Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phoenix Sim question

So I got my Phoenix Sim and I need a recommendation on the best model to use to simulate a small FP heli like the Bee or FP250.

Also, do I need to adjust any settings in the sim.

I'm asking here because I thought I'd get quicker response than in the sim section.

Thanks.
The OriginalTwoTone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry Bud I don't really use a sim so I can't help, but I think JMD uses Phoenix, so he might be able to help you out.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have Pheonix. Probably the closest is the Blade SR. Turn down the scale speed to about 50 and you should be close. I havent fiddled with the collective pitch scales in set up, but I think you may be able to reduce the pitch ranges. Either way, The SR is pretty close on the sim. Should be good enough for practice as none of them really are all that exact.
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
I have Pheonix. Probably the closest is the Blade SR. Turn down the scale speed to about 50 and you should be close. I havent fiddled with the collective pitch scales in set up, but I think you may be able to reduce the pitch ranges. Either way, The SR is pretty close on the sim. Should be good enough for practice as none of them really are all that exact.
kind of agree....i found the sim to be a bit off in response...but i left mine in full speed so i could get my reactions down...really...the size of the heli in the sim should not matter...even though i only fly 200-400 class heli's i fly the bigger heli's in Phoenix..easier to see and have a closer reaction to the real world smaller heli's...i find the smaller ones in phoenix to be way too super touchy..so slowing down the sim speed on those is a good idea if you are going for complete realism...truth be told they have a few models in there close to what i fly..but i just fly the bigger 500 and 600 class heli's in there for fun and to gain orientation expreience...

evne with Sim time i still can't nose in hover to save my life
Old 05-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think that the blade cp pro 2 is also very good replacement. Modify it a little and should be good to go.
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettaManDan View Post
evne with Sim time i still can't nose in hover to save my life

haha me either brotha...I have Real Flight and have put countless hours on it and I do good for a few seconds then just loose it all.

I have my computer hooked up to my 42 inch plasma TV just so I can see my Sim better..
Birdkiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pheonix set up as is, us WAY, WAY TOO QUICK. I find that the Align 450 Pro set at about 55% real speed. Governor off, and stick sensiltivity at NHF or up to 5%+ feels pretty close to m EXI 450. However, I do need to upgrade my video card as I have use the low resolution setting to keep things from freezilng.

I also have Clearview on my laptop, it is a bit easier than the real thing, And definately easier than Pheonix. However it is a real bargain for the price. Still great for learning.
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in