Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sad to hear this will be a lesson you soon won't forget That's a tough pill to take.

I recall the sensor has the serial number on it. I recall you said the sensor still worked.

You should be able to get the sn off the sensor using another vbar box.

You can buy a replacement vbar unit and pair it up with the original working sensor.

I'm sure if you sent an email to mikado they would let you get the proper software back onto the replament unit.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty View Post
Sad to hear this will be a lesson you soon won't forget That's a tough pill to take.

I recall the sensor has the serial number on it. I recall you said the sensor still worked.

You should be able to get the sn off the sensor using another vbar box.

You can buy a replacement vbar unit and pair it up with the original working sensor.

I'm sure if you sent an email to mikado they would let you get the proper software back onto the replament unit.

Martin
Martin you are correct this is a mistake that I will never make again and it is very bitter to swallow.

I have already spoken to Rich at Ready Heli and he is great, he sold me a new unit and is going to help with Mikado to get the XXTREME software downloaded onto the unit. He was very understanding about the mistake and very willing to help out with bringing me down off the roof before I jumped.

This is just one of the reasons why I am a loyal Ready Heli / Mikado customer. I'm not sure if the original unit can be repaired but I will probably send it back and see. If it works out I'll have a spare unit. I may pull the 8717s off of my 600SE so that I can maiden the XXTREME this weekend, then I'll do a tear down maintenance on the SE.

Of course the first thing I did was change the wiring on the BEC.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliRush View Post
Well it appears all 3 of the brand new 8917HVs are also cooked. I just finished testing all three and there are no signs of life.

On a positive note the Savox HV tail servo seems to be working fine along with the VBar sensor.

Looks like I have three HV cyclic servos to get before the maiden flight so guess I need to see what can be put in the classifieds to off set the cost because I'm sure not gonna tell the wife about this one. A $100.00 mistake she'd possibly understand but $450.00... um... yea I'm not telling' her.
Ouch! That is tuff to swallow :-(

My .02 cents:

I would still be suspect of the tail servo, at this point if it were my bird, I would move the tail servo into a different heli, and run a brand new tail servo in the Xxtreme. The 800 is a monster and If it were mine I would sleep better knowing all the servos were new.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
bloftin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

G'day HeliRush,

Did the same thing to my Vbar control unit on my Xxtreme trying to get a battery voltage for my telemetry unit off the wrong pack.

You will need to send Mikado an email with the old vbar s/n and the new vbar s/n. Mikado can swap the Xxtreme Pro software licence over to your new unit. I don't recall the s/n being written on the sensor so you need to plug in your new unit to the software to get its s/n.

Luckily, I only fried this one component. It's of small consolation as I now have other weird electrical problems with my Xxtreme. Those that are registered on the Xxtreme Vstabi forum can view videos over there.

Like you, this mistake wont happen to me again, I hope.
Jays200 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Huh.Good i read all this today.I am finishing my Xxtreme for saturdays maiden and thanks god i read this.I will wire my wr bec straight to 14s .thanks guys.
matrosek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrosek View Post
I will wire my wr bec straight to 14s .thanks guys.
You dont have to do so Jan, you can wire it to 7S, if you put the grounds together. Eg, black lead on esc should also be black lead on the BEC.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is the right way to go for; simply solder an additional lead plus connector to both plus and minus on the ESC connectors and run this to the Super Hercules Bec. Keep it simple stupid
I have the Bec on 8.4 v and no problems with the Futuba HV servo´s. Works flauwless.

Belgo

Keep it simple stupid
belgoheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run WR Bec off 14s on mine, running JR8717's on 8.4v so that works too.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgoheli View Post
That is the right way to go for; simply solder an additional lead plus connector to both plus and minus on the ESC connectors and run this to the Super Hercules Bec. Keep it simple stupid
I have the Bec on 8.4 v and no problems with the Futuba HV servo´s. Works flauwless.

Belgo

Keep it simple stupid
P.M. And I was referring to connecting on 14S
belgoheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run WR Bec off 14s on mine, running JR8717's on 8.4v so that works too.

yes..thats what i am going to do
matrosek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote, "...WR Bec off 14s on mine, running JR8717's on 8.4v so that works too."

Kyle ran his XXtremes all of 2011 with the above set-up, and never an issue. Still using it today.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 05:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rewired my BEC and went 14s which is what I should have done initially, no more over thinking.

The new VBar unit should be here today so I'll plug it in to see if Rich was able to get the XXTREME software put on it, if not I'll contact Mikado and see what happens. I was never able to get the serial number off of the original unit so hopefully there won't be any issues.

I spoke to Horizon and told them what I did, he seemed a bit surprised that I was being honest about it. He told me to send them in to the service center explain what happened and the fact that they were brand new along with the receipt from purchase and they may decide to warranty them anyway. I have my fingers crossed but we'll see what happens.

Waiting to see if I hear from Horizon today, they received the servos yesterday, before I pull the 8717s off of the 600SE and do a tear down maintenance on it so that I can maiden the XXTREME. I have had this Heli for two months it's time to get it in the air.

Bloftin brings up a good point about the tail servo which does seem to be working fine for now. Should I trust that the servo is good which it appears to be, is there any other way to test the servo other than plugging it in and running it through cycles? Do you guys think I should just replace it? (ouch again)

Thanks for all the help folks
Old 04-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its enabled for XX on the vbar, im certain
Old 04-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sent in my fried Vbar to a)find out what was wrong with it and b) to see if it was economical to get it fixed. Here's the answers. Needless to say I asked Daniel to throw it in the rubbish bin.

Hello Jayson,

I have received your VBar main unit.

There is a conductor path burned on the board for the power supply. I would recommend to replace this board.

I can offer you a new main unit for 100 EUR. Please let me know if you want this offer.

If you want it, you can send the amount via Paypal to Paypalaccount: info@mikado-heli.de

Just let me know.

Viele Grüße

Daniel Simmering

MIKADO-Service

--------------------------------
MIKADO Model Helicopters GmbH

Friedrich-Klausing-Str. 2
14469 Potsdam
Germany
phone: +49 331 23749-0
fax: +49 331 23749-11
http://www.mikado-heli.de

BTW, I'm still having "issues" with my heli and have only had 5.8 good flights. I've replaced everything except the motor and servos. It looks good on the shelf but is very frustrating watching my mates flying their new Whip[lash and Goblin helis.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all, thanks to everyone for the help and the advise

Mr Mel thanks to you and everyone at Mikado and Ready Heli

Now for an update on the servos:

I got a call from Horizon today, spoke to Chad, he started the conversation with "I guess you know why I'm calling"? I told him that I did and asked for the verdict. He asked me to tell him what happened and I told him exactly what I had done and that I just plain screwed up.

Chad told me that "you wouldn't believe how many people do this exact thing and try to pass it off as if the part was defective instead of just admitting that they had made a mistake". He said he knew there was quite a bit of voltage that went through the servos because it blew a leg completely off the chip inside them.

This is the part that's important:

He said that he could replace the board inside the servo but with that much voltage there is really no telling what else was damaged. He told me that the repair would be $50.00 per servo, then he said that because I was honest with them, the fact that the servos were brand new and that I didn't try to insult their intelligence he was going to just replace each servo with a brand new one for the cost that the repairs would be.

I guess that this shows that honesty is truly the best policy.

This also shows just how many great people there are in this hobby. I made a mistake that could have been very costly but instead, although still expensive it is manageable.

Last edited by HeliRush; 04-27-2012 at 05:51 AM..
HeliRush is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on above.

I have had great support from Mikado and the Australian Mikado distributor, PerthRC (Wholesale division).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in