Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's hardware is ok with being mounted in any orientation, so more mounting positions will be included in one of the first firmware updates. We're just trying to keep things simple and proven for the release.

The bumped release date has to do with coordinating packaging and parts, technical issues found during final checks were very small. We will also put out an SK720 update about a week prior, hopefully this weekend.
Skookum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmm I see that GPS module is up on the front page rolling pictures also...

No copy on that as yet though...

Looking forward.
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

so will the 540 support the gps module on the sliding page of sk.com?? if so how much will it be (round about is fine with me)

soooo glad skookum is comin round the bin. specially scince i finally got my 720 in the air hehehhe. on to the 540 as long as there is gps
CHIEF-X is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry if this is a dumb question but can I use two Spektrum Sats with the 540 just like the Vbar?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #125 (permalink)

=] yes, absolutely!!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs_nut_58 View Post
so will the 540 support the gps module on the sliding page of sk.com?? if so how much will it be (round about is fine with me)

soooo glad skookum is comin round the bin. specially scince i finally got my 720 in the air hehehhe. on to the 540 as long as there is gps
No GPS on the 540.

http://www.skookumrobotics.com/produ...arless-system/

Rick
rickn816 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe this was already answered. But what's the advantage of dual 3-axis gyros? What difference in flight behavior should we expect due to this feature?
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #128 (permalink)

just curious, Skookum was the only foreign company in China... there was nothing interesting this year...

Rumore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

>Maybe this was already answered. But what's the advantage of dual 3-axis gyros? What difference in flight behavior should we expect due to this feature?

We can get better performance/$ out of two medium-price sensors for low-level technical reasons. Lower noise, that sort of thing. As a side benefit, the units fly just fine after the failure of one sensor (we have not seen one fail yet, but we've forced failures).
Skookum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
We can get better performance/$ out of two medium-price sensors for low-level technical reasons. Lower noise, that sort of thing. As a side benefit, the units fly just fine after the failure of one sensor (we have not seen one fail yet, but we've forced failures).
That makes a lot of sense not only from a technical standpoint but it's also a safety advantage (Redundancy), it's almost like having run-flat tyres on your car.
I like the way you think, Art.

Now take my money, please.
Cascade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skookum;3822096[...
As a side benefit, the units fly just fine after the failure of one sensor (we have not seen one fail yet, but we've forced failures).
Just in case you haven't thought of this, I hope there is some external indication that a sensor has failed, and that the controller is now operating in 'reduced redundancy mode'.

IMO, a big advantage of redundant systems is that you get the chance to fix them, before they become inoperable. This doesn't happen if you don't know...
Scallybert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
>Maybe this was already answered. But what's the advantage of dual 3-axis gyros? What difference in flight behavior should we expect due to this feature?

Thanks Art! Looking forward to testing one out when they are released.

Alex
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

The SK540 price is up on helidirect.
If you do a google search for "SK540 price revealed", a certain website that helifreak wont let me link to claims it will be available April 20th at helidirect
http://helidirect.com/skookum-roboti...er-p-26481.hdx
Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess it is in the right ball park but the MSH Brian offers most of the SK720 features for about the same price as the new SK540. True it is unproven but I am going to give it a try before I try the 540. Its a very competitive market out there at the moment.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SK-540 Pre-Production Test Flight

I've had a pre-production SK-540 model here for almost 2 weeks now, when I first got it, I simply did a quick swaparoo with the SK-720 I had installed in my Gaui H200.

Did a few quick flights and little hovering, but nothing more beyond that.

Today, I spent some time to rewire my whole H200 and do a really nice setup job. I gotta say folks, I'm INCREDIBLY impressed with the unit. The tail holds like there's no tommorow, no bounce, and VERY stable considering that the H200 is a bit of a vibration monster. The tail rates are wicked, and the new processor feels really fast ...

The vibration tolerance is much better than the SK-720 I think, because of the lack of accelerometers.

Anyways, this thing is LOCKED IN ..... very impressive! I wasn't going to set the governor up on the little H200, but I might do it anyways for fun.

Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #136 (permalink)
Bri
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am currently in the process of building a TRex 700e and I do have to say that I am quite interested in the new SK-540.

I guess wee can only hope for more units to hit the market so that we can obtain additional reviews.

T-Rex 700F3C / T-Rex 450 Pro / Blade mCPX / Blade mSR / Blade mCX / Walkera 53Q3
JR X9503 /
Spektrum DX7
Phoenix Sim
Bri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in