Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Fusion 50 / Velocity 50 Front Boom Mount Check

This is why so many are stripping TT gears in flight! Side to side wobble in the front bevel gear. Please check yours.

http://outragerc.com/blog/?p=208

It has come to our attention that there are a small number of front boom mounts which do not hold the front TT bevel gear bearings as securely as we would like.

Please take the time to check your front boom mount today.

Check Procedure:
1. Remove the front boom mount from the helicopter, and then the boom from the front boom mount.
2. Disassemble the front boom mount, and remove the counter gear.
3. With only the front TT bevel gear and associated bearings installed in the front boom mount, install and securely tighten the 4 M3x8 SHCS.

4. Test the TT bevel gear for play – left right, up down . Do not be concerned if the bevel gear moves longitudinally in and out of the boom mount along the axis of the boom.

5. If you notice any play or movement, please follow the following correction procedure.
Correction Procedure:
1. Disassemble the front boom mount again.
2. Place some 240 grit sand paper on a flat surface and rub the mating surfaces of both front boom mount halves on the sandpaper to remove any mold flashings, etc.

3. Test fit the front TT bevel gear and associated bearings in the front boom mount then install and securely tighten the 4 M3x8 SHCS.
4. Again test the TT bevel gear for play – left right, up down.
5. Continuing sanding the mating surfaces of the front boom mount until all play or movement is eliminated.
6. Re-assemble the front boom mount in the helicopter, remembering to re-fit the front counter gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had an issue with one of my front boom clamps and had to sand it. One thing to watch for is on my particular one I had to also sand some length off the two internal metal inserts so that it would fully close up and remove all lateral play!

Definately worth checking guys!
jody is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in