Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CP II Confusion for me

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this one so I apologize in advance.

1. I am using a DX7 TX.

2. My Gear switch,prior to installing cp ii controls my gyro's hh and rate setting (set to gear/gear) My travel adjust for gear is +48% HH - 38% rate

2.1 This is my confusion. I'd like to use my gear switch now for the on/off of cp ii not for hh and rate as now that yy heli is a sound setup again I have no need for rate mode but once I set up cp ii and adjust my gains correctly for cp ii my gyro gains will be completely screwed up correct? As cp ii is used for gear/gear as well (if i want to use the gear switch that is.. and I do)

2.2 So my question is (or confusion is) basically how do I set up my heli to run at the gain I want for HH on a DX7 but also use my gear switch to turn cp ii on and off and have its travel adjustments set correctly?

3. I hope I made some sense out of that and hope someone can get me there!

cliffkp is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's been a while but u can assign your gyro to flight mode thus elimate gear .
ourbail is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffkp View Post
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this one so I apologize in advance.

1. I am using a DX7 TX.

2. My Gear switch,prior to installing cp ii controls my gyro's hh and rate setting (set to gear/gear) My travel adjust for gear is +48% HH - 38% rate

2.1 This is my confusion. I'd like to use my gear switch now for the on/off of cp ii not for hh and rate as now that yy heli is a sound setup again I have no need for rate mode but once I set up cp ii and adjust my gains correctly for cp ii my gyro gains will be completely screwed up correct? As cp ii is used for gear/gear as well (if i want to use the gear switch that is.. and I do)

2.2 So my question is (or confusion is) basically how do I set up my heli to run at the gain I want for HH on a DX7 but also use my gear switch to turn cp ii on and off and have its travel adjustments set correctly?

3. I hope I made some sense out of that and hope someone can get me there!
Hi,

You need to connect your gyro rate pigtail to channel 4 of the CPII computer module. This will free up channel 5 for CPII on/off. You need to go into "preferences" and set gyro output to the HH value you used in your channel 5 end point adjustments. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Howard Matos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 01:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Only thing to note here is CP gain is in a -100 to +100 range unlike spectrum which is 0-100... So your gain number will change.

A 75 in a dx7 is the same as a + 50 in a CP as both numbers a 3/4 of the way through their respective range.
T-Rex 800DFC Pro, 700LTOP, 700L Night, 550V2, 470LT, 250DFC, Oxy-2 x2, 3 x2, 4, Goblin 500 Sport(soon), Fireball x2, Blade 230s Night, 180CFX, MCPS, Nano CPX & NQX2 FPV, Vortex 250, Inductrix FPV. K110 Cars/Trucks/Planes AMA#L965241, Part 107 Pilot
#iamundeservedlyblessedandiknowit
TeeJayShelton is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 05:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a DX7 and use the flight mode switch for gyro gain. In the "gyro sens" menu set first option to Auto, this then assigns the fmode to control the gain, then under "rate" in this screen you set your gain value for 0 and 1, under "fmode" in this screen you assign which value (0 or 1) to use for each fmode switch position.

I am just replacing flymentor with copilot and have been using the Aux2 switch to turn it on and off and intend to do the same with cp. Not sure how you would set the gear switch to do it.
hope that helps, Steve.
stevelawley is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in