Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello all :)

Hi, My name is Maikel and I'm from the Netherlands.

After about a year of toying around with various rc cars I just recently discovered this wonderful hobby!
Decided to skip the 3ch coax and started off with a Hype Funfly
(4ch FP micro sized Solo Pro/Trex100 clone )
Loving the little thing to death!

I'd really like to fly outside though, so I'm actively searching for my next heli.
Thinking about a Blade 130x, SR, 300x or even a 450

I do realise these are all CP but I am willing to learn the hard way.
Besides, already got the Phoenix RC 4 simulator and practising every day.

Thanks for reading all this, this actually is my first post EVER
entrapped89 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello all

Welcome, I'm also new but not as new. I got out of the heli's for a couple years and now back into it. If you read a bunch of post you'll learn a bunch. I had the coax and bought an msr, and then an sr. Sold the SR because I wasn't ready and didn't like spending $40 to 60 dollars every time I messed up. The 130X is not perfect either but I guess when lined out its great. Before you jump off the CP bridge buy you a good transmitter like at least a Spektrum D6I. Not having a D6 is like driving a race car without a steering wheel. Anyway, enjoy the fun.
garagedude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Question

Searching the forums I did find some very good tips, tricks and DONT'S

Leaning towards the mCP X and/or the 130x as a 'trainer' and thinking of maybe building a 450 kit at the same time to prepare me for the (re)building aspect of the hobby.
Also buying a DX6i or better for both the sim and the heli(s).

Now I do have a question I haven't seen in a thread (so far)...

Everyone and their mom/dog is recommending the mCP X because 'you can fly anything if you can fly those'. I am really trying to wrap my head around that.. how can I fly a ,say, 450 size heli if I'm only used to flying a super small, twitchy and way less powerful 100 size ultra micro CP? Does the mCP X need as much cyclic corrections to hold it steady in a hover?
Because to me the mCP X in Phoenix is soooo much easier to control than the 450 3D..

Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks in advance
entrapped89 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in