Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Compass-USA Sponsored Warp 360 Build Thread w/ link to Manual

Fantastic detailed build thread. Love the details and photos. Learned quite some things in this. Is a lot of work I can imagine, but MUCH appreciated.

Regards,
Merg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
merg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you! I'm happy you enjoyed the thread!

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scott
Thanks for the tutorial.
Just finish my build.
Best tutorial ever! Congratulations.

Except for the motor sounding like a raccoon screaming to defend their young, in few seconds while spooling up, everything was perfect on the kit.

On your tutorial, in some steps, you told "compass should thing about send this part assembled already" (or something like this, like that spring on tail). I have good news. All parts you told that (I think was two or three steps) came assembled by factory already. So, they heard you!

About some missing screws or washers or tiny spacers, they heard the complains too. They sent an extra bag full of screws with those common missing parts, without weigh or step marked in the bag.... So, plenty of screws left.

They fixed that bag you said "no weigh here" too.... Mine came marked.

Only thing I had to do different from the tutorial (and you mention that) is about the tail carbon rod. Had to trim a little bit (around 4mm) to get the perfect 90 degrees and those positive pitch on tail. I did not trim the rod itself and went to 2mm for each ball links. Lets see if will handle. :p

Thanks for the tutorial.
Will maid to diagnose any problems.
w4llet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great! I'm glad you enjoyed the thread! Thank you for the compliments!

Scolt

Old 04-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question New motor can replacement

Hi anyone can help me with the instructions and if there are photos to guide me with on motor can replacement?
[TDR 1x 800 1x Speed] [Prôtos Max V2] [Kasama Dune] [Outrage Fusion 50 6HV head] [Prôtos 500] [Outrage G5] [SAB Goblin 380] [Mini Prôtos (Stretched)] [Warp 360] [vWinRC 450T (Stretched)] [FBLs 3Sx, Spirit, vBar, BeastX; mCPX BL; DX9]
SN1975 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Belt Tensioner Assembly was wrong - then changed.

Maybe someone has already noticed this...

But in in dunkonu's (excellent) picture odyssey - he presents an incorrect belt tensioner assembly in Post #9, the 10'th picture.

And then in Post #13, the 6'th picture - the same assembly has been quietly revised. There was no explanation for the change.

The first picture, is not the same as shown in the assembly manual.
The second picture, does agree with the assembly manual.

I was following this pictorial essay closely and ended up with an assembly identical to that of the the first picture (i.e. Msg 9, pic 10). However, try as I may, there is no way to properly install that assembly on the left frame.
The centre bearing is on the wrong side of the mount!

All sorts of other posts have complained how the assembly manual was full of errors and needed updating - so I had perhaps made myself mentally blind to the discrepancy between dunkonu's pictures and the assembly manual.

I thought others would like to know about this problem. So they might avoid my mistake.
SoftShell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I made A LOT of mistakes during the early part of this build primarily because I was really sick. Somewhere in this forum you can find the original thread where people, like you, kindly point out my errors. Some have apparently made it through the editing process to this sticky--for that I apologize.

Scott

Old 05-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #48 (permalink)

My HF Map location

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=475128
Old 01-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey,

Great thread! Just ordered my warp and I will be using this along side the manual! Awesome!!!
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
Swedishe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #50 (permalink)

Default ESC setup query + servo option

I am thinking seriously of a Warp after looking over this excellent build demo. As a fairly tame Mini Protos flyer, it looks like the Warp would be within my range of capability -- a step up, but still a quiet, steady air-bird. As in the build, I also favor the AR7200BX, and I would think the YGE an ideal ESC. But not having had one before, I don't know how to set governed rpm rates. With the Castle Lite 50 I have on my Mini Protos, specific rpm speeds are set via a computer program. I am aware the YGE setup is done with a program card -- but reading the YGE literature, it seems more like you set it with throttle percentages. How then do you tell what the rpm's are? It is all a bit unclear. And as a cheaper servo option, how would the KST DS215MG servos go with the Warp? ... that is, all round, cyclics and tail? I can get a full set of four for around $125 - $130.
kb1846 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1846 View Post
I am thinking seriously of a Warp after looking over this excellent build demo. As a fairly tame Mini Protos flyer, it looks like the Warp would be within my range of capability -- a step up, but still a quiet, steady air-bird. As in the build, I also favor the AR7200BX, and I would think the YGE an ideal ESC. But not having had one before, I don't know how to set governed rpm rates. With the Castle Lite 50 I have on my Mini Protos, specific rpm speeds are set via a computer program. I am aware the YGE setup is done with a program card -- but reading the YGE literature, it seems more like you set it with throttle percentages. How then do you tell what the rpm's are? It is all a bit unclear. And as a cheaper servo option, how would the KST DS215MG servos go with the Warp? ... that is, all round, cyclics and tail? I can get a full set of four for around $125 - $130.
Glad you are considering warp360, a very nice concept bird to fly. KST DS215MG is great for the warp all round. In fact IMHO, any 450 size heli, these servos are great. I personally have then in my warp since day one and so far I am really happy with them. I too have mks servos in my other 450s by the way just in case you are curious.

