Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default After waiting for T-rex 500 for so long...

I just decided to go for the 600 instead. I have been waiting since we first heard of it. I did not want the 600 because of the cost of battery packs, but after thinking about it their is not going to be THAT much of a difference, maybe between 60.00 -100.00 (for a powerful setup), but you get a much larger kick arse bird. Plus, I already have standard MG servos instead of having to purchase mid sized ones... So...I am a proud T-Rex 600 owner. Just waiting for it to arrive. Also a new 450 V2 owner. How I convinced my wife to let me just spend almost 2000.00 is beyond me. Especially since I have 2 450s already and about 6 planes -running out of tricks up my sleave -lol
Finsta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

well done you will have fun with it
enjoy the build
or is it already built ?
E - 4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 01:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks. Nope -I need to build, which I will enjoy.
Finsta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 07:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I am about ready to give up too and just order a 600. I am conflicted over a 600E or the 600N. Batteries sure are a killer. Compexity of a nitro kinda bothers me.

Matt
Blade 360CFX, OMP M2 Explore, OMP M1
mhanley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will learn much faster with a nitro because you can do so many more flights, unless you spend $2000 on batteries you can't match the flying time of a nitro.

The only difference in complexity is the motor and fuel system (pretty straight forward really)

And the smoke trails look cool too!!

I Used to own a 600 electric but have not bothered to get it back in the air because the 5min flight times are a real pain in the arse and each battery takes over an hour to charge!

Cheers Mat
maaatvee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been watching the forums to try and help me decide, seems there is a definite divide between those who are going electric and those going nitro. I am leaning more toward the 600N, maybe if in the future battery prices drop, I will get a 600E also.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Go for 10S A123. It flies like nitro version, with 2 packs you can fly almost as much as nitro and it will cost you less in long term. Of course, you need proper power source for charging.
jarosujo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

true for my taste a123 is th eonly way to go on a big bird unless you want either insane power or light weigh.

But 2 packs (4 5s packs maybe) and a decent chargeing option. you can fly and have just enought time to cool the bird down before your back in the air again. not to mention no mess or smell AND no buying fuel again and again
Ginvent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a couple of ThunderPower 1010C chargers and 210 balancers, that ought to work OK. Looks like I am now back looking at a 600E.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaatvee View Post
You will learn much faster with a nitro because you can do so many more flights, unless you spend $2000 on batteries you can't match the flying time of a nitro.

The only difference in complexity is the motor and fuel system (pretty straight forward really)

And the smoke trails look cool too!!

I Used to own a 600 electric but have not bothered to get it back in the air because the 5min flight times are a real pain in the arse and each battery takes over an hour to charge!

Cheers Mat
I disagree. I spent over a year farting with a Venture 30, spending more time fiddling with the motor setup and messing with fuel, and never got past hovering. The 600E, I built per the manual and Finless vids, and it flew like top from flight 1. Electric is reliable, and virtually no guessing/learning curve to get a stock setup up and running reliably. I may go back and mess with the Venture now, but my overall knowledge is much better, so I can deal with messing with the motor without the intimidation of the other variables.

I get 8 to 10 minutes of "Sport" flying on my Airthunder pack and still have 15 to 20%. If I fly 3D (at least my poor attempts) I get 5 to 7. Not bad, IMHO.

Cheers!
Lee
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lee, sounds like you do the same type of flying I do. With my 450SE I do loops, flips, and rolls. I have tried inverted a couple of times, started out well, didn't end so good. I would be happy with 6 or 6 1/2 minutes of flying time. I think I will probably go ahead and order a 600E and try and get it setup for A123 batteries. A lot of info on A123's here in the forum, almost too much which makes it confusing, but hopefully I can figure something out.

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in