Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Fury 55 "clicks & pops" Or whats wrong with the Fury 55

Now tha the Fury 55 has been out for a while, What issues are there with this heli, if any? I know there were a few teething problem early on, but that happens with anything "new". Have those early problems been taken care of? I thinking new heli and I considering the Hirobo SDX, Audicity Pantera and the Fury 55. That's quite a range of choices, but so far, those are the choices.
kenh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I can only compare it to T600, both are now FBL.
I bought the Fury as my last attempt at staying FB. It flew OK, but I did not like it as much as my T600 FBL. It always has been very smooth. The recent installation of Vbar Blue 5.0 has now made it my favorite heli.

Notes:
1) Mounting all of the electronics can be interesting, there is a post with pics for ideas.
2) They had a main shaft issue that has been resolved, the new shaft is solid, the old shaft was hollow.
3) There is a know vibe issue around 1800. I run it at 2100, so it has not been a problem.
4) The landing gear is like butter, a pro suggested the Align gear, it works out much better.
5) They offer a bottom CF support that does not come in the kit. I installed it from the start as others had posted that they broke the frames on hard hits without it.
6) I converted the FB head to FBL for $30 worth of RJX parts.
7) More and more stores are starting to carry parts. MA, Heliproz and Heliproz South of course have the same parent company. Other retailers I have found are Hobby Hut and most recently Helidirect.
8) I was a little disappointed that there were some part shortages recently. Everything seems to be back in stock. Part of this was the main shaft problem.

This does not make sense yet to me, but I am running YS 56's in both heli's.
The MA is pulling much harder than the T600 and it does not bog as easy with identical collective/cyclic pitch. Both engines are similar on run time, engine temp, etc.
fastflyer20 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastflyer20 View Post
This does not make sense yet to me, but I am running YS 56's in both heli's.
The MA is pulling much harder than the T600 and it does not bog as easy with identical collective/cyclic pitch. Both engines are similar on run time, engine temp, etc.

Thanks Fast!

About the hard pulling YS 56's... Years back there was a car racing series with "Identically" prepared cars. I think they were Camero's, anyway, every year one of the cars always out run the others. Kind of like your two helis.

Anybody else have any comments?
kenh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've got kit #12. I love the machine. My main shaft (hollow, came with the kit) is just fine. Only some of the main shafts were soft...which has been resolved. The only thing that I didn't like was the clips on the spindle. No problem with the "soft" option, but when you add all of the shims for max-stiffness..it's nearly impossible to get the clips to seat. However, this too has been resolved with the 1-piece clipless dampers. Cheap, and very easy to install.

Ron's has excellent service, and hey, you can always call MA if you want. All around, you can't go wrong with the Fury 55.

-Joey
Old 12-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastflyer20 View Post

3) There is a know vibe issue around 1800. I run it at 2100, so it has not been a problem.

About the vibe issue.. can you comment more on this?? My machine runs super smooth, but there is a visible vibe at the top of the canopy. I always ignored it and thought it was the flimsy Canomod canopy.

so far my only complaint is they coulda done a better job with the canopy. Its cheap likes to crack and chip, plus the color scheme is a bit ugly.
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

On mine , it's not a " vibe" issue ; its a low head speed nod , as the really hard head setup requires a higher head speed ..

My Tempest head equipped Stratus's do it as well; no biggie....

And yep , the canopys aren't anywhere near as solid as MA's used to be , but they are lots less $$$$$$....
Peter .... Furion 6 FBL ; E,N and G Whiplash FBL ; 2 Spectra G FBL ; Stratus FBL ;MA Extreme+E Razor+N Razor +Fury 55 FBL;xcell 60+xcell 70: TSA 700N & G; TSA 600N Pro & Platinum ; All BeastX ; guided by XPS .
Peter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

We did just release some slightly softer dampers, they really reduce the low headspeed "nod"
p/n 0844-13 are 85 durometer
http://www.heliwholesaler.com/0844-1...nfo/MA0844-13/
p/n 0844-14 are 80 durometer
http://www.heliwholesaler.com/0844-1...nfo/MA0844-14/
and p/n 0844-15 is a damper tuning kit with 80,85, and 90 durometer
http://www.heliwholesaler.com/0844-1...nfo/MA0844-15/

We did testing with these softer dampers and we found they are suitable for 3d flying as well as sport/hovering. If you like to fly with a lower headspeed, I highly recommend them.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by head_node View Post
I've got kit #12. I love the machine. My main shaft (hollow, came with the kit) is just fine. Only some of the main shafts were soft...which has been resolved. The only thing that I didn't like was the clips on the spindle. No problem with the "soft" option, but when you add all of the shims for max-stiffness..it's nearly impossible to get the clips to seat. However, this too has been resolved with the 1-piece clipless dampers. Cheap, and very easy to install.

Ron's has excellent service, and hey, you can always call MA if you want. All around, you can't go wrong with the Fury 55.

-Joey
I just gotten a new fury from a fellow friend and after adding all the shims for max stiffness, it is impossible to get in the c clip. Can I do away with the c clip? I tried the whole morning but can't seems to work.

http://nitro-magic.blogspot.com
TmMugen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by head_node View Post

-Joey
Hello, did you not install the c clips?

http://nitro-magic.blogspot.com
TmMugen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tim,

My apologies, I've been away from the forums for a while.

Forget the shims for max stiffness. Drop one of them so that you can get the clips to install. You probably won't notice the difference. I broke more of those clips trying to get "max stiffness" than I care to remember. It is a major pain.

Better yet, install the "clipless dampers". They're 1 piece dampers, and you can throw those clips as far back in your toolbox as you can. It will seriously make fiddling with the head pleasurable.

I recently bought the 3-damper tuning kit. It has the hard, medium, and soft dampers. I installed the soft this weekend. I haven't flown with it yet, thanks to a tropical storm. Hopefully, I'll be able to test them soon, and find the right damper.

Good luck.

-Joey
Old 12-30-2011, 02:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put over 60 hours on my Fury 55 (OS 55 futaba FBL and MA FBL head).From May to November. I respectfully disagree. There is a resonant vibration during spool up and spool down. For me its around 1750 or so. Just adjust your governor accordingly and don't operate there.

Awesome machine. OS55 with a Hatori pipe on 30% Nitro. Without a doubt the heli that always goes to the field. MA quality is outstanding. I also fly a 700 FBL nitro and a Blitz AVRO 90.

The Fury has a lot of performance. Buy and FLY with confidence.

Arclight338 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in