Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool First BL go around with the Nano......

Just go done installing a AD brushless kit on my Nano. I came out pretty good but there are a few short cuts I need to refine and a couple of things I need to do a bit different. I'm going to let everything cure for a bit and give it a whirl!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good NCcraig, I get my kit delivered today. How long did the install take?
snackdaddy185 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very clean, very good job as usual. Just wandering, why did you keep the connectors for the motor. Ease of trying different motors at the expense of a bit heavier?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackdaddy185 View Post
Looks good NCcraig, I get my kit delivered today. How long did the install take?
About four hours but I was taking my time figuring a few things out. That was also flashing the ESC, mounting the pinion and a few other things that are included in the kit. I just got parts and pieces.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like how you mounted the ESC and used the included connector for the motor to ESC. Clean setup! I was also thinking about using the connector, but I ended up soldering the wires directly.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
I like how you mounted the ESC and used the included connector for the motor to ESC. Clean setup! I was also thinking about using the connector, but I ended up soldering the wires directly.
On smaller motors, I like having the connector. If it was a big motor like a HP06 or some similar, I would direct solder. But it makes it easier to work on a small heli being able to disconnect the motor instead of unsoldering it, if unsoldering is a word. Plus it's easier on the ESC.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweeeeet !!!!
Blade 180 cfx ,Blade mcpx
Trex 150
superjet112x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjet112x View Post
Sweeeeet !!!!
+1. Nice looking job as we are accustomed to seeing from you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my kit today and I hooked everything up using the directions on astroids website. For some reason I can't get the motor to run. I can hear the esc beeps when I apply throttle. I can feel (barely) the motor trying to spin. Any idea what I can do to correct this? Thanks
Old 11-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackdaddy185 View Post
I got my kit today and I hooked everything up using the directions on astroids website. For some reason I can't get the motor to run. I can hear the esc beeps when I apply throttle. I can feel (barely) the motor trying to spin. Any idea what I can do to correct this? Thanks
You have to arm the ESC before the motor will run and you can't use linear throttle curves with a flashed ESC. Set your throttle curves flat across the board. Try 60% in Normal, 70% in IU1 and 78% in IU2 for starters. Set throttle hold on and plug in the heli. let the blue light go solid on the 3-n-1. Flip TH off then on. That arms the ESC. Flip TH off and the heli will spool up nice and slow.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed my kit last night and used the plug and mounted the esc like ncraig. Install was pretty straightforward and went together without any issues except having to switch 2 motor wires to get it spinning the right way.

I flew a couple of batteries around the house and it certainly has more pop than the stocker. This morning I will take it out on the lawn and wring it out
asodestrom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
You have to arm the ESC before the motor will run and you can't use linear throttle curves with a flashed ESC. Set your throttle curves flat across the board. Try 60% in Normal, 70% in IU1 and 78% in IU2 for starters. Set throttle hold on and plug in the heli. let the blue light go solid on the 3-n-1. Flip TH off then on. That arms the ESC. Flip TH off and the heli will spool up nice and slow.
Thanks Craig. That's the first simple strait to the point explanation I see about the process of arming a BL motor. I've seen a lot of things about doing some voodoo with the collective stick but never anything that clear and simple. I'm building mine this weekend and that reassure me about the process.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Do you have to do that every time? Or is that just the first time start up procedure?

HK250SR,Blade 450 3D,Blade 450 X,DX6I, Phoenix V4, Blade Nano CPX
Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur3 View Post
Do you have to do that every time? Or is that just the first time start up procedure?

HK250SR,Blade 450 3D,Blade 450 X,DX6I, Phoenix V4, Blade Nano CPX
First time on every battery.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another thing I have noticed. Since the servos are pushed out to clear the BL motor, the servo arms seem to get into the canopy a bit. I took a hole punch and trimmed the canopy so there is no interference with the servo arms.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Still no luck, i can hear the esc arm but the motor still won't turn. I can feel the motor vibrate a little but that's it. I've tried re doing all the wiring but still nothing. I must ofmissed something during the install.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure you motor is clear of the frame. That would cause your problem.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Make sure you motor is clear of the frame. That would cause your problem.
The motor has enough clearance from the from. I'm thinking it has something to do with the motor wire connections to the esc. I've tried swithching the motor wires around but still no luck.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw that you rewired the tail motor, to avoid the short problem of the original varnish ones. What gauge did you use. I have some nice stranded silver wire 28 AWD with Teflon coating do you think it's big enough.

The original don't seem bigger then that but they are solid wire.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go for it View Post
I saw that you rewired the tail motor, to avoid the short problem of the original varnish ones. What gauge did you use. I have some nice stranded silver wire 28 AWD with Teflon coating do you think it's big enough.

The original don't seem bigger then that but they are solid wire.
I use 30 or 32 gauge wire for the tail motor. The wires in a printer cable that connects to a computer work awesome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in