Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

You and your Fahrenheit what nobody understands (without thinking...).

World speaks in Celsius, and this should be a worldwide forum

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

owned and operated from the good ole U S of A. All joking aside, i highly doubt the guys laptop charger boils water.
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor

Last edited by branflake; 11-14-2012 at 11:51 PM..
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post

Walter
http://files.joshmadison.com/convert.zip
Old 11-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post

Walter
Lucky you people that live in one system, no matter which one. Here in Canada we swim in both at the same time

Older people like me usually speak in Fahrenheit, and youngsters which have not been expose to it because they where too young or not even born when we converted, speak in Celcius.

The lumber store still talk about 2X4 8feet long, and the hardware store sells screws in the metric system. You buy a socket set and you get SAE an metric because american cars still have sae and japonise have metric. Grocery stores tag their goods in pound and kilo because many older people could not make the switch. Cars sold here have a speedometer with an outer ring in kilometers and an inner ring in miles.

Talk about confusion.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not have a "real" Problem to convert those Fahrenheit into Celsius.
But it is strange while reading, a value given in Fahrenheit still does not make this "effect" in your brain what a value given in Celsius does.

Do not have any troubles with pound, not with feet, but struggeling when given low distances in inch - its the "automatically know what meant" stuff, not a real problem to convert. Screw diameter and similar stuff not in metric causes troubles to me.

And I really hate wires - here I am now used to AWG to normal wire, but to mm in copper enameled wire, and some even give the dimensions in mm²...

Anyway, we have to live with it - better than the strange commonwealth people, driving on the wrong side (which was in fact much easier for me to learn when being Down Under; brain seems to switch easier than from Fahrenheit to Celsius etc. - brain seems to know, what is really important for your life and safety).

Totally OT, sorry,

Walter
Old 11-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ot, but temp units are a cake walk. Damn US units drive me nuts. Just try dealing with slugs in any equations involving mass/weight. I had a harder problem with this than anything else in my Mech engineering education.

Back on topic, the 3rd gen hyperion batteries are awesome. And taken care of they last and discharge pretty flat. Decent prices too, all I fly in the various heli I have flown.

Regards,

Steve

Sent from Tapatalk using my Inspire 4g through ATT (meaning it's a wonder you can see this!)

Steve
Iceberg86300 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a mild kit on the way and Im having a hard time deciding what to power it with. Any more insights on what lipos to get? I have been looking at the hyperion 180 and 240 and was pretty much set on Hyperion 240 for power and flight times, but someone mentioned the added weight is noticeable, any one else using these willing to share their experience?
Kendo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The weight of the larger lipos on the mild kit is definitely noticeable. It flies like a pig with them. The stock eflite 25C 150's have been doing the best for me, and if you wanna mod a bit, I've heard the hyp 180's are nice too. But if you want plug and play, stick with the stock

I have 2 mild kit nanos now, and the hyp 250's, eflite 200's and nano 300's kill the bird.
It's just too much weight.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on the stock eflite batteries. Work very well. I get pretty consistent performance and can flip back to back through a whole pack. Getting about 3 minutes and could easily hover around for another 30sec to 1 minute.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer View Post
+1 on the stock eflite batteries. Work very well. I get pretty consistent performance and can flip back to back through a whole pack. Getting about 3 minutes and could easily hover around for another 30sec to 1 minute.
How many charge cycles do you have on your stock batteries?

2010 wr250r/x supermoto
unit3890 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit3890 View Post
How many charge cycles do you have on your stock batteries?
I have around 30 cycles on the 4 stock batteries that I have. I will change what I said originally though as I was making a good guess

I just timed 3 flights and getting 2:30 of consistent (no bogging) performance running 70% on my mild setup. I can still easily flip and fly around for a good minute but the motor suffers during this time.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just tried MCPx batteries on nano mild BL with modified KBDD skid. one 250mah and two 300mah.
I didnt get better time on them than the stock 150 or flytown 160. I know the MCPx batteries are well used.
I think the combination of extra weight and old batteries gave the poor results.
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbilliter View Post
Just tried MCPx batteries on nano mild BL with modified KBDD skid. one 250mah and two 300mah.
I didnt get better time on them than the stock 150 or flytown 160. I know the MCPx batteries are well used.
I think the combination of extra weight and old batteries gave the poor results.

Mine didn't like the extra weight of the mcpx batteries either.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

For stock size batteries, I also found that the stock battery works best. The Hyperion 160s lose punch after about 2 to 2.5 minutes.
StangGuy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #55 (permalink)

You gotta have at least two to three cells of the same kind before you can make judgement. That's what I found out looking at the discharge curves.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are the Miniaviation 190's (edit:ordered 5)still the best for the mild? I cant fly 3d for 3 mins with my hyperions 160 (still need breaking in) and stock eflites. I get about 2 mins of good power with them, and can just add another minute with some better col management. But rpm doesnt hold anymore.

Last edited by velocity90; 11-25-2012 at 10:24 AM..
velocity90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJoE View Post
I had a couple new 2 cell nano-tech 180mah. I pulled them apart and soldered connectors on. Flown them around 8 cycles each now. They are by far the worst batteries of my bunch, barely can do 2 minutes where the regular nano-tech 160's go 2.5 - 3 mins. Ordered some Hyperion 180's, hopefully they will perform.
Received mine today.
Unfortunately have to agree totally.
The nano-tech 180 is a huge disappointment; get about 3 - 3 1/2 min in my BL Nano till LVC. Eflite stock battery is WAY better; (new) Zippy 240 20c (about same size) are also way better.

Fits into mCP x skids... the only good thing.

Read your review some hours too late; some hours after ordering those batteries.

Walter
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The Hyperion 180mah are awesome. I have around 15 cycles on each and they hold for over 3 mins on my Wild setup with full 3d. However running them on the Mild setup, they are too heavy, but they work ok.

Also, I tried some old and weak Hyperion 240 mah and they are heavy and not powerful, then I tried a new 300mah Nanotech from my Mcpx, and it works pretty well. I'd like to try a fresh Hyperion 240 to see if that works. I'm pretty surprised the 300mah does so well, the weight gain is a lot.

I also tried a couple Hyperion 160mah, and they do very good as well on the Mild setup.

Can't go wrong with the Hyperion 180 on the Wild, but if your using Mild, your best to stick with the stock Eflights or the Hyperion 160.

One thing that amazes me with the Wild setup, is it draws almost as much power and current as my Blackdragon Mcpx(similar flight times).
RedJoE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

So what do you guys think about using Hyperion 240s on a mild kit? Dylan seems to mention those on his webpage for the Mild kit.
Is that an overkill?
There was an insane sale on fastlads (£2.49 or $3.99) and I couldn't resist the urge to grab a handful of them.
Still waiting on my kit to arrive from customs so I can't test them.
Milo. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo. View Post
So what do you guys think about using Hyperion 240s on a mild kit? Dylan seems to mention those on his webpage for the Mild kit.
Is that an overkill?
There was an insane sale on fastlads (£2.49 or $3.99) and I couldn't resist the urge to grab a handful of them.
Still waiting on my kit to arrive from customs so I can't test them.
I ordered 3 Hyperion 180's and 3 240's for my mild kit so I'll let you know how they are once I get them. Unfortunately, the 240's are out of stock so I'm waiting on those to come in stock before my order ships.
Couchking is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in