Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help with 1010c and nimh tx pack

ok here is my problem. im trying to charge my 8cell 9.6v nimh tx pack. im using the TP 1010c with the newest sw. the battery was dead enough to turn on my low battery warning in my futaba 9chp and also low enough to where the screen turns blank. so i know this battery is dead.
when trying to charge it with my 1010c i guessed and set the delta V setting to 9mv (it goes as low as 2mv and not sure what # to use or even what delta V is??) and set the charge amps as low as they will go which is .25amps(can it be set for a lower amperage?). after about 15 mins the battery voltage gets to around 10.9-11.0 volts and the charger beeps and says the pack is fully charged. i know its not really fully charged but why wont the charger pick that up??
not sure how else to charge this pack?? i would really like to charge it as slow as i can maybe even over night like a car battery trickle charger but i can only get it to charge for like 15 mins. am i doing something wrong??
thanks in advance for any help!!
3sgte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Might try this

When charging NiMH batteries some chargers look for a sudden spike in voltage. That is called the Delta V. Alas, for NiMH packs, that spike is not very large. As such, some times the charger can't see it or, it mistakes other smaller spikes for it.

There are really two proper ways to charge a NiMH:

1) Charge at no more then 1/3C until the temperature of the pack rises about 21 degrees C (40 degrees F) degrees over ambient.

2) Discharge the pack to 1 volt per cell. Charge at 1/10C for 15 hours.

I'm not sure how you can get the 1010 to charge this pack. However, I would discharge it to 1 volt per cell and try the charge after that. You may consider using the 1010's cycle feature on the pack. That will take a long time though.

jrohland
jrohland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

ill give that a try. thanks!
3sgte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in