Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wind was brutal today, but lots of pilots came out and there was some great flying. Bert Kammerer took advantage of the tailwind to zip a Goblin Speed down the field at warp 8.....
TORCHS member, AMA 64878, Citizen 690
Mattinfla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

To Todd and Courtney,

Thank you for another outstanding event. Great turn out! The PSL event is growing larger every year. I hope everyone in attendance appreciates the work you guys put into making this a must-attend event for r/c heli pilots in Florida. The raffle prizes contributed by your sponsors were abundant and it shows their commitment to the people in our hobby, as well your efforts. I was the lucky recipient of a Mikado gift certificate.

It's unfortunate that squall force winds sent more tents flying than helicopters. Still, the pros like Bert, Bobby & Art put on a great show for spectators!

Thanks again!
XSNSX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSNSX View Post
To Todd and Courtney,

Thank you for another outstanding event. Great turn out! The PSL event is growing larger every year. I hope everyone in attendance appreciates the work you guys put into making this a must-attend event for r/c heli pilots in Florida. The raffle prizes contributed by your sponsors were abundant and it shows their commitment to the people in our hobby, as well your efforts. I was the lucky recipient of a Mikado gift certificate.

It's unfortunate that squall force winds sent more tents flying than helicopters. Still, the pros like Bert, Bobby & Art put on a great show for spectators!

Thanks again!

+1. Great event despite the winds. My friends tent was a total loss. Mine barely survived. I won an RX lipo and a CC coupon for 50%. This will come in handy for a possible up coming build. Thanks to all who put this together. I can't wait for next year!!!!
Old 11-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As always we had a great time at PSL funfly. First time staying Saturday and Sunday. Yes Wind was blowing hard on Saturday. Still we have been able to get lots of flights in on both days.

Will be back next year.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Courtney and Todd for all your hard work putting this event together. Fantastic event indeed and a must go event for me every year! Here are a few photos I took.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	547006   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	547007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001_1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	547008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	547009   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	547010  

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	547011   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	547012   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	547013   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	547014   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	547015  

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	547016   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	547017   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	547020   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	547021   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	547022  

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	547023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	547024   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	547025  
Old 11-04-2014, 11:27 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 2014 Port St. Lucie Heli Smackdown was a huge success this year. This event just keeps getting bigger and more popular. Todd MacLauchlin and I would like to thank all the pilots that came out and braved the winds. We ended up having 70 registered pilots. It was a beautiful day, but the wind didn't get us down at all. The event would not nearly be as big if it weren't for our wonderful sponsors. The past couple of years we have developed relationships with the brands that our pilots love to fly, and continue to establish new relationships to bring in new support from the brands you love. It's always a treat to see our pilots win during the raffles, and it wouldn't be the same without the great support from our sponsors. Again, thank you all and we look forwards to seeing you at next years PSL Smackdown!

Todd and I would like to sincerely thank Jason Rose from RC Revolution, Matt-Amy Botos from Synergy R/C, Dan Reed, Justin Pucci, Nick Lenn, Jessie Salmonson from RC Heli Nation, Danny Melnick from Esprit Models, Tower Hobbies, Long Vu and Darrell Bell from HeliDirect, LLC and Quantum Motors, Gorgin Heli from Mikado USA, Brett Strand from SkyNet Aerial Media, Bert Kammerer and Suzi Kammerer from BK Servo, Georges van Gansen from Scorpion Power System co., ltd., Bobby Watts and Art Hughes from Encore RC and AccuRC, Steve McFall, Tony Jimenez, A.J. Jaffe from Experience RC, Andrew Hinton-Lever from OptiPower, Bobbi Jo from Byron Fuels, Angelos Gonias from Spartan RC, Curtis Youngblood, SAB Heli Division, Deater Rc Dbutz Butler from Xpert Servos, Rc Booya, Clint Akins and Steve Rogers from Castle Creations Inc., Jc Zankl and Jack Burnside from Empire Hobby, LLC and GAUI USA, Kyle Cashwell and Joe Cashwell from Rotarywingrc, Brent from Legend RC & Hobbies, LLC, Lisa Giovine-Mcdaniel from Graves RC Hobbies, Jens Jüngling from HD Helicopters Germany, Brian James from Blade Helicopters, Andy from Aero Hobbies, and Dave Sweatt for organizing and orchestrating the 50/50 raffle which was a big success that helped support the USA FAI team.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in