Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 2s BL Nano using mcpx bl tail motor as main?

Would it work and what would you need to do to try it?

I measured the 2s 8,100 kv mcpx bl tail motor and it is the same diameter as the brushed nano main motor and slightly shorter so it should fit in the frame without any problems. The output shaft is the same diameter so the stock pinion should work without any problems. This means I shouldn't have to do any frame modifications and gear mesh should be right.

I was thinking of wiring up two of the nano 150mah cells to power it. I would use an xp7a stripped down for the 2s esc for the main. What's the best way to get 1 cell power to the main board and tail motor or could the main board and tail handle 2s?

8,100 kv at two cell would be similar power and head speed to the 16,000kv 1s hp03 wouldn't it? How do you guys think the flight time would be?
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure about the power or flight time, should be similar to stock I reckon. XP7A is more than you need, a 3.5A ESC would work, unless of course you already have the XP7.

Since I think they can all run on 3.3v, this should do the job of powering the mainboard, servos and tail motor: http://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/de-sw033

Please keep us posted if you try it!
Oobly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have xp3a's and xp7a's but I thought the 3's could only handle 1s and the 7 could do 2s.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: 2s BL Nano using mcpx bl tail motor as main?

Yep, 1s only on the 3a.

2S nano has been done, heavy, powerful overkill.

From tapatalk
Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Overkill is perfect! I was just wondering how well the 2s inrunner tail motor from the mcpx bl would work as a main for a nano. Would it be between the mild and wild kits or wilder than wild? I have a ton of 1s nanotech batteries that I can make 2s, a stock nano with a board I just got repaired, and an xp7a that I got from astroid designs. All I need is the $20 inrunner from HH, a $2 pinion, and some schooling on wiring the main for 2s and board/tail at 1s. I'm just not sure exactly how to wire it up to the board correctly and I don't want to fry my board that I just got repaired. Looks like I'll start reading.

I already have an AD mild bl nano and it is great indoors and outdoors. I just thought this may be a fairly simple project using what I already have and the new mcpxbl tail motor.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't know until you try, look in the bl setup thread, might be some info there on the 2s inrunner setups. I doubt it will outperform the wild outrunner though, and you will need to run 9.4 on the esc for sure.

Adding another stock battery in series is near a 20% increase in weight, you might be better off going with a 2s 100.

From tapatalk
Old 01-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like the OP is trying to achieve the same results by adding more weight which would be counter productive.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you still make the side by side um battery holder for the mcpx? I looked to see if I could order one of those but it was greyed out on your web site.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpod View Post
Do you still make the side by side um battery holder for the mcpx? I looked to see if I could order one of those but it was greyed out on your web site.
Im just out of them right now, and truthfully once you add the mount and mcpx landing gear, it's just a bunch more weight!

From tapatalk
Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Sounds like the OP is trying to achieve the same results by adding more weight which would be counter productive.
Just thinking about trying something different. I'm not trying to achieve the same results which is why I'm asking about it before experimenting. I have not tested 1s powered micros versus 2s. I don't know if the 2s setup runs more or less efficient than 1s. Like Dylan said, you don't know until you try. Most experiments fail so this may be a bad idea. I have the mild nano kit and it works great. Now I have pieces laying around that I want to try something else with. It looks to me like I will increase the weight more than 20% with the batteries, wires, and xp7a and the head speed looks like it will increase by about 20% above the mild kit so it may come out performing close to the mild kit. It may be better or it may suck and be a waste of a few dollars. If it sucks, I still have a back up tail motor for my mcpx bl.

The main reason I thought of trying this was that the mcpx bl tail motor looks like it will drop in the nano frame without any frame modifications.

The AD wild kit would be the tried and true way to go but it's out of stock and won't be in stock quick enough for me to install this weekend when I have time to do the work.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also keep in mind the 8mm inrunners have brass bushings, so if it does work the motor won't last forever

From tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in