Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Servos in need of cleaning?

I haven't used the Nano much lately, but since the 130X has been grounded way too much I resurrected my BL Nano. It had a broken swash, so I bought a Lynx swash for it and a Lynx Main shaft while I was ordering parts for the 130X.

After installation, upon powerup, one of the servos was oscillating about +/- 5 mm and settled down. It is flyable after the initial twitching. It seems to do it after each power up after it sits for a while (say overnight). Does this mean I need to clean the servos? Can they be cleaned on a Nano, or am I thinking of 130X servos?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nano servos need cleaning periodically, and dirty ones show the twitching symptoms you're talking about. Not sure about it getting worse after sitting though.
To clean, take them off and then apart, spray with deoxit or some other electronics cleaner, and wipe it off with a q-tip. Repeat until you stop getting smut on the q-tip. Then reassemble.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

OK - thanks. I will try to strip it down and take a shot at it soon. Would rubbing alcohol work? I have used that for cleaning circuit boards in the past.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I used rubbing alcohol, and it helped. But then I got some "electronics cleaner" from radio shack and did it again a couple days later, and got twice as much smut.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Deoxit D5......
Normally no need to disassemble the servo....just spray into the servo slider area, work the servo several times...and you should be golden!!
BE CAREFUL! The stuff exits the nozzle in a GUSH!! Use tissue or cloth AROUND the servo to keep the spray from going onto other parts...although it PROBABLY won't harm anything....it IS messy!!
dasBlade450 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well, I dismantled the Nano last night and cleaned each servo. It seemed to have taken care of the twitchy one (right side of heli) but that particular one didn't seem all that dirty. The dirtiest one was the rear servo - and wow that one is a pain to get in and out of the frame!

I just used 70% rubbing alcohol and q-tips.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Next time, just spray a little cleaner/lubricant of your choice directly into the servo jackscrew housing. Easier, and eliminates the possibility of stripping/losing one of those itty bitty screws!

Goosky Legend S2
Goosky Legend S1
Smok1n is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasBlade450 View Post
BE CAREFUL! The stuff exits the nozzle in a GUSH!! Use tissue or cloth AROUND the servo to keep the spray from going onto other parts...although it PROBABLY won't harm anything....it IS messy!!
I noticed after my last cleaning with Deoxit that the nozzle is adjustable, there's markings on top of the can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in