Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 12:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
Bookmarked!

You are a real asset to this community Tom, thank you!!!

Your welcome.

I want to post what happened so other people will know.

My first post of the Walkera TX/RX Setup Guides which was just a link
to my setup guides on another web site was here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=399715

I then closed that thread and made a new thread with the full step by step setup guides with pictures and video which is now a sticky here.

Tom
CX2Pilot is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #22 (permalink)

My HF Map location

WOW SWEET thank you!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Swashplate V100D03

Thread says to set the swash as 1 servo norm.
Is this correct?
If so, does the receiver do the 3 servo synchroniztion?
I haven't received my heli yet, but I want to be able get it going quickly.
Phil

Last edited by papu; 04-16-2012 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: More info
papu is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #24 (permalink)

Dear William,

I noticed you still have posted my setup guides on your web site. I wanted you to know that I am currently selling my guides for a nominal fee on my website, . The content on your site is under copyright.

I kindly request that you remove my setup guides and please do not publish any new content of mine that users may try to post as it is all under copyright.

In return, I will occasionally post on your site important technical information your users can benefit from.

After years of helping people for no charge, I am at a point I need to generate some funds to cover the costs to continue providing useful information to this hobby.

My Helifreak user name is: CX2Pilot

Here are links to my setup guides on your site. The first one has 4 pages of my setup guides posted. The second one has 2 pages of my setup guides posted.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=400204

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=399727

I appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Tom Zadar

Last edited by CX2Pilot; 05-09-2012 at 12:24 AM..
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papu View Post
Thread says to set the swash as 1 servo norm.
Is this correct?
If so, does the receiver do the 3 servo synchroniztion?
I haven't received my heli yet, but I want to be able get it going quickly.
Phil

Sent you a PM.

Tom
Old 04-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Life Saver

Thank you for this post just got the devo 10 and mini cp
the devo 10 would not up load settings and i had to put them in with out this post i would still be on the ground

thank you so much cx2 pilot
Layrin2 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you explain the relative benefits of using Heli or Aero mode?

Is the choice to use one or the other purely pilot preference or is there a functional difference?

I ask because later this week, there will be a new LadyBird in my life.
Heli-opolis is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post
WOW SWEET thank you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layrin2 View Post
Thank you for this post just got the devo 10 and mini cp
the devo 10 would not up load settings and i had to put them in with out this post i would still be on the ground

thank you so much cx2 pilot

Your welcome!
I will continue to add to it as much as I can.

Tom
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
Can you explain the relative benefits of using Heli or Aero mode?

Is the choice to use one or the other purely pilot preference or is there a functional difference?

I ask because later this week, there will be a new LadyBird in my life.

Good question. I have been asking this also.
There is no difference at all that I can tell for a Quad.
I have used both HELI mode and AERO mode.

I made HELI mode and AERO mode purely for pilot preference.
The Walkera setup says to use HELI mode which I prefer also.

Let me know when you get your Ladybird and what you think of it.

Tom
Old 05-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Pilot View Post
Let me know when you get your Ladybird and what you think of it.
I can tell you what I think about it right now. I've flown InTheWay's LadyBird and had I not flown his, I never would have considered getting a quad.

Previously, quads seemed to me like trumped up Co-Ax's but I couldn't have been more wrong. At least with the LadyBird at any rate. I doubt I'd get more though.

I still can't believe how much I enjoyed flying it!

It had the responsiveness and speed of a CP heli but could be as stable as a humming bird slurping nectar out of a Morning Glory, even in a pretty good breeze. A breeze I wouldn't take my Mini out to fly in.
Heli-opolis is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #32 (permalink)

Dear William,

I noticed you still have posted my setup guides on your web site. I wanted you to know that I am currently selling my guides for a nominal fee on my website, . The content on your site is under copyright.

I kindly request that you remove my setup guides and please do not publish any new content of mine that users may try to post as it is all under copyright.

In return, I will occasionally post on your site important technical information your users can benefit from.

After years of helping people for no charge, I am at a point I need to generate some funds to cover the costs to continue providing useful information to this hobby.

My Helifreak user name is: CX2Pilot

Here are links to my setup guides on your site. The first one has 4 pages of my setup guides posted. The second one has 2 pages of my setup guides posted.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=400204

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=399727

I appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Tom Zadar
Old 05-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I greatly appreciate this thread. I bought the "bare bones, last one in stock" V100D03 from Chinese Jade and set it up as suggested. Was able to take off and fly it around without any difficulty. I had had no previous experience with CCPM beforehand. My previous heli was a 4#3b double brushless.
Thanks!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #34 (permalink)

Your welcome.
I'm glad the setup guide helped you out.

