Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob, you're dancing around the real meat of this thing. Get to the programing!

I have a couple of helis I need to set up right. For some reason I can't get one of the them to spool up. When I move the throttle stick up (in normal mode) the ESC enters programming mode. So, I've got something screwed up.

The other heli I have flown with this radio is fine except I need to figure out how to get throttle hold to work in idle up 1 and 2.

Thanks!
JoeR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post

Thanks!

Give Bob a break.. He needs to sit down and study the radio b4 he can product a useful video.. We are lucky that Bob does take the time to research, understand and ask questions of the supplier..etc so we go get accurate information. All of Bob videos that I have watched have been great and Im sure he will do a great job of explaining the A9..
Just be patient.

If you want your questions answered i suggest you post them in the Hitec Forum on here or visit rcuniverse and post in the Radios-Hitec section and im sure Mike will help you out..
Geffect is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I have a couple of helis I need to set up right. For some reason I can't get one of the them to spool up. When I move the throttle stick up (in normal mode) the ESC enters programming mode. So, I've got something screwed up.

The other heli I have flown with this radio is fine except I need to figure out how to get throttle hold to work in idle up 1 and 2.

Thanks!
The servo monitor page will serve you well here and in addition, throttle hold is not supposed to work in idle up 1 or 2.

TM
TMoore is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Thanks!
Joe:

I case you missed something, Bob does this for FREE.

If you can't wait, call Hitec or HIRE somebody.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Guys, relax. I assume Bob does this for next to nothing (perhaps just the freebies?) So, I'm just teasing - kind of. Since I heard that Bob was going to do a video series on the Aurora 9 I've been eagerly waiting for his insight on programing. Because he keeps posting these videos about things that are not essential (in my opinion) I feel like he's teasing us. And I want to get my Protos in the air - not on 72mhz.

No offense Bob! I appreciate your contribution to this hobby, especially for us that need that extra assistance.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Typo on the last video you posted Bob..
Should be: http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...upgrading1.wmv

Instead of .wmvv
DarkTherapy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore View Post
The servo monitor page will serve you well here and in addition, throttle hold is not supposed to work in idle up 1 or 2.

TM
Thanks for the tips. I'd not gotten into the servo monitor menu. I am seeing interesting things in the throttle channel (I moved it to channel 6 for better wire management with the position of the receiver on the Protos). I'll have to track that down.

Regarding throttle hold- With my old radio (Hitec Eclipse) I used throttle hold (on a switch) to shut off the throttle quickly or as a safety when putting the canopy on or carrying a ready to fly heli to the flight line. So I have two position switch that gives me "hold" or (normal?) and then a 3 position switch for normal, idle 1, and idle 2. I want the "hold" 2 position switch to override the 3 position switch but its not working. Is there a more accepted way this is done?

Thanks again.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

In Flight condition menu, conditions down the list have higher priority. Move the hold-condition to last in the list.
Like this:
1. Normal
2. Idle up-1
3. Idle up-2
4. Hold
Medi8or is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob- Once again, thanks for all your efforts on this. A couple of things in the second video... you can now tap on the model name prior to selecting "yes" or "no" to transmit to change to the model select menu if the wrong one is active at start up. Also you don't need to power cycle the radio if you're not transmitting, just push and hold the frequency icon for 2 seconds and it will go to the transmit screen.

Keep up the good work... YOU DA MAN!!!

Mike.
Mike Mayberry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medi8or View Post
In Flight condition menu, conditions down the list have higher priority. Move the hold-condition to last in the list.
Like this:
1. Normal
2. Idle up-1
3. Idle up-2
4. Hold
Thanks for your help. I did have that at one time not sure when I changed it. Now its working like it should.

Also, I figured out the throttle issue. I must have reversed the channel when I had the pitch servo on CH6 before moving the throttle there. Now, from the servo monitor screen it appears it will work. I hadn't used the servo monitor screen before. Its handy. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Guys, relax. I assume Bob does this for next to nothing (perhaps just the freebies?) So, I'm just teasing - kind of. Since I heard that Bob was going to do a video series on the Aurora 9 I've been eagerly waiting for his insight on programing. Because he keeps posting these videos about things that are not essential (in my opinion) I feel like he's teasing us. And I want to get my Protos in the air - not on 72mhz.

No offense Bob! I appreciate your contribution to this hobby, especially for us that need that extra assistance.
He does this because he is thorough and complete in every aspect of his video creation. Otherwise how many people out there would be posting or sending him pm's on how to do the firmware updates on the hardware?

There are certain topics I too would like to see, but I know he will go over them in do time.He has a method and it is to cover the product completely inside and out.
ericm7030 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Guys, relax. I assume Bob does this for next to nothing (perhaps just the freebies?) So, I'm just teasing - kind of. S

Sorry, JoeR for the misunderstanding:o. Its hard to tell when someone is teasing, joking around if they dont use emots..i.e

Hope you get your issues sorted soon..
Cheers
G
Old 07-11-2010, 08:26 AM   #153 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I fixed the broken link. Bob is at the Miramar FF this weekend having fun and probably..... can you guess.... shooting video!!! He will be home today I think.

Software upgradable radios rule.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #154 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sorry for the broken link guys. I posted it very late Friday night and as Will said I was at the Miramar FF all day yesterday.. Thanks for fixing the link Will

Hey Mike..... Bad habits of turning on and off... I know about the transmit thing and showed that in my general menu overview Just forgot about it while shooting this video

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking Over 30 crew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Sorry for the broken link guys. I posted it very late Friday night and as Will said I was at the Miramar FF all day yesterday.. Thanks for fixing the link Will

Hey Mike..... Bad habits of turning on and off... I know about the transmit thing and showed that in my general menu overview Just forgot about it while shooting this video

Bob
Good Thing Will is looking out for you you....next it will be forgetting to zip your zipper up, soon thereafter it will be forgetting to zip your zipper down, the rest all Depends! Welcome to joining the over 30 something! Kevin is right behind us!
jimheliboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Update

Hey guys the new update is ready just updated my radio receiver and mod went really good
tomrinkevich is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrinkevich View Post
Hey guys the new update is ready just updated my radio receiver and mod went really good
Thanks for the heads up. Just updated all of my stuff. Worked slick as can be...I'm loving this radio more and more all the time.
ericm7030 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a quick tip if you are updating your A9..

If you get a 'run-time error' when attempting to open the HPP-22 software or after selecting one of the update options from the menu, try running the HPP-22 software as adminstrator. This should fix the problem.

I ran into this error when updating the Spectra module. The Tx and Rx updated without any problems.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #159 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes I mentioned that in my video to right click and run as administrator especially in Win7 64 bit. You might also need to do this just to install the software.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aurora 9 Updates

Did every one do there up date and if so how did it go i updated mine and didn't have any problems things went good for me how about every one else?
tomrinkevich is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in