Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default thinking about going back to brushed but I can't remember what it is like.

I don't fly my nano much as the grass in my field got too long and I almost lost it and stepped on it once. Mainly I went to brushess to help with my poor collective management as I could not recover once I started flipping the bird. but I am better and I pretty much fly my 130 and 300 I like the stability much better. but I just flew the nano after a couple months in front of my house and realized it is much easier to keep in the area.
right now it is wild and I could go back to mild but the expense I am not sure it is worth it or the hassle of modding the frame and such. I am wondering it it is lighter it iwll work for flipping and inverted practice but be easier to deal with? been a long time since I had the brushed motor in and i was such a poor flyer I can't remember. I know the default motor on my 130x makes it more stable and and manageable and the same with the mcpx. I find I don't need a lot of power. I just need better skills.
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would stick with the brushless... if nothing else to keep from replacing motors every 40-50 flights...

The power is nice too since smaller heli's have less blade inertia and are more apt to bog in hard maneuvers...
T-Rex 700E DFC Pro HV, Blade 500X, HK450 ProV2 FBL (Tarot DFC Head, Tarot DFC Swash, BeastX, Align Blades), mCPX BL (Every RKH Upgrade, KDE Blades, Lion Heli Canopy, Gear and Fin), 130X (Custom build... nothing stock), 300X (Edge Blades)
Meekrakkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could just swap out the wild for the mild motor...and use lighter/smaller batteries.

I have the wild (which I just converted from a mild) and also a stock nano. I love the stock nano for indoor use, basically flying around the house doing ciruits and bugging the girlfriend.

The wild I plan to use outdoors to warm up before I bust out the 130x's and 300x
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I had a mild but I never got it to fly well seemed to eat up batteries too fast. having a lighter heli so when I hit all the hard things in front of my house would have big advantages. ev erytime you break the canopy pegs off a frame it is a hassle to try to remove the cf parts and make another frame work. the heavy battery also breaks landing gear worse too.
Plus the main gear strips easily too when you crash.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfisto View Post
The wild I plan to use outdoors to warm up before I bust out the 130x's and 300x
thats what I used to do. but I got tired of the instability of it. made it harder to really manage learning the inverted hover. Spent a lot of time playing fetch the heli
but it got me to the point I could hover inverted but now the 130 does most of that work. Plus the long grass kind of made me put it away. but slow and stable and easier on a crash would work well on the paved road in front of my house.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, much easier to learn inverted with the 130x.

The wild nano is mostly for just trying crazy stupid things that I wouldn't wanna risk on the bigger birds
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found the stock Nano performed well. But a BL mild seems to have a bit more power. Plus the motor life with brushed seems short. If I was you I would get a mild motor for 30 bucks and install it. Just make sure your stator is glued in well. Mine popped off in a crash and almost cost me a rewind.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfisto View Post
I agree, much easier to learn inverted with the 130x.

The wild nano is mostly for just trying crazy stupid things that I wouldn't wanna risk on the bigger birds
once I got there I got tired of playing fetch the heli. my reactions are just not fast enough to do decent hovering with it. but it was great for getting there I used to crash sometimes 5 times per battery learning inverted. but it saved me a lot of money.
but now with grass upto my chest in some places I can't fly it in the field and I like the stability of my 130 and 300.
But I may fly it a bit more if it is a bit more stable and does not break as much. going with the wild everything needs to be perfect. may cost me 20.00 to go back but if I go a mild the price goes way up and I never had luck getting the mild working well.
the only bad part is how slow the batteries charge. they take forever to charge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in