Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano Kudos! (A newbie's success story)

So I just wanted to share some joy that I am FINALLY getting comfortable flying my 450x, and I owe it all to this little guy.

I started with the v911 (like everyone else), then got the simulator (RealFlight 7), then talked to the hobby shop and got a 450x V2... last Summer. I was comfortable in all upright orientations on the sim and thought I was ready to fly the real thing...

In reality, firing up the 450 scared the heck outa me. I jumped the gun and after one crash (I hit a basketball pole - at the time I didn't know how to choose the right location!) I went and got a 200 SRX. This helped, but being FP it still didn't prepare me for the faster response of a CP like the 450.

So before Winter I bought a Nano and after MicroHeli upgrades and a lot of repairs, soldering, etc (learned a lot during the repairs) I have what I consider to be very good control of the little guy. More so than a lot of the videos I have seen. Now, don't get me wrong, my 3D is near non-existent, although I was able to invert hover the Nano- my first!

Anyway without blabbering on too much (too late), I can say that now when I fly the 450, its a *****cat, like a Nano in slow motion (of course I haven't hit the 450's IU yet).

My point (yes, there is a point to all of this) is that I don't think there is any doubt that if you can fly the Nano, you can fly nearly anything else, especially the bigger helis. It may seem like common sense, but to a newbie like me, I owe this little guy a lot and hope whenever anyone asks the best way to learn CP, you should recommend the Nano. Frustrating to start of course, but it pays off big time.

Thanks for reading, good day and happy flying!!
BladesinMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My transformation went from the solo pro V2 (basically a v911) to a 200 srx and now I have a nano cpx. I still havent mastered basic flight but I wanted a heli to fly around when my srx is down! And this thing is a blast! I agree, I am trying to get rid of my bad habits and I am learning to reach for the throttle hold more.

How was that first crash with your 450? How much did it cost?

What does the IU stand for?
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

IU is Idle Up / stunt mode.

The crash was not as bad as it could have been. Both carbon fiber blades were toast, the spindle shaft was bent, the main gear was stripped, one of the tail blade links was broken, and one of the swash links went missing.

In all about $50 in parts, and about half of that cost was for the blades.

Took less than 2 hours to get the repairs done - in some ways the larger helis are a lot easier to work on because the parts are so much bigger!

Yes, the Nano is a great way to learn how to hit the throttle hold!
BladesinMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2015, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesinMD View Post
So I just wanted to share some joy that I am FINALLY getting comfortable flying my 450x, and I owe it all to this little guy....

Anyway without blabbering on too much (too late), I can say that now when I fly the 450, its a *****cat, like a Nano in slow motion (of course I haven't hit the 450's IU yet).

My point (yes, there is a point to all of this) is that I don't think there is any doubt that if you can fly the Nano, you can fly nearly anything else, especially the bigger helis. It may seem like common sense, but to a newbie like me, I owe this little guy a lot and hope whenever anyone asks the best way to learn CP, you should recommend the Nano. Frustrating to start of course, but it pays off big time.
I maintain this as well. The nano although very twitchy teaches a lot (and very inexpensively).

Just wait till you are comfortable with the 450 at 100% throttle and all upright and inverted orientations. It is an absolute blast.

I have 6 batteries for my 450X and scream it around the local park to blow off steam. (loops, rolls, 8s and even the odd autorotation). At 125% DR and it has the manouverability of a nano but the power to pull off moves in the wind the nano can only dream of.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can set cyclic rates more than 100%? :o
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2015, 07:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
You can set cyclic rates more than 100%? :o
DX6, 7, 8, 9 and 18 allow DR up to 150. Taranis I can have effective DR over that with extended limits.

Taranis 76.5% = Spectrum 100% for DSMX module. On my 450X I use cyclic rates of 100 (which is about 130.7% - a touch over 125%). The 450X responds by flipping and rolling faster

This is not for the feint of heart as it becomes VERY twitchy (but super fun to fly).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in