Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 If something is dangerous it must be sorted out on the fast track. It's not even a quality or design issue - you can't make/sell a product that is not safe. You will (in the least) kill your credability, nevermind the liability. In most places toys that injure people are not tolerated. These are toys after all (at least the smaller helis), not tools with inherant dangers (saws for example).

Dosen't compare to poor left turns, TBO or other quirks. I think blade should address the MSRX / 130X issues for sure, but a recall is a bit exaggerated. Maybe new tail sets ups (if they make one) for receipt holding owners, but I wouldn't hold my breath. More likely a V2 in a few months or a year.

The MSRX in particular is a programming issue and should be easy enough to fix for a V2, no redesign is needed, the assembly line particulars would not have to change either. The 130X, not so simple I'm guessing.

As for bitching about product faillings, if these issues were not reported by the end user, nothing would ever get fixed, because fixing things costs companies money. If these helis were S.C.U.B.A gear, car brakes or a crash cart in a hospital would you advocate just keeping your mouth shut and working your way around faulty equipment?

Not likely.

Why not hold all manufacturers to a decent standard? For every negative comment there are many more who agree and who say nothing. Look at the number of views of posts pertaining to some of these issues, if you don't think people are interested / looking for a fix.

Talesin is not wrong in what he is saying, he's technically right, but he's just a bit more pissed off than the rest of us it would seem.
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Less at the helis (I can write off the one I bought, and hold off on picking up a 130X until the tail is sorted, natch) and more at the people who respond to valid criticisms with 'OMFG JUST SHUT UP!!! IT'S FINE!!' or 'u r bad pilot lolololololol'.

Mostly as they crop up constantly. I can understand being defensive about something that cost money. As I've said a few times, I was defensive about the mSRX for a few months myself, before I sat down and looked at it, and finally admitted that it just wasn't right.

The only reason I'd mentioned them in this thread at all was to caution anyone who doesn't have money to toss at an unknown quantity that Blade are known more for their initial-release misses than their hits.. and they've had some real stinkers.

I still fly Blade primarily. I like the helis. I catch the same crap from Align Guys that just about everyone here does. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to ignore a problem, when there actually is one, or make excuses.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

A little off topic you guys got... Just wanted to point that out.

Most likely with the first production models there will be SOMETHING wrong with SOME of them. That's with all helis! Align with their 250 tail blowing up, compass with that... It all happens! But the problems WILL be fixed or solved! Thy can't help some of problems. But it really is a GOOD bird. Like a brushless MCPX.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sure is a lot wrong with a heli that has not even been released yet... On a side note I think I want one.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see the handwringers have arrived!

They float around waiting for a new HH product to come out, nothing else to do it seems. They delight in telling you how they suffered with some older product.

It's the same guys. I have seen them on the mCPX, 300X, and 130X forums, telling me how they are glad they aren't buying this new heli.

In the meantime, the rest of us are having fun.

One thing you learn, no heli remains perfect. You are going to have to plan to something, if you intend to keep it flying. Some are better than others of course.

The HH brand (at least the recent ones) are making HH a fortune--and it isn't because no one can fly them!
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahn View Post
One thing you learn, no heli remains perfect. You are going to have to plan to something, if you intend to keep it flying.
This. I remember when I first started flying helis I was reluctant to mod and upgrade, thought the heli should remain as it was designed to fly properly. Once I got over that and started modding and upgrading it changed everything
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do hope that this nCPx will be what we all want

If you weren't happy with the way the msrx flys, I would wait until user reviews on the nCPx, The msrx does have odd software shown up in piros in hover, most of us fly around it. It does really bother some. I'm sure that this software "feature" was needed due to low weight (rotating mass) and possibly lower head speed, hopefully being a cp, then then nCPx will have higher headspeed and won't have this problem

Regarding the launch of the mcpx and 130x, they were very different

Both highly anticipated

Mcpx
Total sell out for weeks, instantly universally loved on forums (OK 99% loved) then after a few days some were slinging main blades, then came the usual fighting on forums between those that had and didn't have problems
Most of us fitted some kind of grip retainer, HH did the B grip upgrade
Then came a steady stream of comments about tail blowout/head bogging

130X
Anticipated but not a sell out, I think lots were waiting to see how durable and reliable it was
On the first day there were some positive comments, but loads about tail vibes and then a few about tail blades flying off and pitch sliders breaking
After a day or so, loads off comments about gears stripping
The 130X problems were much harder to pin point and keep on top of

I have most blade heli's under 450 size, I think the 130X is great, but requires far more set up and maintenance than any other heli in the blade range

Everybody's results will vary and that is down to the variable quality of the parts
My 130X developed bad tail vibes when I swapped the tail shaft
One of my mcpx's flew like a pig on very slightly different TX settings - amazing how different it felt
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There's a lot of sensible arguments here, and I'm sure we can all understand some people's frustration.

But this is a tread about the new nano, let's stick to that!

In all fairness: Want to warm newbies against the mSRx >> start a tread in the mSRx forum

This one as I see it is mainly just a slightly smaller and MUCH lighter mCPx - which I really cannot praise enough, one of the best and most innovative RC helis of all time!

My thoughts as to why HH is in such a hurry: They are a commercial business company, in it's full right to try and make profit. They must have huge R&D and initial production costs. Yes you can apply for patents, but copies will hit the market anyway. The best way is to be early and "capture" most of the market. If they spent 1-2 more years testing then 1/2 priced clones would be out BEFORE release = no sales = loss = no more cool new products

And now look at the Hisky and Turnigy clones... no good! HH have done a lot of things very right here. I think they deserve more positive feedback then negative!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

...quarter cyclic on a 90 degree...

I was not aware that this was that bad. On turning the heli slowly around you need small pulses on the cyclic - that´s it.