Tom
Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ladybird settings

on this video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F47tGYSotFM&feature=plcp[/ame] at around 1:45 sec Ali suggest using the Dual Rate switch and the mix switch to switch between 100%, 70%, and 50% in its 3 different positions. i also heard from the people at helipal that thats how "Walkera People" (whatever that means) normally do it. but when i asked them how, they simply told me to leave it on the aux 2 where i had it before (using info that i got from your post). any info would help. i am trying to have a non aggressive mode for indoor flying as opposed to the normal flight and 3d mode used for outdoor without having to go into the settings each time i want to fly inside. i tried creating another profile on the devo 7 for my ladybird (using different percentages) but that seemed to crash the system and cause it not to bind anymore. being able to switch between all 3 setting would sure make things better. plus i can train my son, the next generation of rc flying.

Last edited by neoneo; 05-26-2012 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: i was asked to
neoneo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #36 (permalink)

It comes down to personal preference on which method to use for switching between 6 axis and 3 axis mode.

There are only two modes for the Ladybird. 6 axis mode for normal flying and 3 axis mode for flipping/3D.
The switch or knob just toggles between the two modes.
The percent used for the toggle switch is what switches between the two modes.

You can set the Dual Rate switch for indoor flying (non aggressive) and set the other position
for normal flight or 3d mode.

For indoor flying use 6 axis mode (Red light on Ladybird) and Dual Rate on low settings.
You can try my DREXP Pos 0 settings as a starting point and adjust them from there until you get
the results you need.

For flipping/3D mode use 3 axis mode (Green light on Ladybird) and Dual Rate on high settings.
You can try my DREXP Pos 1 settings as a starting point and adjust them from there until you get
the results you need.

Tom
Old 05-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default settings DREXP

can you give a brief description of what those numbers mean ie. 80% and LINE or 30%. i found myself just subtracting 20 from the 1st number and adding 20 to the 2nd. like ELE D/R 60 and +50. or if it was 100 and LINE, i would use 80% and +20%. i really have no clue what i was doing. and by the time i was done setting it up, my ladybird would no longer bind (another story smh). raising and lowering the percentages on ELE, AILE, RUDD, has to mean more aggressive or less aggressive but in not sure which direction is which. and I'm assuming LINE is 0 (whatever that means). us noobs could really benefit from this. reading blogs i see people write about -85% = 0 and 60 = 100% or something like that. but when your reading blogs and you see 85 different people opinions on things its hard to keep track of what you saw where. you seem to be the king of all of this, and i know what settings to start off with, thanks to you, but who doesn't like to customize lol
neoneo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoneo View Post
can you give a brief description of what those numbers mean ie. 80% and LINE or 30%.

First number (80%) is Dual Rate, second number (LINE or 30%) is Expo.
80% DR is 80% out of 100% servo travel. Anything less than 100% is limiting servo travel to make it less aggressive. Even thought the LB doesn't
have servos going lower than 100% DR will make it less aggressive.

i found myself just subtracting 20 from the 1st number and adding 20 to the 2nd. like ELE D/R 60 and +50. or if it was 100 and LINE, i would use 80% and +20%. i really have no clue what i was doing. and by the time i was done setting it up, my ladybird would no longer bind (another story smh). raising and lowering the percentages on ELE, AILE, RUDD, has to mean more aggressive or less aggressive but in not sure which direction is which.

Positive (+) Expo will make the stick less sensitive.
Going over 100% on DR will make the servos travel more and make it
more aggressive. Even thought the LB doesn't
have servos going higher than 100% DR will make it more aggressive.

and I'm assuming LINE is 0 (whatever that means).

Yes, LINE = 0% Expo

us noobs could really benefit from this. reading blogs i see people write about -85% = 0 and 60 = 100% or something like that. but when your reading blogs and you see 85 different people opinions on things its hard to keep track of what you saw where. you seem to be the king of all of this, and i know what settings to start off with, thanks to you, but who doesn't like to customize lol

Tom
Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, Do any of you have the full settings for 2801 and cb100 double brushless that has the RX2436.

Thanks
ohioshooter is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tom
I have found your beginner and other guides very usefull and am about to move up to BL. I don't see a guide for a C05 BL GCP w/ 2801.
Can your #16 setup guide for MiniCP with "C05 BL" be used for my 2801 Genius that has been converted to a Mini?
Would the 50% TC still = 90% throttle on the 2801/WK GCP or was that specific to the Devo/Mini?
What would you suggest using for pot settings on the GCP WK RX for this setup.

Thanks,
RD
??????Where did he go?????

Last edited by rldeveer; 07-20-2012 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: Hoping for response
rldeveer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in