Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used a Honey Bee King 2 main shaft upside down as its even longer than the BeltCP main shaft. Don't even have to grind anything off of it.

Last edited by bdargo; 05-15-2009 at 02:59 PM..
bdargo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

will a align 450sev2 head fit the beltcp , many thanks
seanashenden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2009, 05:28 AM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes!!!!!!!!!
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosoma View Post
I have a V2, mainshaft is same as V1. Have also just added a CopterX head and tail. Put the CopterX mainshaft in upside down, put the main gears on, adjust the collar and put the head back on it.
My bad. I didnīt get that part about the collar until I did the sensible thing and reached for my dictionary
The original CopterX shaft is mounted fine now. Time to learn how to properly set up the CCPM.
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdargo View Post
I used a Honey Bee King 2 main shaft upside down as its even longer than the BeltCP main shaft. Don't even have to grind anything off of it.
bdargo - What is the length of Honey Bee King 2 main shaft?
Even with the length of the BeltCP main shaft, it will hit the flybar of the CopterX if you do not shorten it. HBK2 main shaft even longer than BCP, according to you, it will sure hit the flybar of the Coperx head. How do you solve this problem without shorten the HBK2 main shaft? Thanks
don99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just found out the length of the HBK2 main shaft (by its manual), it is 122mm which is exactly same length with BeltCP in general. The lower part (longer part) of Belt CP is 67.5mm. The distances from the holes to the top or bottom of the shaft of BeltCp and HBK2 could be different, I don't know - bdargo could be right if they are different...
Old 06-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey i was wondering......i ordered align flybar paddles for the copterx flybar and was wonder if it would be ok to just hog out the esky weights and use them or if i could get like blade 400 weights. i liked how the esky paddles/weights made i way stable but did not like the slop.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

More reference photos for the completely clueless who wants to learn (namely, me).

Ready?

halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
More reference photos for the completely clueless who wants to learn (namely, me).

Ready?

Did you try to say the Belt CP main shaft need to be shortened to use properly w/ CopterX head...?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:21 AM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by don99 View Post
Did you try to say the Belt CP main shaft need to be shortened to use properly w/ CopterX head...?
I cannot push the Esky shaft far enough into the CopterX head to allow the head bolt through the hole. If I could, the Esky shaft would interfere with the flybar. If you use the CopterX shaft the way it comes, it does not allow a bolt under the main gear at the other end.

So you take the CopterX shaft, turn it backwards, notch it up a little bit at the "new collar position" so grub screws can grip it, and assemble that way. Or you grind about 3mm off the top end of an Esky shaft without bending the shaft. Or you find a vendor that sells slightly shorter Esky-compatible shafts.

(All of this was explained earlier in the thread, I just confirmed it and took more photos.)
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
I cannot push the Esky shaft far enough into the CopterX head to allow the head bolt through the hole. If I could, the Esky shaft would interfere with the flybar. If you use the CopterX shaft the way it comes, it does not allow a bolt under the main gear at the other end.

So you take the CopterX shaft, turn it backwards, notch it up a little bit at the "new collar position" so grub screws can grip it, and assemble that way. Or you grind about 3mm off the top end of an Esky shaft without bending the shaft. Or you find a vendor that sells slightly shorter Esky-compatible shafts.

(All of this was explained earlier in the thread, I just confirmed it and took more photos.)
That's a nice illustration, Halley!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default COPTERX WASHOUT ARMS BROKEN

Last night I broke the washout arms (black plastic) of my CopterX head but I could not find the replacement parts without having to get a new whole washout control level (blue metal) set (CX450-01-05). Any suggestions would be appreciated (Align 450 parts should be good too).
Thanks,
Don

Last edited by don99; 07-24-2009 at 08:23 AM..
Old 08-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I did this mod (the CopterX mod), the DTS mod, and the T-Rex main gear mod. Now my heli flies just as well as a T-Rex now. Thanks guys.

jec

Last edited by jcic; 08-17-2009 at 09:37 PM..
jcic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 AM   #254 (permalink)

Default Too many pages to read

I dont understand why you gotta use Belt CP main shafts with the copterx/trex head. Why not use Trex main shafts upside down?
toycoma98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2009, 07:07 AM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by toycoma98 View Post
I dont understand why you gotta use Belt CP main shafts with the copterx/trex head. Why not use Trex main shafts upside down?
Both will work. But if you use the Belt mainshaft and grind it to fit, you get longer traveling range of the swash. Giving higher +- pitch.
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #256 (permalink)

oh i get it. BTW this is what i got and haven't put it on yet.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #257 (permalink)

Default I got it installed

It hovers stable but the frame is wobbley. I swapped out the main shaft with align hard carbon shafts and its still wobbley. Not the tail wobbley like a gyro problem because i never touched the tail. So what could be the problem?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default dbargo has it right

Thanks dbargo for the great idea using the King 2 shaft for the CopterX Head mod on the Belt CP. I tried an upsidedown CopterX shaft - too short for full pitch range, tried a Belt CP shaft, same problem. All of these shafts are 5mm in diameter.

The HB King 2 shaft is 5mm longer hole to hole than the Belt CP shaft due to the different gear arrangement. When you turn it upside down, you get the short distance from the hole to the tip which works perfect in the CopterX V2 main hub. I was going to grind a Blade 400 shaft which is another 5mm longer hole to hole, but the King 2 shaft slips right in and only requires shortening the servo links 4 full turns to make the setup perfect from stock. A full + - 11 degrees range without bottoming out the swash on the frame. Also, with the CopterX head and this shaft, the blades are much higher getting them away from the boom (strike).

When I spun it up with 325mm Fiberglass blades, the tracking was perfect. Sweet.

BTW, it flies so nice, I sold my Blade 400 to a friend. I am currently building a CopterX Carbon 450. These V2 heads are really nice. I may put one on my King 2 to replace the CNC ESKY clone head.

Thanks again.

Terry

Last edited by exblade; 10-16-2009 at 07:21 PM..
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree w/ exblade that King 2 shaft works fine w/ CopterX head mod. The only issue I had is the material of King 2 shaft is so weak. It can easily be bent after a couple of minor crashes. It took me a while to find out the issue by looking at the reflection of light on the shaft. When I changed the King 2 shaft w/ Align, Issue was gone.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Washout arms

Don99,
Which Align shaft fits the BeltCP/CopterX combo? The CopterX shaft seems too short. Is the Align longer?

BTW, saw these parts at Hoby King. Might fit your Washout. Check out the Carbon frame Rex250 clone they have. I ordered one this morning.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...me=Part_#_F036

Terry
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in