Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Velocity 90 aluminum tail rod guides?

I have been looking all over. Does any one know of any aluminum tail rod guides that will fit and work on the velocity 90? I seen a video of Lukas Riva flying one with aluminum rod guides so I know they are out there? Just where? I know the Align N tail boom is a larger diameter than the Velocity 90 so far. The T-Rex 700 rod guides, I have eliminated. My Velocity rod guides are brittle and strip easily. I have put CA and washers in the screw holes to no help Any help or info would be great?
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

No body knows? OK guy's at least look here is the video look at the tail rod guides. They look like aluminum to me? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DqksEoDR8[/ame] OK I think he is using these? http://www.experiencerc.com/store/ly...-c-p-5938.html I measured my tail boom OD diameter and got around 21MM so I think these will work as the Velocity 50 boom has the same OD as the 90? Wish me luck!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm pretty sure those are the ones for the 50. They were used out of necessity due to the original ones breaking too easy. The new one are much thicker and more robust. The only issue you may encounter is the 90's push rod rides further away from the boom than the 50's. As you can see in the video it is doable.
p00rboi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK thanks for the heads up my rod guides are very brittle. I had four on the first hard flight I broke the one closest to the tail rotor. My new concern is with the V2 tail if the have made a more robust tail boom it might have a larger OD than the original? If it is as you say than the new boom will come with new rod guides SWEET!
Old 10-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There are newer v1 tail push rod supports out that are made from thicker more durable material. The new v2 tail boom has a larger diameter and comes with redesigned push rod supports.
p00rboi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome! I can't waite to get them both. I put 6 hard flights on her yesterday at a local fun fly. The 1ST flight my muffler came loose. The 2ND flight I lost one of my tail boom support bolts. LOL, Of course I took the muffler bolts cleaned them then re-lock tightened them. I replaced the lost boom support bolt and lock tightened the crap out if it. Then the rest of the day was nothing but some sweet fun flying. It's kinda weird these things came loose my Velocity looks very smooth and vibration free in the air. It's also one of the quietest helicopter drive trains I have ever heard. I'm loving it! It flys like a guided missile it goes right where I want it to go with no hesitation. I'm keeping it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in