Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 05:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CP II. 2 set-up tips learned

For what it's worth to someone, I'm passing along a couple of things learned in setting up a cp II .
1. I have mine set up with a switch, used only for emergency recovery. I noticed when first setting up the system that when I put the heli in a hard left bank, then hitting the switch, it would ' SNAP ' back to level very quickly. That's good ! However, when I put it in a hard right
bank it would come back much more slowly. So, I looked at the servo movement screen on my DX7s ( the dx6i and dx7 have a screen also ) and found that the movement of the airleron was not the same in both directions. It was somewhat less for left airleron than for the right. This because I used sub trim for initially setting up the servo's for the arms to be at 90 deg. when first setting up the heli . Anyway, I increased SERVO TRAVEL for left airleron to 120 % ,staying at 100 % for right airleron, and now it ' SNAPS ' back to level exactly the same. Left or right bank ! This would be true for elavator also.

2. I use my cp II for emergency recovery only. But in setting up a cp II for a friend, he wanted to leave the copilot on, all the time, which is fine, it's designed to do that. Now the manual and sticky tell you to adjust gains and stick priority to get the correct feel and amout of control of the copilot you may want, and this is true and works. However, the heli still level's itself very quickly, almost SNAPPING TO LEVEL . Now my friend only has a switch, no slider or knob on the xmitter, so what we did is lower the SERVO TRAVEL to 80 % on the copilot
IR controller in the preference screen. Wow, what a difference ! Now the heli goes back to level in pitch or roll, very, VERY, SMOOTHLY ! For flying around and doing some aerobatics, it seems to be quick enough, but close to the ground flying, you may want that ' SNAP ' back to level.

Hope this post may help someone !

Roger
ROGER G is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in