Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2015, 05:49 AM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heat Problem??

My nano has been flying superb and just got Oversky 200mah batteries.

I have them on timer for 3 mins which consumes around 100mah.

They have had about 20 cycles now, but I just had low voltage on one and one cut out completely in flight.

The only noticeable difference is the weather has got quite hot and windy and now the batteries come down quite warm. Could this be the problem? I know the cold weather is equally a killer. I guess windy conditions will make both the motors work harder too.

I had to replace one FET last week on my ESC. Could another one be on its way out?

The tail motor is new and all my wiring and solder joints are new and perfect.

Head spins smooth. Motor is about 120 flights old.

Any thoughts please?

Cheers...

Last edited by nickyd; 06-04-2015 at 06:30 AM..
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 06:23 AM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Tri-flow works great on the BL nano motor. I use to use it all the time.

Run a flat 65% TC in normal, 70% in IU1 and 78% in IU2. Adjust your pitch travel to 85% and you'll be good to go.The stock tail length/motor will work just fine with a mild set-up. Most who have problems with a stock length tail have other factors, i.e. bad setup or vibrations, contributing to their dilemma.
Why are you using such a low tc? My pc is around 88 but i like v throttle curve but only on this heli only.
rosebomb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebomb View Post
Why are you using such a low tc? My pc is around 88 but i like v throttle curve but only on this heli only.
When I use to do conversions, those are the flat throttle curves I would recommend as I wouldn't know if the owner was an experienced pilot or not. 65% on the low end and 78% for the limits of the 13,500 Kv brushless motor. The motor can only produce so much and a flat throttle curve over the upper 70 percentile is really not gaining anything. Now the 16,600 Kv motor is good to the mid to upper 80's.

Also, running a V throttle curve is only beneficial if the ESC, flashed with the BLHeli code, is set to ARM mode. If not, the V throttle curve confuses the governor because it tries to keep the governed head speed at a changing target rate. Best to run flat throttle curves in GOV mode which is default when the ESC is flashed.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:15 PM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks

Big thanks to Paul... Pjacq. For the new ESC.
I'd been having some issues and he sent me a new ESC..,for free. What a top guy.
All is perfect now and thanks again.
Anyone on the fence? Get this setup. It's perfect .
Old 06-17-2015, 03:17 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default dr

After fitting new ESC I upped my AIL and ELEV DR from 75% to 90% after a couple of flights. Flips and rolls much better.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:34 AM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I doubled up the FETs on the ESC and all I can say is WOW!! So much more torque. An upgrade I would highly recommend to all ...
Old 07-01-2015, 07:39 AM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im looking for a brushless kit and realized i dont want the HH version. everything else is sold out. Pjacq told me he had one but i havent heard back after a few emails. anyone have any suggestions or have a kit in good condition they want to sell? looking for a mild setup, thanks
kuzmick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

I share you sentiment. Right now it does not seem that there are any kits around.

Mostly it seems that a DIY adventure is the only alternative at this point in time.

It would be great if there was a double brushless outrunner kit available. It would probably sell like hot cakes!
firekat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 AM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat View Post
I share you sentiment. Right now it does not seem that there are any kits around.

Mostly it seems that a DIY adventure is the only alternative at this point in time.

It would be great if there was a double brushless outrunner kit available. It would probably sell like hot cakes!
All the components you will need can usually be found here...

www.megasmicros.com

Trouble is...with the nCPX 3n1's being so fragile, few are willing to invest in an outrunner setup...so the suppliers don't stock very many at a time
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in