Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great, thanks a lot!! I've bookmarked all this for my next buy
alan-31 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #102 (permalink)

Hey guys I got my copter x head! But I'm having some trouble, I flipped the copter x main. shaft but the little collar thing sits above the indent in the shaft. In order to get it to work I have to have the swash really close to the frame. Anyone have any sugestions?
Kevlar89 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #103 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sounds about right The collar no longer rides in the indent on the main shaft. Just tighten it down on the shaft and it should be fine but check it occasionally. As for the swash, it does ride close to the frame in order to get at least -8/-9. I set mine up so it was as close to the frame and still allow full cyclic movement. Good luck and take your time. Once you get it set up you will love it.
georover1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

My DTS and CopterX mod is really bad and its probably only good for forward-flight, but I took out the collar because the set up was coming in contact with the collar.
Until I get a new frame I'll use this to practice FF.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got similar range of pitch, Kevlar89. Despite I am far from flying upside down, it doesnt look very good, from a mechanical point of view. I will try to machine a new main shaft with the groove at the right place and mostly an extra length on top to provide a real -11/+11 without getting so close to the frame.
ibutcherjp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #106 (permalink)

So what I did is right??? Is there any interference with the swash and the frame of what?
Kevlar89 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #107 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Is there any interference with the swash and the frame of what?
No. There shouldn't be any. You should be able to get the head adjusted to where you have enough collective -/+ and not touch the frame. Here is mine at full negative level, full back collective, and full left.
Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2305.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	77878   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2307.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	77879   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2312.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	77880  
Old 01-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is close like that too, just like that. But you still have the collar on the shaft? I had to take it out. I actually damaged the swashplate slightly and loosened it up a bit because I didnt know it was grinding against the collar.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put the collar under the bearing, it holds well but its just a little annoying to remove and re-install.....I have my swash pitch and roll rates much higher than whats pictured, maybe i should check it out and possiby change it.
legine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #110 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yeah check with a pitch gauge you should have 5 to 6 degrees of cyclic.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:27 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks to you guys, I finished fitting my copterx head and finally tested it this morning.
What a change ! No more vibration, perfect tracking only with the pitch gauge, no need to fiddle in flight.
And such a nice look !

Old 01-24-2009, 05:56 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good!!
Did you manage to get +/-10 degrees of pitch??
legine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nicely done! Setup looks perfect! And that's exactly how they should track you should know they track before you spin it up by the pitch gauge! When you spin it up it just confirms that,yes,they track! Good job! You make a master of mechanical setup proud!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Legine : as is it now, I get -8/+10. Since I am very far from flying upside down, I wont touch it for the moment. To get a symetric range, I would have to shorten the links between the washout and the cage a little bit more, putting the swash plate just a little more up too. I gave up making a custom main shaft to get more range, I prefer to stick to available parts. Maybe later.

Heli Yea! : thanks !
Old 01-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #115 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default CopterX tail case is junk

Well i sure hope the head holds up better than the tail did. This is the result of three flights not one ending in a crash. On my third flight with this new set up i was hovering about a foot off the ground and the tail began shaking violently and just as it was about to touch the ground it began to spin out of control. When it finally stopped the blades and aft housing were laying on an angle and the belt was twisted. I'm glad i wasn't higher or in flight.
Does this stuff have a warranty?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2314.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	79276   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2315.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	79277  
Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure why that broke. Mine's been ok since a long time and lots of flights now. I doubt a warranty.. you might have to just get a new one, but maybe there's some stress somewhere or you got a bad part.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Georover,
I have had that kind of tail box failure twice before. I put it down to fatigue cycling from tail vibration. Next time mine shows signs of stress cracks, I will be ordering a "proper" T-Rex box, as these are made from much better quality metal.
Incidentally, I have never had a problem with the head, save the odd worn bearing in the blade holders.
Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2009, 01:27 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep same thing happened to mine. I'm with Mike next tail I order will be Align. I also have never had problems with the head they seem good to go! I have had it for a long time and crashed it several times. Due to this I have replaced the washout arms and flybar cage linkage bars with Align and have had no complaints.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:42 AM   #119 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Now I'm running a franken-tail. I'm using the esky cnc tail case, copterx shaft/pulley, blade plastic slider, and blade metal tail grips. I have a rainbow of parts on this thing but it seems to be working.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've been seriously thinking about getting a CopterX head/tail for my Belt CP. The only hesitation is that I don't want to get stuck into only going with eHirobo.com for parts since HeliDirect is so close to me.

Are CopterX components interchangeable with anything else -- or are there other vendors that sell their parts?

Karen
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in