUS but they way they wrote it, it sounds like it refers to the throttle signal. All they are saying is that if you use SBUS, the throttle signal is available on the 3SX or you can connect to it directly on the RX. There is no adjustment for that in software. The same goes if using Sats.

I sounds like you figured out you need to lower your endpoint to arm the ESC. Since you are using castle, you should really get their USB programming interface. It makes life so much easier.

Castle has two ways to set the throttle: Auto and Fixed End Points. I think the default is Auto in the non HV ESCs. You can easily make the selection if you have the interface. There is a procedure to do the manual limit set and it is probably a better way to set up the throttle channel. They have a write up on their website how to do it.

http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo..._endpoints.pdf
Old 02-26-2015, 10:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default demon 3x

Putting together an Atom 5.5/demon 3x.. but only have an ar600. Im missing a place for gear 2, its not a 3sx is there either of the single wires i dont need on the loom? if im not using the bail out stuff???

Or do i really need a new receiver??

HauLo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2015, 11:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauLo View Post
Putting together an Atom 5.5/demon 3x.. but only have an ar600. Im missing a place for gear 2, its not a 3sx is there either of the single wires i dont need on the loom? if im not using the bail out stuff???

Or do i really need a new receiver??

well 7 channels would be better. Channel 5 (gear) is usually used to control tail gain. The 7th channel, Aux2 would be used to control head gain. On the 3SX, you still only use 7 channels but Aux2 is changed from head gain to Horizon modes after initial setup.

With your AR600, you would probably connect Tail Gain to Gear and you would have to set the head gain in software. The head Gain connector in the loom would be left not connected. That just makes initial tuning a little harder because you'd have to run the software to change the head gain. This is what 3SX owners do anyway once they switch Aux2 to Horizon modes.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr View Post
well 7 channels would be better. Channel 5 (gear) is usually used to control tail gain. The 7th channel, Aux2 would be used to control head gain. On the 3SX, you still only use 7 channels but Aux2 is changed from head gain to Horizon modes after initial setup.

With your AR600, you would probably connect Tail Gain to Gear and you would have to set the head gain in software. The head Gain connector in the loom would be left not connected. That just makes initial tuning a little harder because you'd have to run the software to change the head gain. This is what 3SX owners do anyway once they switch Aux2 to Horizon modes.
Thanks man, I appreciate the fast response.

Just one thing, there is a "tail" (yellow)wire and a "tail gyro"(gray)wire, green wire being my head gain(the one im leaving unplugged), is the "tail gyro" considered to be my tail *gain? Or is it "tail" - as per the demon 3x/3sx manual.

Im ok with adjusting head gain in the software, I have a laptop I bring to the field anyway. Just the first time im setting up any helicommand products.

Thanks again, megatons of appreciation
HauLo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2015, 05:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauLo View Post
Just one thing, there is a "tail" (yellow)wire and a "tail gyro"(gray)wire, green wire being my head gain(the one im leaving unplugged), is the "tail gyro" considered to be my tail *gain? Or is it "tail" - as per the demon 3x/3sx manual.

Im ok with adjusting head gain in the software, I have a laptop I bring to the field anyway. Just the first time im setting up any helicommand products.
The yellow wire (Tail) needs to go to your RX Rudder port. You can leave the Tail Gain and head Gain disconnected and set them both in software. If either are connected, the software setting is ignored.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do these unit require a traditional receive setup, or can i just users spektrum sats?
Andy-B is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2015, 07:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Thats what I started with and I had problems. There are a number of threads related to it but as I remember the bottom line was you may have problems with sats. I have used many sats on VBARs without issue, but using them with the Bavarian Demon was problematic for me.

Rick
Old 05-29-2015, 08:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-B View Post
Do these unit require a traditional receive setup, or can i just users spektrum sats?
take a look at the FAQ for newcomers in the stickies. It discusses the Sat issues and what they are sensitive to. Sats can be made to work. I have a 550 setup with Sats-only and never had a problem but I have a big external ESC, a 5S NiMh buffer battery and running DSMX at 11ms frame rate. Demon Joe himself has posted here that full RX is the preferred setup. Plus, that lets you use preset failsafe which allows you to have SL come on if you lose signal. Sats-only does not allow that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in