As for yge, well unless you have a tachometer, suggest you might want to fly around on a specific throttle based on you flying style till you are satisfied, then set the throttle % into the ESC. Remember the warp can handle unusually low head speeds for a 450.

My 2 cents worth.
[TDR 1x 800 1x Speed] [Prôtos Max V2] [Kasama Dune] [Outrage Fusion 50 6HV head] [Prôtos 500] [Outrage G5] [SAB Goblin 380] [Mini Prôtos (Stretched)] [Warp 360] [vWinRC 450T (Stretched)] [FBLs 3Sx, Spirit, vBar, BeastX; mCPX BL; DX9]
Old 06-21-2014, 09:36 PM   #52 (permalink)

Default Thanks ...

SN1975 -- Thanks for the reassuring advice. What range of headspeeds are ideal for general flying with the Warp? With a DX6i, ideally need one that is ok in calm conditions, one to cope with a bit of gusty wind that we often get in Melbourne. With the Mini P with 3S motor, I run 2750 rpm for most purposes, and on Pos. 1 it ramps up to 2900, same pitch curve for both, but a bit more agressive DR/Expo settings for the higher headspeed. I am in preparation stage looking at what I should get, but my bank balance won't let me take the leap yet. And it's winter here -- perfect time to be indoors doing the build. One other question -- most impressed with the RC Logger, first time I have seen how it works ... do you have the full Gauge one, or the Gauge Lite [$90 against $45]. I have an Align AP800. It is touchy, difficult to get the levels right, and the pitch and roll have to be done separately.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1846 View Post
SN1975 -- Thanks for the reassuring advice. What range of headspeeds are ideal for general flying with the Warp? With a DX6i, ideally need one that is ok in calm conditions, one to cope with a bit of gusty wind that we often get in Melbourne. With the Mini P with 3S motor, I run 2750 rpm for most purposes, and on Pos. 1 it ramps up to 2900, same pitch curve for both, but a bit more agressive DR/Expo settings for the higher headspeed. I am in preparation stage looking at what I should get, but my bank balance won't let me take the leap yet. And it's winter here -- perfect time to be indoors doing the build.
Ah Melbourne. Miss the place. Sorry a bit side tracked. Nostalgia (6 years there for education. Lol). Anyway 2800-3200 should be good. You see I never bother about headspeeds in 450 helis. I fly till I am happy with the feel and the time in the air. Anyway, warp is way heavier than your miniprotos, so with my knowledge of Melbourne, it will be able to take the wind.

The great thing about warp is its canopy. Very visible in the air which makes you feel like flying a bigger bird.

Like to share a photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	517454  
PassinThru likes this.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you like your mini p at 2750 I suggest the same HS for the Warp.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN1975 View Post
Ah Melbourne. Miss the place. Sorry a bit side tracked. Nostalgia (6 years there for education. Lol). Anyway 2800-3200 should be good. You see I never bother about headspeeds in 450 helis. I fly till I am happy with the feel and the time in the air. Anyway, warp is way heavier than your miniprotos, so with my knowledge of Melbourne, it will be able to take the wind.

The great thing about warp is its canopy. Very visible in the air which makes you feel like flying a bigger bird.

Like to share a photo.
Most encouraging, thanks. That is a great looking bird you have there.

My Mini P has had a bit of wear and I think the frame has become a bit stressed -- blades track, but when it is sitting on a level surface the end of one blade sits around 5mm higher than the other one. I think it is as a result of this [that it is not in exact alignment] that in flight it will tend to lose height and I have to keep giving it a little pump to avoid bouncing on the ground.

I also want one of the new ARF Mini P kits that Bill at MSH-Direct has on pre-order and might even get a new frame for the existing one to get it back into proper shape ... all this as well as the Warp ... all dependent upon something like a lottery win. But you have to hope and dream.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMarvin View Post
If you like your mini p at 2750 I suggest the same HS for the Warp.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I take it though the YGE does not give a specific rpm, just throttle percentages. In the Castle ESC on my Mini P, I set exact headspeeds. With the YGE, how do you tell what rpm you are setting?
Old 06-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
I made A LOT of mistakes during the early part of this build primarily because I was really sick. Somewhere in this forum you can find the original thread where people, like you, kindly point out my errors. Some have apparently made it through the editing process to this sticky--for that I apologize.

Scott
This thread has sold me on the Warp -- a curse upon you because I am now impatiently saving up to get one!!

See you using the RC Logger for pitch settings and roll. I have an Align AP800 and it is fiddly and difficult to achieve accurate settings. Do you have the full gauge Logger or the Gauge Lite [difference of $90 vs $45 in the cost]. Think I might put one in my ever-expanding wishlist.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the full logger. I love it. I won't use it for swash plate leveling as I prefer the standard tools.

A curse? So it's you! Y'all have great days and I'm happy you found this thread useful.

Scott

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in