I love the american way of launching products. Better 80% finished than to late on the market....
RogerRabit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRabit View Post
I love the american way of launching products. Better 80% finished than to late on the market....
I almost took offense to this, but then I noticed you're from Germany and the guy in this video says the Germans make good stuff. If we can't trust him, who can we trust!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwRISkyV_B8&feature=player_detailpage#t=25 s[/ame]

By the way the engineering is done here in the states but manufacturing is done in China. Most issues appear to be compound failure of both.

Citlzen #006 • Blade 360 CFX • Goblin 500 • Blade 700X
lkagan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I almost took offense to this, but then I noticed you're from Germany and the guy in this video says the Germans make good stuff. If we can't trust him, who can we trust!
Fully OT: just ordered a set of ShamWow! (I should close my PayPal account and STOP hitting that BuyNow button!!)
Old 09-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
Fully OT: just ordered a set of ShamWow! (I should close my PayPal account and STOP hitting that BuyNow button!!)
It's a disease for sure! We should found the "Anonymous Addicted Ebayer Group"...

-those ShamWows look good though!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #233 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratvader View Post
Wow.... Sigh..... Gotta go make room in the hanger...
Not much more room!

I know I am a bit late to the thread but... It's still funny.
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic View Post
Not much more room!

I know I am a bit late to the thread but... It's still funny.
Yes, very funny! Suffice it to say, the Nano would fit entirely inside some of the great big heli's canopies, even with all the goodies already in there!

R
Hail, Satan!!
rcav8or is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #235 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcav8or View Post
Yes, very funny! Suffice it to say, the Nano would fit entirely inside some of the great big heli's canopies, even with all the goodies already in there!

R
Haha yep!
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Blade, any chance there's going to be a smaller Nano?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
or a brushless one...
Raddish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddish View Post
or a brushless one...
Actually, I have it on VERY good authority, that the Nano will not be available, at all, very soon...

That's because I now own one,and I really, really like it!!

Horizon Hobby and I go back a LONG ways, and virtually every single plane I fell in love with, that I was certain I would buy another one of, they've discontinued, very quickly...

Unfortunately, I flew my Nano last night, for the first time, and I'm in love!!

So, say goodbye to the Nano....

R
Hail, Satan!!
rcav8or is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #239 (permalink)

Default New product - Blade nano cpx?

LOL. Smaller than a nano. A pico cp x?

You'll need will good mechanics skills to work on it. Because you breath on it wrong, and your settings will be thrown off.

Too many guys fat fingering while working on the nano as it is.

That said, anybody see that HiSky now has the following Heli sizes:

FBL100
FBL90
FBL80
FBL70

I wonder how the 70 will fly. Not certain if it's lighter than the Nano. My Wild brushless Nano currently weighs 25.9g. And that's with a bunch of reinforcement and square boom mod.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2021, 02:06 AM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has been a while ago...

At least the NanoCPx was pure, board didn't have too many electronic components on it and the As3x mode was pure.

A good beginner trainer to make the big jump to 450+ heli models later.

From this thread: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...41#post8333941

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebee View Post
...I have been trying to keep a micro-heli in the air for decades now. When I see one of your better boards go out the window, I won't have it. The nano CPS board and frame are excellent pieces of the nano line- up. The fbl board is crisp in action and doesn't have a mushy spot in the middle. It has safe which is good for those moments when you are not at your best. What I like best about the board, it's simple and doesn't have the bind problems that s2 and cpx have. Last but not least it doesn't have the numerous modes and difficult programming of the later models. It's a no nonsense board. I hope you consider my point of view.
Orangebee
The NanoCpx board did have bind problems??

Had used two boards but they always bound with the Dx8G1 (silver) TX just fine.

The main issue was more with the LVC (cut off in flight, not so good flight times,... immediately broken when it fell over sideways on a small trial path on spool up...) and the crappy NanoCpx brushed main motor.

Should probably have used 220mah 45C lipos - like on the Inductrix (Brainergy) - but only used standard 160mah when I got started (more like 25c lipos).
I heard most later Safe boards are more troublesome?!? ...some out of the box also occasionally affecting agility/3D mode?

Thanks god I gave it away and sold all parts and replaced it two years ago with a Xk K110.
So much more fun and I don't even have flashed the BlHeli firmware onto the external Esc, not yet (solder pads are too small).
But I don't fly it indoors...

Main motor has much more power, finally I can feel differences in three throttle curves, no LVC issues,...

The XK plastic also is IMHO much better in general including frame, canopy pins or landing legs.

No need for headaches and having to trouble through Blade electronic issues or fast broken plastic parts.

..(...)..

But I am thankful really that HH Germany replaced one Nano board for free with a dealer Rma when the Nanocpx gyro went bad.
Saved me one gym season back in 2012/13.

Those were the better days I guess...

Now you need to be extra cautious if you want to maiden a Bnf heli or directly send it back out of the box.

Thankfully we have a HH dealer so I can do a lot of extra checks BEFORE I put any money onto the desk.

May not save you if the board or motor goes bad 8-20 flights later.

So much has changed since 2015...(investor changes late 2013).

......cost me two 200qx models...one (Esc) is still broken.
Grilled Mosfets and Smd resistor.
Grounded forever. So much money wasted.

With XK I thankfully can buy more affordable electronic spares and still be in business for a long time.

------------------------

Lesson learned:

Don't buy any proprietary electronics which can't be replaced easily individually without burning holes into the pocket.

I didn't fly the CPS or S2/3, sorry.

The 200qx missed an extra quad flight mode to get it back more easily instead of flying away when you lost sight and pressed the wrong nick buttons (back vs front).

I wish I could find more easily the K110 in high grass without having to search 30-90 minutes for it (motor Beacon interval from BLheli definitely would help).
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in